What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Timbo

Staff member
Apparently the original idea that Baron Cohen was attached to was more realistic and dark, but the band didn't approve.

While the movie was entertaining it was little more than a promotion piece to sell music.

Still miles in front of what Rocket Man looks like it is going to be.

The draft that Baron Cohen was attached to had Freddie dying at about the halfway mark and showing how the band continued despite the setback. Which I think he rightly pointed out that nobody really cares about.

Bohemian Rhapsody is as historically accurate for Queen as Mamma Mia is for ABBA.

Ultimately, both are vehicles to present the massive back catalogues and sell soundtracks and become entertaining sing a long filns a la Sound of Music.

As a biography of Mercury and Queen it is utter tripe.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Dragged Across Concrete. Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughan. Had heard great things abotu this. What I got was a slow drawn out 2.5hr movie. If they re-edited it down to 1.5hrs could have been great.

PJ

First Grade
House that Jack Built. Pretty gruesome serial killer movie.

I liked it but then end was silly so lost a mark there. 7/10

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
The Mule- typical Eastwood slow burn in a grump loner role. Enjoyable though Gran Torino or Old Man and the Gun were better. B-

Finally got around to watching Alita - f**king dross, was looking at my phone within 10mins. I found the girl interesting but the storyline and shit cast really put me off it. Would rather rip my scrotum off with a wrench than watch the sequel

axl rose

Bench
Finally got around to watching Alita - f**king dross, was looking at my phone within 10mins. I found the girl interesting but the storyline and shit cast really put me off it. Would rather rip my scrotum off with a wrench than watch the sequel
It bombed pretty bad, cant see a sequel getting green lit. No loss, a Disney Channel movie with a 200mil budget.

Matua

Bench
I think he will be busy making 5 Avatar movies simultaneously. If Disney don't shitcan it that is.
Cameron is too big for Disney to shitcan Avatar, plus they've already got Avatar on their advertising.

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting Cameron direct, he'll just produce again.

axl rose

Bench
Cameron is too big for Disney to shitcan Avatar, plus they've already got Avatar on their advertising.

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting Cameron direct, he'll just produce again.

Best they keep him out of the writers room, the script for Battle Angel was woeful.

To clarify, I mean the idea of making so many Avatar films. The sequel will make Disney a mountain of cash but it may wear thin after that especially when they come out every year. Look at the recent Star Wars movies, its been done to death.