What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jet Li's "Fearless"

It was on SBS the other night. It was a little bit predictable, but still enjoyable. The fight scenes were pretty cool.

natheel

Coach
Get him to the greek - was ok, all u expect from that type of comedy

Paranormal Activity 2 - seriously wasted my money tbh. the only thing scary about this movie is the suspense but in the end the 'scares' are nothing

zombie jesus

Staff member
Bronson - Tom Hardy is fun to watch in this, this movie is all him. Watching this reminded me of a mixture of Chopper and A Clockwork Orange without the depth of either one.

Righteous Kill - The movie is not so crash hot, the performances aren't classic or anything, I just enjoy watching Pacino and DeNiro and to have them on the screen together again was a bonus.

Knocked Up - Watched this again for fun, love it.

Moon - Watched this again too, everyone needs to see this.

The Invention of Lying - Cameos galore. I love Gervais, he's a genius, but this missed the mark for me.

A bit behind but I'm going to watch Inception in the next day or two, hope it lives up to the hype.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Gave myself a self imposed quiet weekend (trying to behave and save money). Hit the video shop a couple of times.

Hot Tub Time Machine - Seen it a couple of times now. Funny stuff. One of the most funny movies I have seen lately. Loved it. "Are we raping?"

Get Him To The Greek - It was OK. Some funny parts but overall pretty average. P Diddy was pretty good in it though.

Nightmare on Elm Street - The latest remake. Not bad. Pretty dark and the movie looked good. Typical horror flick though, no real surprises.

A-Team - surprised me. Thought it was going to be average but it was a funny action flick. The guy from District 9 makes the movie I reckon. Rampage Jackson does well as BA.

Beneath Hill 60 - Not too bad for an Australia War movie based on a true story. I really liked it. Eye opening to what went on.

Shes Out Of My League - for a MA rating it was very much a chick flick. Some funny parts but too sappy.

Robin Hood - Pretty boring really. Says it all.

Prince Of Persia - I didn't mind it. Bit better than I thought it would be.

simostorm

Bench
i watched Dear John.. same dude that wrote the notebook..

sound gay does it fellas??

try watching it with a chick.. the mood it puts her in.. use your imagination..

for that reason i truly do beleive the notebook is the greatest movie ever made.

Jurassic Park 2 -

starts off a strong sequal. they had a second island. why not? they were crazy genetic engineers.

jeff goldblum's kid is black?

vince vaughan is in this movie?

Pete Posthlewait...how do you say it?

premise was good. execution was poor. they introduce the kids from movie 1 at the start for 2 minutes and then theyre never seen again. no sam neil or whats her face.

the main guy is the chaos theorist. and he was ok in teh first movie but all he did was make jokes/complain/ get smahed up by the t rex and somehow avoid being eaten.

on the island. t rex scenes are good...but the blood is contrived. guy gets eaten at the waterfall and theres no where nearly enough blood.

then the 12 year old gymnast busts out the moves and kicks a raptor in the face. cliche'd move. some how the ultra clever raptors cant take out anyone that has any more than 2 minutes of dialogue? seriously?

then they bring a f**king T Rex to san diego. this is where it falls apart.

the boat plows into the port because everyone is dead? how is everyone dead on the boat and yet the T rex is some how back inside the holding cell? and how did it get inside the cabin without smashing it to pieces?

they should have just gone "suss this t rex we caught. oh sh*t its busting free every body run...then it has a crazy rampage..maybe eats ryan leaf..whatever.

6/10

LESStar58

Referee
Jurassic Park 2 -

starts off a strong sequal. they had a second island. why not? they were crazy genetic engineers.

premise was good. execution was poor. they introduce the kids from movie 1 at the start for 2 minutes and then theyre never seen again. no sam neil or whats her face.

the main guy is the chaos theorist. and he was ok in teh first movie but all he did was make jokes/complain/ get smahed up by the t rex and somehow avoid being eaten.

on the island. t rex scenes are good...but the blood is contrived. guy gets eaten at the waterfall and theres no where nearly enough blood.

then the 12 year old gymnast busts out the moves and kicks a raptor in the face. cliche'd move. some how the ultra clever raptors cant take out anyone that has any more than 2 minutes of dialogue? seriously?

the boat plows into the port because everyone is dead? how is everyone dead on the boat and yet the T rex is some how back inside the holding cell? and how did it get inside the cabin without smashing it to pieces?

they should have just gone "suss this t rex we caught. oh sh*t its busting free every body run...then it has a crazy rampage..maybe eats ryan leaf..whatever.

6/10

The Lost World has Julianne Moore in it. This alone is worth the hire/purchase of the DVD or the switching on of the television.

*nods*

Chook Norris

First Grade
Jurassic Park 2 -

6/10

ye the t-rex scene at the end didnt make sense at many different place

otherwise i thought it was a pretty entertaining movie; thought the CGI was brilliant for a 1990s movie.. dinosaurs were so realistic

legend

Coach
Watched Piranha the other week. Was exactly what I was expecting and now rates in my all time favourites list. Jerry O'Connell was awesome.

I was laughing from start to finish and the movie had a surprisingly good cast IMO. Some very good actors made it that much better.

Just got back from seeing "The Town". I loved it. Was like "Heat" meets "The Departed".

I watched it and was surprised it was good. Affleck isn't a great actor but he is a good director I thought it was directed well but he uses that Nolan panoramic view of the city shot to start a scene far too much in the film.

simostorm

Bench
Watched Piranha the other week. Was exactly what I was expecting and now rates in my all time favourites list. Jerry O'Connell was awesome.

I was laughing from start to finish and the movie had a surprisingly good cast IMO. Some very good actors made it that much better.

ill have to give it a watch..

I watched Lake Placid this week.. was good.. pretty funny moments too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts