What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Went to the midnight screening of The Avengers - great movie. really loved it. Scarlett Johanssons character seemed pointless but she and Hawkeye have a thing together so no wonder why she was in it.

Hulk and Thor f**king shit up together was awesome

I really hope they bring the justice league to life now that'd be amazing

Jono078

Referee
The Avengers.

Was tops IMO!

Especially if you've seen all the individual movies, just makes it all more 'cooler' I thought.

Lots of great/funny moments.

runatme

Bench
Went to the midnight screening of The Avengers - great movie. really loved it. Scarlett Johanssons character seemed pointless but she and Hawkeye have a thing together so no wonder why she was in it.

Hulk and Thor f**king shit up together was awesome

I really hope they bring the justice league to life now that'd be amazing

justice league>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>avengers

hope we see it one day

Springs

First Grade
The Avengers was great! So much better than what I thought.

Hulk was brilliant, everything he did in the climactic scene was either cool or hilarious.
Black Widow was eh, had too much screen time which could have been spent on Cap or Thor I thought.

Hopefully the new Iron Man and Thor movies don't ruin any chance of an Avengers 2.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Plan on a hung over trip to the cinemas on sat to see it.

Watched Carjacked last night. Wasn't bad for a movie i never heard of

Cliffhanger

Coach
Just watched The Beaver.

Wow, what a dark film. Still I am shocked that I hadn't heard of it before my brother recommended it. It's genius, very thought provoking.

Jono078

Referee
X-Men First Class.

Was actually pretty good I thought, best X-Men movie actually...

There was a sweet 'cameo' too, if you can call it that haha.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
yeah i had a laugh at that. Entire movie set would be completely different if he had of just said "hi" lol

PJ

First Grade
Yep, one of the great cameos.

Took the kids to Avengers yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.

Jono078

Referee
Like Crazy.

From what I've read, people are either 100% against this movie saying it's shit or that they really loved it.

I'm on the really loved it side of things.

The ending was the clincher, bit of a tragic story, but reality of love.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Finally saw Avengers last night

Loved it, laughed my ass off with the scene with hulk and Loki at the end.

Really wanted to double up with Act of Valour tonight but got a house to clean

Anyone who wants to watch a classic All-American film should see There Will Be Blood. Might be hard to find in stores but there should be at least a copy at your nearest JB-HI-FI. A really riveting film and considered the best film of the last decade.

Anyway I'm going to watch The Bourne Ultimatum for the umpteenth time. One of the best action/conspiracy film ever IMO. Puts me in the mood for the fourth one to be released later this August.

Aragorn

First Grade
The Avengers - maybe it’s a sign of old age, but I wasn’t jumping out of my seat clapping in applause like a few other people after the film. My gripe were mainly around three things

1. Thor and Loki – as demi-gods - it baffles me why they are only the size and height of humans.. I would have thought anyone with creative knowledge would have made them at least 7ft tall and give them deep voices or something to give them a presence and make them look super human - otherwise they simply look like humans wearing silly Halloween costumes?!
2. Second grip was agent Phil, he dies and suddenly everyone is in mourning and “ now its personal…” please…..
3. Three – how is it that nothing – literally nothing can destroy the hulk?? As funny as it was, it was a little ridiculous….

Other than those three things, loved the film – Scarlet Johanson was hot, but I thought the other agent chick was hotter…

Springs

First Grade
Literally nothing in the film beat any of the heroes. Things can beat the Hulk they just weren't in the film.

Phil dying wasn't about it being 'personal'. It was about how they finally put their egos away.

Aragorn

First Grade
Literally nothing in the film beat any of the heroes. Things can beat the Hulk they just weren't in the film.

Phil dying wasn't about it being 'personal'. It was about how they finally put their egos away.

What can beat the hulk? Maybe true love because it looks like nothing physically can harm him – unless it’s Kryptonite?

And I do remember Stark saying “now he’s made it personal….” when they were mourning over Phils death… I thought it was a little cheesy….

Tommax25

Bench
The Avengers - maybe it’s a sign of old age, but I wasn’t jumping out of my seat clapping in applause like a few other people after the film. My gripe were mainly around three things

1. Thor and Loki – as demi-gods - it baffles me why they are only the size and height of humans.. I would have thought anyone with creative knowledge would have made them at least 7ft tall and give them deep voices or something to give them a presence and make them look super human - otherwise they simply look like humans wearing silly Halloween costumes?!
2. Second grip was agent Phil, he dies and suddenly everyone is in mourning and “ now its personal…” please…..
3. Three – how is it that nothing – literally nothing can destroy the hulk?? As funny as it was, it was a little ridiculous….

Other than those three things, loved the film – Scarlet Johanson was hot, but I thought the other agent chick was hotter…

1) We don't know what any god looks like, so how do you know thats not how a god would look? Better question, why would you care? Are you honestly saying you would have enjoyed the movie more if they digitally added a foot of height to Thor?
2) As someone said it was about them putting their egos away and realising that he died in part because they couldn't work together. Did you see any other marvel movies? In addition, he was one of the few humans Thor had contact with, and was pretty tight with Iron Man. Didn't you notice how Pepper Potts was on first name basis with him, asking him about his familys trip up the cabin or something? They were friends. Of course he was upset and mourning. Captain America hardly moped about it, he was practical.
3) Thats just the way it is. Its a superhero movie. Hulk is one of the stronger heros in the universe from what I've gathered. If you don't have some semblence of a suspension of disbelief of course you're going to be bothered by that, but then if you are then why are you watching a fantasy movie?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts