What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Finally watched Argo. Must say it was a damn good movie. Quite an interesting story, even if it is a typical hollywood twist the truth to make the US look awesome type movie. Missed quite a lot of detail around other countries involvement in trying to rescue the embassy staff, but was entertaining nevertheless.

bileduct

Coach
Finally watched Argo. Must say it was a damn good movie. Quite an interesting story, even if it is a typical hollywood twist the truth to make the US look awesome type movie. Missed quite a lot of detail around other countries involvement in trying to rescue the embassy staff, but was entertaining nevertheless.
Yeah I saw it last night. Even though I already knew the outcome it was all still pretty tense towards the end there. Great movie.

bileduct

Coach
Just finished watching the Total Recall remake. What a load of shit.

The lense flare bullshit is getting really, really old.

natheel

Coach
watched Red Dawn actually enjoyed it. Very 'american' this is our home lets claim it back etc etc ut i enjoyed it

RedVDave

First Grade
Watched Skyfall not the best Bond film ever like most critics had claimed but it was still pretty good!

Goldeneye is probably still my favourite 007 movie.

Eelementary

Post Whore
"Skyfall" was f**king epic. Loved it from start to finish. Javier Bardem is brilliant. It's just such a good film.

redvscotty

First Grade
Looper - Loved it
Ted - Meh, just a longer, less funnier cersion of Family Guy.
Snow White and the Huntsman - Boring, and the brother had a penis haircut.
New Total Recall - Didn't mind it, wasn't fantastic though.
Dark Knight Rises - Shit yes.
Safety Not Guaranteed - Hrmm, weird movie. Watched it to the end, wasn't too bad.

PJ

First Grade
The Hobbit.

It was OK. Nowhere near the standard of the Lord of the Rings imo.

Overly long, and much of the extra stuff I felt subtracted from the story rather than add to it.

Was looking forward to the Radagast parts but found them boring and distracting. The giants part was overly silly.

Could easily have been done in one or more likely two films

Joker's Wild

Coach
Expendables 2

Silly, indulgent, over the top, cliched and unrealistic. Exactly what it was trying to be and I did enjoy it for that. Took me back to the days of watching movies like Raw Deal, Cobra, Kickboxer, Death Wish, etc as a preteen in the 80s.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Watched the perks of being a wallflower... Must say it was a much better movie than I was expecting, some pretty heavy subject matter at times, but never felt over-bearing at any given time, very well written. One of the better movies I've seen this year.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This movie: 6/10

-the-dictator-dvd|B268P_SP709_62_2ARPK.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm on a good streak with movies.

Monday watched Skyfall and really enjoyed it.
Tuesday re-watched The Shawshank Redemption and continue to love it.
Wednesday watched The Green Mile and continued to adore it.
Today I watched Looper and loved me some time travel silliness.

What to do for day #5?

Status
Not open for further replies.