What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

YoHadrian

Juniors
Twister & Independence Day out in the same year. Spolit for choice back then :smile:

DisloyalMiniatureBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

A cow is about 800kg & it's floating which is fine. Now I know the car weighs significantly more with a trailer on the back with two inside so let's call it a minimum of 2 tonne. Now if the cow is being flown around the air so easily the car should at least be starting to lift a little bit or the trailer at least wobbling a bit due it probably weighing significantly less than the cow.

Yeah, it's a movie I know, nevermind. :D

axl rose

Bench
A cow is about 800kg & it's floating which is fine. Now I know the car weighs significantly more with a trailer on the back with two inside so let's call it a minimum of 2 tonne. Now if the cow is being flown around the air so easily the car should at least be starting to lift a little bit or the trailer at least wobbling a bit due it probably weighing significantly less than the cow.

Yeah, it's a movie I know, nevermind. :D
giphy.gif

PJ

First Grade
Plane flight so some dubious choices.

Crimes of Grindlwald. As expected and fine if you are a potter fan. 6.5

Halloween 2.0. Trash. 2

Monsters and Men pretty dull. 6

The Brothers Sisters. Pretty plodding but a passable wester . 6.5

Vice. Great acting from all except Steve Carrell who took me out of the story everytime he was on. Bale was brilliant. Should have won the academy award. Cheney is a c#%t. 8.5

Springs09

Juniors
Us. What a load of shit. For most of its runtime it’s a very average horror movie full of cliches that’s neither scary nor funny with a story that makes no sense.

then the obvious been-done-a-thousand-times twist ending happens that turns the movie into complete shit. The twist is so cliche with doppelgänger movies it would have been more of a twist if it didn’t happen.

bileduct

Coach
Us. What a load of shit. For most of its runtime it’s a very average horror movie full of cliches that’s neither scary nor funny with a story that makes no sense.

then the obvious been-done-a-thousand-times twist ending happens that turns the movie into complete shit. The twist is so cliche with doppelgänger movies it would have been more of a twist if it didn’t happen.
Racist!

Zoidberg

First Grade
Bohemian Rhapsody. Interesting story with some things I didn’t know about the band (not sure how accurate things were though).
Live Aid concert gave me chills.
7.5/10

Iafeta

Referee
Bohemian Rhapsody. Interesting story with some things I didn’t know about the band (not sure how accurate things were though).
Live Aid concert gave me chills.
7.5/10

I would say it’s mostly accurate. One thing that isn’t quite true is the lead in to Live Aid. If I remember rightly they had been back together as a performing band for a couple of years and had appeared at Wembley in that time as well. I don’t believe Freddie told them he was HIV positive (or that he even knew) until after Live Aid.

Springs09

Juniors
I would say it’s mostly accurate. One thing that isn’t quite true is the lead in to Live Aid. If I remember rightly they had been back together as a performing band for a couple of years and had appeared at Wembley in that time as well. I don’t believe Freddie told them he was HIV positive (or that he even knew) until after Live Aid.

Pretty much nothing is accurate. The parts that are true are changed or simplified to the point of being untrue and about half the movie is made up bullshit. The break up, the mike Myers producer, the stuff about Jim etc

Iafeta

Referee
Pretty much nothing is accurate. The parts that are true are changed or simplified to the point of being untrue and about half the movie is made up bullshit. The break up, the mike Myers producer, the stuff about Jim etc

I think if you want to take a literal this happened then that happened view of it (and frankly most Hollywood biopics) you will be disappointed. I think it achieves what I presume it sets out to do. To recreate how awesome their Live Aid performance and the uniqueness of Freddie Mercury the personality and performer.

No doubt there is a load of inaccuracies. Like to me the timing of Live Aid, that Freddie was a stranger to Roger and Brian when I believe he was already flatting with them, that he hadn’t told
them that he had Aids prior to Live Aid, that Prentice didn’t go on TV but instead was interviewed by a tabloid paper which happened after Live Aid and not before etc.

What I was happiest about above all is it helped bring Queens music to a new audience. I think that’s a good thing. I have younger cousins and nieces that are now very interested in them.

Springs09

Juniors
I think if you want to take a literal this happened then that happened view of it (and frankly most Hollywood biopics) you will be disappointed. I think it achieves what I presume it sets out to do. To recreate how awesome their Live Aid performance and the uniqueness of Freddie Mercury the personality and performer.

No doubt there is a load of inaccuracies. Like to me the timing of Live Aid, that Freddie was a stranger to Roger and Brian when I believe he was already flatting with them, that he hadn’t told
them that he had Aids prior to Live Aid, that Prentice didn’t go on TV but instead was interviewed by a tabloid paper which happened after Live Aid and not before etc.

What I was happiest about above all is it helped bring Queens music to a new audience. I think that’s a good thing. I have younger cousins and nieces that are now very interested in them.

Well to me it’s an insult to his memory if you want to make money off his name but fabricate most of his life for entertainment. He wasn’t even diagnosed with HIV until 1987.

Their Live Aid part was great, but if that was the purpose of the movie focus it entirely on that and leave the other rubbish out of it.

Of course if you are really picky any biopic won’t be good enough. But when literally the whole movie is bullshit (apart from the live aid performance, and only the performance, not anything else about the day) its a bit too far.

For example First Man changed a few things about Armstrong that pissed me off including fabricating an emotional climax, but you can still say it’s 90% accurate. Bohemian Rhapsody is maybe 10% accurate

PJ

First Grade
Apparently the original idea that Baron Cohen was attached to was more realistic and dark, but the band didn't approve.

While the movie was entertaining it was little more than a promotion piece to sell music.

Still miles in front of what Rocket Man looks like it is going to be.

Latest posts