What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupid Stunt

Alpha Dog: This is a pig of a movie. Aussie Park Boys is the worst but this gave it a hell of a push. Went nowhere, did nothing, & the whole selling point was based around Justin Timberlake acting in a movie. I'm no fan of his music & the guy might bring sexy back, but he sure as sh*t cant act. Avoid avoid avoid!

Eskimo Sharkie said:
Watched the old BBC series, circa 1981 I think, of "The Day of the Triffids". Still a great take on the John Wyndham classic and I'm surprised that we haven't seen a big screen re-make in recent times (although "28 Days Later" follows a similar storyline).

I'd also love to see a big screen version of "The Chrysalids" (awesome book).

I have both the Day of the Triffids on DVD and prefer the BBC version. It's a lot more in keeping with the book than the Howard Keel movie.

There was a rumour that the guys who made Shaun of the Dead were going to do "Dave of the Triffids"..

Utey

Coach
Syriana, I just have to say wtf!?! It was very twisty and confusing. Anyone else seen it?

Watched Riding Giants again yesterday.

The definitive documentary on big wave riding.

Fantastic show. I recommend it to anyone even if you're not interested in surfing.

I defy anyone to watch Laird Hamilton ride that monster in Tahiti without being in awe of the ride.

Wind_blue_wideweb_470x315%2C0.jpg

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Watched Riding Giants again yesterday.

The definitive documentary on big wave riding.

Fantastic show. I recommend it to anyone even if you're not interested in surfing.

I defy anyone to watch Laird Hamilton ride that monster in Tahiti without being in awe of the ride.

Wind_blue_wideweb_470x315%2C0.jpg

Particularly when the reef is about three feet below the surface.

Cupid Stunt

ZIDANE ~ A 21st Century Portrait: A doco/arthouse styled movie based on a game (Real Madrid vs. Villareal, April 23, 2005) taken from Zizous perspective. If you have no interest in Soccer then it's probably best to dodge it but if you have even a slight interest in the game, or Zidane himself, it's well worth a watch. Something similar was done with George Best years ago but I never saw that so this is something new for me.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
There was a rumour that the guys who made Shaun of the Dead were going to do "Dave of the Triffids"..

I'd go and see that. Loved "Shaun of the Dead", even if the scene where his mate is dragged through the window and they hoe into his guts is a touch on the gross side.

Status
Not open for further replies.