What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Mission impossible 4: ghost protocol - out and out action flick good for a mindless watch

Tower heist - surprised me actually enjoyed it a bit

Cedar rapids - Ed helms and John c Reily, not a bad watch

What's your number - meh

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard. - funny movie about selling used cars. Jeremy Piven, Ed Helms, David Koechner, Ken Jeong (Asian guy from hangover) plus other familiar faces

carcharias

Immortal
tin tin in 3d

they wont be needing actors in the future, the CGI stuff ia scarey close to being the real thing.

spielberg does it again.
Great one for the kids with some good adult humour thrown in.
Amazing action scene's.

Chook Norris

First Grade
tin tin in 3d

they wont be needing actors in the future, the CGI stuff ia scarey close to being the real thing.

spielberg does it again.
Great one for the kids with some good adult humour thrown in.
Amazing action scene's.

hahaha love your profile pic mate

ye it was insane how close the CGI was to being real. I watched it with my parents (first time in a long time) and my dad being a not so avid movie-goer took a little into the movie to realise it was CGI :lol:

Karl

Juniors
Well I saw it in Dubai and I was the only one in the cinema. Maybe I caught it just before it got pulled.

That article is typical of the Kidman bashing that goes on.

"Her last 4 Hollywood films were box office disappointments. The last Kidman movie that made any decent money was in 2006 animated movie 'Happy Feet'

- What about the circa $230,000,000 Australia made for a tidy $100,000,000 profit?And it was a small film but Rabbit Hole received a swag of nominations and was a critical success. Kidman got raves. No mention of either.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That article is typical of the Kidman bashing that goes on.

"Her last 4 Hollywood films were box office disappointments. The last Kidman movie that made any decent money was in 2006 animated movie 'Happy Feet'

- What about the circa $230,000,000 Australia made for a tidy $100,000,000 profit?And it was a small film but Rabbit Hole received a swag of nominations and was a critical success. Kidman got raves. No mention of either.

It's theatrical numbers were quite poor, which is what the article is talking about seeing it relates to Kidman's recent movie going straight to DVD (with a limited theatrical release)

Critical success means nothing if it doesn't make money.

azzah72

Bench
I really enjoyed tintin.

It was just ... fun!

Closest thing to a quality uncharted movie you would get me thinks.

redvscotty

First Grade
chipwrecked.....poor

Took my son to see this last weekend, he loved it. I didn't think it was too bad, certainly easier to watch than the snoozefest that was Rango.

Other movies i've watched lately:

Moneyball - Fantastic, loved it, might even watch again this weekend (I rarely watch movies twice)
30 Minutes or less - Stupid, but entertaining. Indian chick was hot too.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Thought this was pretty good, probably because watching monkeys go apeshit (no pun intended) is pretty awesome.
Inbetweeners - One I've watched a couple of times, because I like the humour.

Still to watch:

Captain America
Contagion
Real Steel

I really enjoyed tintin.

It was just ... fun!

Closest thing to a quality uncharted movie you would get me thinks.

I watched it the day that it came out and it was a piece of shit. So many years of hype and in the end so many things Spielberg and co changed from the original books. Terrible effort. The ship battle scene sucked lol the pirate ship sitting on top of the Unicorn? C'mon now! Ivan Sakharine as Red Rackham's descendent hell bent on killing the Captain :lol: laughable, he isn't even the villain in the book and none of that shit happens.

Daniel Craig also sucks as Red Rackham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfzFNW5VmnM#t=5m44s

I give it a -10 for ruining a childhood favourite. They're apparently doing The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun for the next movie, my personal favourite book, so I'm sure that'll be f**ked up as well.

snoozer

Bench
haven't seen tintin yet but in the trailers his nose looks wrong - comments?

ftr - flight 714 and the shooting star were my faves.

billy2

Juniors
Watched 'The Iron Lady'
Thought it would be pretty crappy one way or the other - either a love story for Maggie or droning on about her failures - but it just touched on the politics and told the story of her life really well.
Not a super fan of Streep, but this was easily her best work. The Oscar is her's.

LESStar58

Referee
Currently rewatching Godfather III. I've always really enjoyed it even though it cops a lot of shit.

MSIH

Bench
Watched 'Devil'. By no means great, but not terrible either. Surprisingly ok.

Ides of March is the best movie I've seen recently.

natheel

Coach
Watching the new fright night. Typical remake of an old classic. It's over the top but I'm enjoying it to a point. Can tell when the 3D parts would've been put in if I watched it at the cinemas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts