What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Can't really blame Russell Crowe for that. He should never have been cast in a role that required a strong singing voice.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I watched Les Miserables.

I've never seen such a more inept, poorly cast person in a movie ever before than Russell Crowe in this.

He takes a classic, which was being carried and portrayed magnificently by all the other cast, and he drops a large shit right in the middle of it.

Jackman carried this film most of the way, this will go down as one of his greatest acting performances.

Crowe on the other hand has just put in his shittiest performance since Master & Commander, and he will have the most over rated performance ever in a film since his role in Gladiator, where he was clearly outshone by Joaquin Phoenix.

I cheered when he was smacked in the back of the head with a baton and my ears stopped bleeding when the merkin threw himself off a bridge.

Every musical piece that involved Crowe singing with at least one other person showed even further just how shit he was at singing and acting, and it seems the producers realised this and his 'vocals' drowned out in harmonies by people who could actually sing and hold a note, instead of a long winded grunt and groan.

He started out trying to sing in a highishly pitched tone, which he never returned to for the rest of the movie. The role he had was that of the villain, and required a powerful deep and dark voice.

Not some dumb merkin with a shit beard and has the acting prowess of Adam Sandler on a bad day.

f**k you Russell Crowe you merkin!!

otherwise, the movie was great. Sacha Baron Cohen was pretty damn good too!

So not buying the forty odd foot of grunt/ russ le roq box set anytime soon ?

Sounds like watching The Piano

I was cheering when that merkin went over side of the boat

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not sure I can trust a post that describes the Grey as only 'ok', but Battleship as 'movie of the year' unless both statements are intended as ironic.

Rewatched Elf with some students recently. Still amusing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't really blame Russell Crowe for that. He should never have been cast in a role that required a strong singing voice.
I can blame Crowe, because the prick could have said no to the offer.

Geoffrey Rush, Alan Rickman, hell even John f**king Travolta would've been a shitload better.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
the grey. was ok.

battleship - movie of the year

total recall - original was better, but good for an action flick

Would have to be 3 of the worst movies of 2012. The grey was passable, the other two were painful to watch. I can see the directors thinking in both of them... What will make this scene better? Fake lens flare... BOOM, blockbuster.

Flapper

First Grade
Finally saw Ted last night, I really enjoyed it, great ensemble cast as well, cast to their strengths. The missus started sobbing though near the end :lol:

Looper - Really enjoyed this. For a movie that wasnt really advertised that much it was really well done. The actor that played the young Bruce Willis did exceptionally well doing Bruce Willis's facial expressions and mannerisms.

The Bourne Legacy - Enjoyed it, not as good as the other bourne movies, but entertaining.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Geoffrey Rush, Alan Rickman, hell even John f**king Travolta would've been a shitload better.

Those are the three guys you go to when looking for passable singers? Jesus, might as well through Pierce Brosnan in there :crazy:

----

Loved Looper. Really good bit of sci-fi.

Wizardman

First Grade
Looper - Really enjoyed this. For a movie that wasnt really advertised that much it was really well done. The actor that played the young Bruce Willis did exceptionally well doing Bruce Willis's facial expressions and mannerisms.

The Bourne Legacy - Enjoyed it, not as good as the other bourne movies, but entertaining.

Was Edward Norton any good or did he phone his performance in again?

Norton's career is beginning to look like Nicholas Cage's. Just not getting the right roles.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The first half of the bourne legacy was decent... Got a bit far fetched by the end, dragged on a little too.

I don't think it did the disservice to the movie franchise like many made it out to, it's a bit ridiculous that they continue to use the names from the books when even the most minute of plot points don't even have any relevance to the books anymore however.

Norton was ordinary in it though, there wasn't a whole lot of depth to any of the characters, but his was the weakest and he added nothing to the role. It was a solid action flick albeit with plenty of flaws if you can ignore it's heritage.

Big Pete

Referee
Keep an eye out for Joseph Gordon Levitt CH, he's an actor on the rise.

This Is 40.

Is a spin-off from the family in Knocked Up. I found it really indulgent and difficult to sympathise or enjoy this film. Like a lot of recent Apatow film, it tows that line between drama & comedy but really doesn't succeed in either. It's too negative and melodramatic to get a comedic flow going while the drama is mostly half-baked and not well thought out.

The film felt more like a draft then a final film. It couldn't make up it's mind whether we were supposed to dislike this couple or like and relate to them. There are just a lot of mixed signals at play and it just never quite settles into anything worth enjoying.

It's a shame because casting alone should have made it at least worth a watch but ultimately the film isn't worth the 2 hour+ run time.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Disappointed that This is 40 didn't do better. I'm a huge fan of all things Paul Rudd, but he has a habit of just choosing bad movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts