What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Game_Breaker

Coach
Aquaman

Now, Aquaman is my favourite hero, and I love Jason Momoa, so perhaps I'm biased, but...

I f**king loved this film!

Fun from start to finish.

Momoa was perfect, and he had amazing chemistry with Heard.

Wilson was good as Ocean Master.

And despite being a fun and humorous film, they didn't make Aquaman look like a comedic character.

Imo, easily DC's best film (I loved Wonser Woman, but the last 30 minutes or so really dragged on).

Aquaman is fun, visually beautiful, and a great introduction to a truly badass superhero.

I enjoyed it
There are flaws but it mostly did its job as an origin movie

I agree that Momoa is perfect for the role

I still rate Man of Steel and WW higher, but definitely one of the best DC movies post Dark Knight trilogy

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Bushwick

*huff puff* Dave beautista *deep breathe* constantly looking *huff puff* like he is *another deep breathe* desperately needs cardio and is about to have a heart attack

The Sisters Brothers .
Enjoyable western with a good story to support it
Violent in places ...but also good drama .John c Reilly is great ..

8/10

Canard

Immortal
Anyone seen the reviews for Holmes and Watson?? Ooh boy, what a shitshow.

One of those ones you can tell from the trailer that it's dogshit

axl rose

Bench
Replicas- Keanu clones his family. Really enjoyable movie but does have its flaws. This will cop a pasting though from 'professional' critics.

Canard

Immortal
Saw aquaman today. Really enjoyed, some awesome visuals in it

Good to hear. It looked CGI overload in the trailer though.

I've only watched the recent DC stuff on Netflix and couldn't stand the CGI stuff. But I do feel that it looks better on a cinema screen then a TV.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Halloween 2018. 5/10 Belongs somewhere in the middle with all the other sequels.
Watched it last night. Disappointed. What made Halloween such a classic wasn’t just relying on jump scares but there was just a constant off putting feeling throughout the entire movie and you couldn’t switch off for a few minutes while watching it.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Good to hear. It looked CGI overload in the trailer though.

I've only watched the recent DC stuff on Netflix and couldn't stand the CGI stuff. But I do feel that it looks better on a cinema screen then a TV.
Considering the setting and the plot there really isn’t much chance for practical effects so it isn’t just a case of being lazy and having an inflated budget to chuck at cgi at any given chance

Storm13

Juniors
Watched it last night. Disappointed. What made Halloween such a classic wasn’t just relying on jump scares but there was just a constant off putting feeling throughout the entire movie and you couldn’t switch off for a few minutes while watching it.
Movie was all over the place with trying to retcon Michael that they just made his motivations the same as with all the other sequels.

Laurie Strode is the worse doomsday prepper. Also Michael has a fascination with hanging his kills.

Canard

Immortal
Considering the setting and the plot there really isn’t much chance for practical effects so it isn’t just a case of being lazy and having an inflated budget to chuck at cgi at any given chance

Understood. But I found the CGI in Justice League just looked fake as shit.

Especially the parts around the worthless Russian family sub plot

axl rose

Bench
Anyone seen the reviews for Holmes and Watson?? Ooh boy, what a shitshow.

Will Ferrell usually gives it away.

Bumblebee- the best Transformers movie from the very low Michael Bay bar set

Black Mirror- Bandersnatch- 'interactive' pick your own adventure type of thing. 4 or 5 different endings that im aware of, all equally messed up.

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Understood. But I found the CGI in Justice League just looked fake as shit.

Especially the parts around the worthless Russian family sub plot
The fact that I had to really try and remember a russsin family sub plot shows how much that movie sucked

Mr Spock!

Referee
Movie was all over the place with trying to retcon Michael that they just made his motivations the same as with all the other sequels.

Laurie Strode is the worse doomsday prepper. Also Michael has a fascination with hanging his kills.
Thought I was watching a remake of halloween 2 with the servo scene....

Latest posts