What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

axl rose

Bench
Finally got around to watching Venom.

Has flaws bit a Perfectly entertaining movie with a few laughs and not much bloat.

Don't understand the savage reception it got.

That venom vs mcu Spiderman could be quite fun if that was ever able to happen.
Most recent comic book films bore me, but Venom was just great fun.

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Travel day with time at the airport so I caught up on mindless trash.

Monster Party 4/10. Great premise, poorly written and executed.

Happytime Murders. For what it is 6/10, for a movie in general 3/10. Some laughs, but should have been better.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Stumbled upon Moulin Rouge! Last night. Haven’t seen it since it first came out on DVD, better than I remember. It still feels hectic with crazy editing but the story itself is pretty good.

Dingo_dan

Juniors
Bird box.

Not into horror movies, but this was a ok, middle of the line movie for most of its time. Like its not good but it's not exactly bad and I would have given it a 5/10. But the last 20 minutes. Suresh, what a stinker. 3/10 by the end.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Aquaman. It’s a big dumb comic book superhero movie full of CGI action. Momoa does his job well, effects are impressive, but storyline is predictable af and the dialogue is super clunky. Better than average for a DC film but doesn’t match the better Marvel CU efforts. 3/5. Missed out on an extra half start for not putting any Once Were Warriors Easter eggs in the bar scene. But at least we know what Jake the Muss did in his retirement now.

Justice League

DC trying to do the Avengers, and coming off as second-rate. It’s continually amazing how DC can derp it up so much with such good material (in theory at least) to work with. Wonder Woman is hot though. 2/5

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

Classic Cohen Bros stuff set in the old west. Funny, well acted and beautifully shot. 4/5

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Finally watched Aquaman.

Loved it... he kinda reminded me of a Polynesian Black Panther... :joy::joy:

Funny seeing the Maori queues.. :joy::joy:

The Hongi between father and son... the talk about getting his Ta Moko finished... :joy::joy:

Then he just flat out speaks Maori... :joy::joy:

Loved it...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Finally watched Aquaman.

Loved it... he kinda reminded me of a Polynesian Black Panther... :joy::joy:

Funny seeing the Maori queues.. :joy::joy:

The Hongi between father and son... the talk about getting his Ta Moko finished... :joy::joy:

Then he just flat out speaks Maori... :joy::joy:

Loved it...

Haha yep all the Maori stuff that Tem probably snuck in there was cool. Though probably best not to think too hard about how a Maori bloke is working as a lighthouse keeper in Maine. But then again I’ve met a Maori couple running a servo in an aboriginal community in the outback, the bros get around ;)

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Green Book - Wasn't expecting much. It's one of those feel good storys about 2 people from different sides of the track. I felt good afterwards so it gets a nice 8/10 from me. True story helps as well. Definitely one to watch with the missus.

azzah72

Bench
I rewatched the Last Jedi.

I actually like it a lot more the second time around, interesting choices for sure that I, like a lot of people, didn't like the first time around but on second viewing, I get it and Kinda like it.

Still don't like floating Leia though.....