What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Saw the first man on Friday

Really good story about the human impact Armstrong’s had on his family and the emotional toll it had. Pretty much a biography on the Apollo project. Great effects and acting. I would totally recommend it.

Can’t believe my mate hated it
I'm in the same boat as your mate. Didn't like it at all really.

Smack

Coach
you guys just watching breakfast club now... it was a classic back in the day

anyway watched Red Sparrow, Game Night, Tomb Raider, Sicario 2, Ocean's 8, Mission Impossible Fallout.

I liked Red Sparrow a lot, must read the books. Tomb Raider was cool because Alicia Vikander is bae.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I'm keen to check it out. What didn't you like about it?
It was a bit dull and cumbersome for my liking, and I didn't like the big focus on his family life. I thought they could have got rid of the sappy family stuff and shown more of the reaction to him coming back to earth after the moon landing and life in the months after for him.

I felt like when ever it focused on his family life the movie got really slow and depressing (which is probably what they were going for) but it just kind of put me off.

Definitely not the worst movie I've ever seen, but not one I would race out to watch again in hindsight

nöyd

Staff member
Watched Die Hard 4.0 last night at work, and was thinking to myself about how I would rank each movie in the series from worst to best. So...

5. A Good Day to Die Hard - this was serious dross, easily up there with the worst of the worst action movies like Speed 2. Utter filth. I have no more to say because I watched it once when it opened and will never see it again.

4. Die Hard 4.0 - only rated at #4 because part 5 exists. Not great, hardly even good. Not a fan of how McClane suddenly has forgotten how to swear/curse. The "Yippie-Ki-Yay Motherf**ker" moment was even muffled over with a gunshot. WTF? Justin Long annoying, Timothy Olyphant is awesome - in just about everything else he does, why did he tarnish his legacy with this piece of shit. Uncle Bully as the head FBI agent was a bonus. Cook your own f**ken eggs.

3. Die Hard 2 - only rated at #3 because part 3 exists. Fine movie, good popcorn flick, has the original cast plus a few extras like Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, and Dickless from Ghostbusters lol

Cool to see Meat from Porkys and Robert Patrick as terrorists as well.

2. Die Hard with a Vengeance - f**ken love this movie, so many good quotes, Sam Jackson in his element, playing off Willis perfectly, Jeremy Irons outstanding, loved the Simon Says riddles, plenty of violence, f**ken swearing, gun play, villains were likable (if you know what I mean).

Zeus: Why you keep calling me Jésus? I look Puerto Rican to you?

McClane: Guy back there called you Jésus.

Zeus: He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.

McClane: Zeus?

Zeus: Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't f**k with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that?

McClane: No, I don't have a problem with that.

bahahahahaha

1. Die Hard -
* Fists with your toes.
* Shoot the glass.
* Yippie-Ki-Yay, Motherf**ker.
* Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho.
* Welcome to the party pal.
* Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. A monkey in the wrench, a pain in the ass.
* Nice suit. John Phillips. I have 2 myself.
* And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer.

And my all time favourite line -

H1OcHcB.jpg

I'm your White Knight.

thorson1987

Coach
BlackKklansman - pretty funny, especially the phone call to David Duke at the end. 7/10

Sorry To Bother You - again, pretty funny. With a few wtf moments thrown in. 7.5/10

nöyd

Staff member
Bohemian Rhapsody

Historical inaccuracies aside, and a few cringey moments, I thought it was fantastic. Rami Malek will at least get nominated for best actor, he may even win it, and deservedly so should it actually happen.

Dude that played Brian May had to actually be Brian May, it WAS him, a dead ringer. But the most mind blowing moment? That John Deacon was played by the little kid from the original Jurassic Park. :eek:

Soundtrack isn't bad either. ;)

9/10

Pugzley

The trolling went too far when he mentioned the Star Wars prequels were good.
They were better in terms of action and cinematography.
Return of the Sith ending swordfight was better than anything the OG films came up with.

vs

Plus the slaughter of the Jedi temple and the execution of Order 66 was more emotionaly hitting than Yoda’s death in Episode III