What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupid Stunt

Going The Distance: It's a rom/com so the ladies will watch but the first half I thought was hilarious. Gets a little mushy in the middle but lightens up again before the end. Worth looking at for an easy watch.

Plus Drew still does it for me! :lol:

Munky

Coach
I watched Back To The Future for the first ever time on Blu Ray in the weekend.

What a great movie, only made more awesome by the Chuck Berry/Van Halen mashup.

Chook Norris

First Grade
cloverfield - decent movie to watch. Takes some time adapting to the handheld camera but i suppose it was quite effective in its usage

Eelementary

Post Whore
"The Last Excorcism"

I'm not an Eli Roth fan. He seems to think gore is scarier than tension (I prefer psychological horror to gore and guts; I like gore and all, but when the gore is the scariest part of a movie, it's all flash and no substance IMO).

Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised. Ending aside, the film was very well done - whilst there was gore, the scary/unsettling parts came about because of sheer tension.

But I am fascinated by ghosts and the supernatural and demons, so it appealed to me.

Overall, though, I'd recommend it.

Chook Norris

First Grade
"The Last Excorcism"

I'm not an Eli Roth fan. He seems to think gore is scarier than tension (I prefer psychological horror to gore and guts; I like gore and all, but when the gore is the scariest part of a movie, it's all flash and no substance IMO).

Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised. Ending aside, the film was very well done - whilst there was gore, the scary/unsettling parts came about because of sheer tension.

But I am fascinated by ghosts and the supernatural and demons, so it appealed to me.

Overall, though, I'd recommend it.

i haven't watched it yet, but every review and opinion iv'e read so far has been nothing but negative

zombie jesus

Staff member
The Reef - This was bad, the script was bad, the acting was bad, the story is nothing new.
Buried - There's only so much you can do inside a box, enjoyed it still, nice try at something different.
Skyline - Very forgettable.

Eelementary

Post Whore
i haven't watched it yet, but every review and opinion iv'e read so far has been nothing but negative

I'd say because of the ending. Without wanting to spoil it, it spends so much time trying to make you guess what's going on - and they pretty much drop the ball with the ending. It undoes all the good work.

Also, I enjoyed "Buried". Terrific film.

Red Bear

Referee
Watch Harry Brown the other day, didnt expect something that grim but pretty good film. Michael Caine owned.

Just watched Kill Bill for the first time. Pretty good movie. I would marry Uma Thurman. Ninja scene went on a bit (ie when chick calls on about 100 suits). Probably my least favourite Tarrentino film but still bloody good

Chook Norris

First Grade
District 9 - I thought it was a pretty interesting movie but i do think it let itself down a bit when it tried to be a drama, sci-fi and action film. Still a fairly solid movie but wasn't so convinced with the direction of the movie towards the end.

Ratatouille - fun and colourful animation just like most pixar movies.

Big Pete

Referee
My thoughts too TT, it seemed underdone as the audience was supposed to feel that Robert Downey's character deserved what he got and had his own issues but they never really explored that side of the story and basically hinted at his character having anger management issues.

I enjoyed the acting scene and the Two and a Half men references (can't stand the show but it explained a lot).

HP7 Part 1 was good. Very dark for a HP movie and some of the sequences were done very well. Can't wait to see the series wrap next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts