What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

RIPD.

Wholesale Ghostbusters / Men In Black wannabe...

But batshit crazy fun for the duration with Jeff Bridges, Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Bacon giving great service to a weakish clichéd plot/script with some good chuckles.

Dogs Of War

Coach
These Final Days. - Interesting aussie take on the end of the world. Very aussie, and found everybody in my place debating what they would do if it was happening.

The Prodigy 5/10 - Good movie until the end which just left me unsatisfied and everybody going is that it?

Spiderman - Far From Home

Took a group of kids and we all loved it start to finish.

Some pretty good action set pieces and geeky teen romance and snappy repartee.

Had to LOL at them absolutely, totally ignoring the Snap and its ramifications. Still chuckling now, but why get bogged down, eh?

I love the interpretations of MJ, Flash and Ned, thought Jake Gyllenhaal did well with Mysterio
(I didn't realise so many people didn't know he was a bad guy)
and I like the corny comedic relief of the two school teachers / tour guides. Great to see JK Simmons back too.

All in all, a couple hours of fun with a packed cinema (how rare is that these days?!) and action crash bang wallop.

Would love to see a Wolverine / Spidey film next, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Generalzod

Immortal
conan-the-destroyer-phone-wallpaper.jpg

Conan the Destroyer

These Final Days. - Interesting aussie take on the end of the world. Very aussie, and found everybody in my place debating what they would do if it was happening.

The Prodigy 5/10 - Good movie until the end which just left me unsatisfied and everybody going is that it?
These Final Hours ..mate one of the most underrated Aossie movies ever made .
As you said it gets you talking ...thinking about what you would do .When it's final ..no hope at all
Certain Death in 12 hrs .
What I loved about it was.....no Hollywood yanks save the day ending ....live happily ever after in a new world crap that they tend to do .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Shakespeare in love. 1st time seeing this and now I’m even more annoyed this beat Saving Pvt Ryan for best picture Oscar. This isn’t a bad movie, just a love story in a different time setting. Not much to it. Can’t really think of a stand out...anything.

PJ

First Grade
More planes so more meh style movies

Hellboy. Nowhere near as bad as expected. Wasn't too bad, certainly far worse comic book films out there that are well regarded. 6.5

Hate You Give. Interesting movie about race relations primarily. Some characters were almost charicatures but pretty good. 7.5

The Man Who Killed Hitler then Big Foot. Was expecting possibly action/adventure with a bit of comedy. Not sure that it knows what it is, but primarily it is a love story, and not a good one. 4

The Kid. Hawke who plays Pat Garret and the guy who plays Billy the Kid were both really good. Film over all was a good western, but quite slow pacing. 7.5 if you like westerns.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Spider-Man far from home, first act was quite slow and some of the comedy just didn’t land for me, the second and third acts up picked up quite a deal and Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent as Mysterio plus a couple of great end of credit scenes.

A solid 7/10

Mandy - What the actual f**k??? It was totally batshit crazy, but for some reason I had to keep watching till the end.

6/10

Springs09

Juniors
I watched Mandy the other day too.

Loved how insane it was. Plot was nothing special but the visuals and music made it stand out a bit from other revenge films. Clear influences from Suspiria and Hellraiser. Good to see something different.

I watched Hereditary with Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne.

Pretty good. 3.5 / 5.

Interesting enough story.

My Friend Dahmer

True story based on Jeffrey Dahmer in high school.

Pretty slow and boring.

1 / 5

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Shakespeare in love. 1st time seeing this and now I’m even more annoyed this beat Saving Pvt Ryan for best picture Oscar. This isn’t a bad movie, just a love story in a different time setting. Not much to it. Can’t really think of a stand out...anything.

More annoying was Gwynth Paltrow beating Cate Blanchett for Elizabeth in the best actress Oscar category.

Latest posts