What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Cabin in the Woods

Not a fan of horror which actually worked out in this case. You've probably all heard of it, but those who haven't, I recommend you watch it asap because all you need to know is that Joss helped write it.

I enjoyed it, felt like a movie of two halves with the final half being a riot.

Still need to go see Looper, anyone got any impressions on it yet?

Jono078

Referee
Looper was good, but didnt live up to hype imo. Very original, good cast.
This for me too.

Also I hated how JGL looked weird like they tried to make him look like Bruce Willis.

Was very slow at points but had a solid conclusion. I almost fell asleep a couple of times through it tbh, don't know if that was because I didn't get much sleep that morning though.

Mader45

Juniors
VHS - A horror movie made up of 5 different found footage stories.

Scared the gf. Thats all i was asking for.

Moffo

Referee
Looper - great start but I think it got gradually worse. The last hour was shite, horrible ending

Prometheus - yep pretty good, would watch it again

The dictator - good, not as funny as borat though

John foster (?) - weird arse movie about a guy that goes from being in a cowboy fight to fighting in the future. Easily one of the worst movies that I've ever seen, turned off after 40mins and I rarely do that

Big Pete

Referee
Finally got around to seeing Looper.

Enjoyed it, best film of 2012 for me thus far and was completely fine with the second half of it.

natheel

Coach
Went and saw savages tonight

Good movie. Walked in not expecting a great movie and came out satisfied. Drug cartel movies seem to make for good movies

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Saw Taken 2 a couple of days ago. Good. Love Liam Neeson.

The build up to the end of the movie was a bit lack luster.

Good movie. Will obtain a copy.

nqcowboy87

Bench
thats my boy was terrible, it was like if billy madison had been remade by a 12yr old kid with add

got a bunch of movies of a friend one of them that drive movie, not as good as i thought it would be the start is so slow i almost fell asleep and ryan gosling sounds like he's on mood suppressants cause he talks so little and so slow

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Anyone seen Dredd yet?? im hearing pretty good things about it...

Yeah saw this over the weekend, really enjoyed it. Judge Dredd is so much more badass than Stallone's version of the character. Good to see some bloody violence as well for once (or twice including Expendables) in a mainstream movie!!!!

Also saw Paranormal Activity 4, quite fun to watch at the movies with a theatre full of squealy teenagers (one of the few times this is OK!), but it suffers from following pretty much the same formula as the previous films, so you're already anticipating the 'setpiece' moments between all the nothing (LOOKTHEDOORISOPENING/CLOSING!!!!.... OMGLOUDNOISES!!!!.... OMGMYSTERIOUSSHADOW!!!!!... OMGINANIMATEOBJECTSMOVINGBYTHEMSELVES!!!!... OMGAPERSONISSUDDENLYTHERE!!!!)

Saw previews for Skyfall & Hobbit, which I was surprisingly nonplussed about, but the preview for Argo piqued my interest (latest directed by / starring Ben Affleck movie, based on a true story about rescue operation to get hostages out of Iran in the 70's, where they staged the making of a fake movie).

Mader45

Juniors
Saw The Campaign last night. Bleh. Ferrell is better then that.

Also saw The Amazing Spiderman.....

Shit plot. Shit acting. Shit fx. Shit score. Shit action scenes.
Didnt give a f**k if anyone lived or died. Dennis Leary was a major miscast. In fact only Martin Sheen really acted in this movie. Everyone else just turned up.

I was expecting a gritty reboot like Batman Begins. Kick Ass was far better and that was a comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts