What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Over the last month or two I have seen The Queen and Mary Antoinette. I think they warrant a simultaneous review. Before seeing either, I thought to myself "what is the point of making a movie that intimately portrays the life of a royal, since realistically they lead extraordinarily boring lives?" The movies confirmed this suspicion as they both lavishly recreated extravagant real life characters and settings for no apparent purpose whatsoever.

Having said that, I found The Queen bearable, but Mary Antoinette was absolutely appalling, I'm still dumbfounded as to why that movie was ever made a month or so later.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
oh yeah, "The Notebook". Chick flick which has scored rave reviews. My fiancee was in tears by the end and loved it, I thought it was completely emotionally uninvolving. btw I regard myself as a fairly sensitive guy who is capable of appreciating less masculine movies, but I thought that this one completely missed the mark, which seems to be totally at odds with what everyone else thinks. I think I have really lost touch with humanity.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Music & Lyrics last night.

Some moments got a chuckle or two, but the majority like any romantic comedy was predictable and had some serious plot holes.

Generalzod

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
oh yeah, "The Notebook". Chick flick which has scored rave reviews. My fiancee was in tears by the end and loved it, I thought it was completely emotionally uninvolving. btw I regard myself as a fairly sensitive guy who is capable of appreciating less masculine movies, but I thought that this one completely missed the mark, which seems to be totally at odds with what everyone else thinks. I think I have really lost touch with humanity.

I bought the DVD for my wife for Valentines day, One of the best chick flick movie I have ever seen....

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Generalzod said:
I bought the DVD for my wife for Valentines day, One of the best chick flick movie I have ever seen....

ffs I just don't get it. The story of young love was too fast paced to involve the audience and the "twist" ending could be predicted just by looking at the box.

Eskimo Sharkie said:
"World Trade Centre" - very good.

my partner would not allow me to watch that, because he says we already know what happened....and why do we have to constantly be reminded of that tragic day :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts