What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoooter

Juniors
yeah i saw the happening too. was disappointed in the ending. well, disappointed int eh whole film really. i only liked the death scenes.

Can i suggest such a couple of films for you?

Maybe 'death is bad' or even 'life is great - why not to kill yourself'

but seriously, i want to see this movie. Is it worth seeing?

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad - 1958

Absolute classic imo. A childhood favourite. Brought back the years there...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Going with an asian theme...

Forbidden City. Twas okay I guess. I usually hate martial arts films.

Hero. When I first seen this at the movies, I thought it was so boring. Decided to watch it again... now I love. Beautiful movie.

AILD

Bench
Can i suggest such a couple of films for you?

Maybe 'death is bad' or even 'life is great - why not to kill yourself'

but seriously, i want to see this movie. Is it worth seeing?

no you may not suggest those films. :sarcasm:

umm....worth seeing ? i dunno, it is ok, but IMO the story sucked and th acting at times is poor.

wtf was up with that guy and hotdogs???:sarcasm::sarcasm:

christopher

Juniors
no you may not suggest those films. :sarcasm:

umm....worth seeing ? i dunno, it is ok, but IMO the story sucked and th acting at times is poor.

wtf was up with that guy and hotdogs???:sarcasm::sarcasm:

'The Happening' is a parody. hence the overacting, terrible dialogue (which is actually hilarious) and assinine plot.

Shymalan's first three films - sixth sense, unbreakable and signs are all wonderfull movie and regardless of whether you thought the plot devices of his last two films - the village and lady in the water - worked or not, you can still see the greatness in the craft evident in each frame, despite the end result.

The Happening is a terible film in many ways, but it still entertains you and that is the point.

Many don't believe it to be a parody, but i can't see any other option considering his previous work.

If you have seen a glutton of 'monstor movies' and disaster type flicks then it's obvious this is sending those films up.

i mean the film is called 'the happening' and the words 'happened' or 'happening' occurs so many times through the movie in typical b movie fashion.

in fact at one point Marky Mark says to a bunch of strange looking train drivers "why are you all drip feeding me information and not telling me what is happening" this is play at the nature of these movies where the guessing game is laborious and a mere plot function.

I enjoyed the film. Not great, even when taking it as a parody, but it was funny and a good flick to see with ya boys and laugh at.

In time this film will become a cult classic.

Engine

Juniors
I saw Speed Racer" last week. It really stuck with the spirit of the cartoon series. Better than I thought it would be.

"Last King of Scotland" - Forrest Whittaker was brilliant.

"Stir of Echoes" - Richard Matheson's book of the same title pretty well translated to the screen. I understand the book was Stephen King's inspiration for "The Shining" and the similarities were more obvious here.

Shoooter

Juniors
Indy 4.

Although hes old as f**k, hearing that famous theme music whilst Jones performs the trademark outlandish stunts still sends tingles down my spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts