What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Watches Serenity and Firefly over the last week, you can add me to the list of those who wish it was able to run it's course.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist.

I hate a lot of these indie style films but, damn, I love this one. Alongside The Wedding Singer as my fav rom-com.

Funnily enough, I watched Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (that writer/director's next movie) last night. Carrell and Knightly try, but its uneven pacing and weird tone (is it funny? is it sad? is it quirky?) just wore on me.

You'd have thought a love story set against the ticking time bomb of the world ending in three weeks would have been better.

5/10

Mader45

Juniors
At the bequest of the gf i suffered through Pitch Perfect last night. Despite Adam from Workaholics co starring theres far to much gay singing and way to many shit jokes throughout this glee @ uni style turd.

Therefore I have a feeling this will be the first of many in a dumb ass Step Up style like franchise.

LESStar58

Referee
Watching Goonies for the first time in about 10 years. Even more fun as an adult than the countless times I watched it between the ages of 7 and 10!

Mader45

Juniors
Back to the future 2.

A mate recently told us he grew up watching this movie heaps and in the scene when Marty goes back to Biffs corrupted 1985 and breaks in to the black families home the father chases him out and yells "we aint gonna be terrorized'. He said this was the most quoted line in his house growing up where his entire family would bust into a room and scream it. And so what used to be a forgettable line to me is now the funniest line in it.

Wizardman

First Grade
Over the last couple of days, I watched "Paul" and "Hangover 2". Paul was ok while Hangover 2 tried WAY too hard.

canneverwin

Juniors
Limitless was surprising good.

In the early 80's, there was a movie about astronauts faking going to the Moon but their rocket blew up during take off, they then have got to run away to avoid being killed. Does ant body remember the name of the movie ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched Les Miserables.

I've never seen such a more inept, poorly cast person in a movie ever before than Russell Crowe in this.

He takes a classic, which was being carried and portrayed magnificently by all the other cast, and he drops a large shit right in the middle of it.

Jackman carried this film most of the way, this will go down as one of his greatest acting performances.

Crowe on the other hand has just put in his shittiest performance since Master & Commander, and he will have the most over rated performance ever in a film since his role in Gladiator, where he was clearly outshone by Joaquin Phoenix.

I cheered when he was smacked in the back of the head with a baton and my ears stopped bleeding when the merkin threw himself off a bridge.

Every musical piece that involved Crowe singing with at least one other person showed even further just how shit he was at singing and acting, and it seems the producers realised this and his 'vocals' drowned out in harmonies by people who could actually sing and hold a note, instead of a long winded grunt and groan.

He started out trying to sing in a highishly pitched tone, which he never returned to for the rest of the movie. The role he had was that of the villain, and required a powerful deep and dark voice.

Not some dumb merkin with a shit beard and has the acting prowess of Adam Sandler on a bad day.

f**k you Russell Crowe you merkin!!

otherwise, the movie was great. Sacha Baron Cohen was pretty damn good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts