What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
The Butterfly effect - truly astounding i hadnt heard of this movie before. Absolutely loved it.. a very sad movie in the end but a great and original concept

8.3/10
This is one of my favorite movies to be honest. Some might see Ashton Kutcher and blow this one off. But IMO had one of the best endings and makes you think about life.

LESStar58

Referee
I'm about 20 mins in to Snowtown. f**k its grim! I'll never live in Adelaide, that's for sure!

Chook Norris

First Grade
This is one of my favorite movies to be honest. Some might see Ashton Kutcher and blow this one off. But IMO had one of the best endings and makes you think about life.

ye mate definitely. Was a little shocked when i saw Kutcher take place on the screen, but he played a good role. One helluva underrated movie. There are multiple alternate endings as well..

but i'm not sure if i like the theatrical ending more than the happy ending... im a sucker for a happy story :lol:

LESStar58

Referee
I'm about 20 mins in to Snowtown. f**k its grim! I'll never live in Adelaide, that's for sure!

And I'm done. f**king grim. The rape scene makes Deliverance look like a 50 Cent music video by comparison.

As brutal as it was its really how a true crime movie should be done. The likes of Underbelly (which is probably the most recent and better known attempt at the subject) glorifies the events for public consumption because everyone wants to know about it and the "gangster" life is a bit more glamorous than that of a sociopath. But from start to finish it is so suspenseful and eerie and gritty with a ton of off screen stuff (which you see the end results of later in some cases) that just makes the whole thing unpleasant yet watchable.

LESStar58

Referee
Bloodworth- a more badass backwoods version of Crazy Heart with Kris Kristoferson who Daniels was really portraying (along with Jennings, Coe, Nelson) in the first place.

Jono078

Referee
Drive - f**king awesome IMO. Brutal and Intense would be two words to sum it up.

As someone else said above, Ryan Gosling doesn't make bad movies. He is the top dog in Hollywood right now IMO.

Dragon

Coach
Machete

I have so many negative things to say i dont know where to start, so ill put it in point form

* Insulted my intelligence
* Rodriguez please kill yourself
* What a pile of shit
* Rodriguez is nothing without Tarantino
* Tried way too hard
* f*ck this movie

Drive - f**king awesome IMO. Brutal and Intense would be two words to sum it up.

As someone else said above, Ryan Gosling doesn't make bad movies. He is the top dog in Hollywood right now IMO.

Watched that last night with the gf. Fckn amazing.

Everything about it was great.

Springs

First Grade
Crazy Stupid Love - 8.5/10 One of the best movies all year in my opinion. Nice to see a film that likes the idea that true love exists, and that it can affect people of all ages. And that loving someone is more worthwhile than being a sleazy jerk. Better than all the s**tty drunk shit we get fed film after film.

Tangled - 7.5/10 A worthy addition to the great old disney movies.

Crazy Stupid Love - 8.5/10 One of the best movies all year in my opinion. Nice to see a film that likes the idea that true love exists, and that it can affect people of all ages. And that loving someone is more worthwhile than being a sleazy jerk. Better than all the s**tty drunk shit we get fed film after film.

Tangled - 7.5/10 A worthy addition to the great old disney movies.

Ryan Gosling strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts