What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

kit66

Bench
Prey.
Watched it twice in two days, best in the series after the Arni original. Excellent 8/10. Lot of crap being written about it on social media, ignore it and make up your own mind. It's bloody good fun.

Top Gun: Maverick.
I wasn't really a fan of the first movie or Cruise at the time but I've since become a bit of a Cruise fan, he's done some great action and sci-fi movies and roles since. I liked this movie even considering it's gung ho jingoism deluxe with an improbable storyline, still it's well executed, well acted and the characters turned out to be a lot more likeable than I would have expected. 7/10

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Day Shift. 6 and that is being generous

Many Saints of Newark. 6.5 unnecessary and didn't add to the Sopranos story. Didn't really seem to go anywhere and was unengaging.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
watched prey again and thought it was excellent. even before the first time i watched it i knew it would be coping uncalled for crap from neckbeards all over the world because it is part of a large franchise and the leading role is a female.

Fall - not bad, took the template from 47m down and made a few tweeks to it to make it a few thousand feet up. If you get heavy vertigo be prepared.

Beast - Not bad for an animal movie, has one trait that annoys the crap out of me in these type of movies whether it is being hunted or disaster type. The children completely ignoring instructions given to them. idris elba tells them 4/5 times to stay in the jeep throughout and each time they do the opposite something happens. The ultimate for that that will be a struggle to beat was dakota fannings character in war of the worlds that by halfway i was hoping to get eaten by the aliens.

Nope - .......swing and a miss.

Matua

Bench
Prey.
Watched it twice in two days, best in the series after the Arni original. Excellent 8/10. Lot of crap being written about it on social media, ignore it and make up your own mind. It's bloody good fun.
Oh bummer, I thought it had managed to avoid the usual crap from the grifting manbabies.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Close Encounters Of the Third Kind.

Flicked through the long list of movies on the Qantas flight to Darwin and put on Close Encounters just to check out the opening scenes before finding something else to watch, before i knew it i was well in the movie and hooked, totally enjoyed it again, i love the rapport between Richard Dreyfuss and Melinda Dillon's characters. One of Spielberg's best.

Wizardman

First Grade
Close Encounters Of the Third Kind.

Flicked through the long list of movies on the Qantas flight to Darwin and put on Close Encounters just to check out the opening scenes before finding something else to watch, before i knew it i was well in the movie and hooked, totally enjoyed it again, i love the rapport between Richard Dreyfuss and Melinda Dillon's characters. One of Spielberg's best.
One movie that I've simply not caught up with for some unknown reason. I need to catch up with it as Spielberg rarely disappoints.

Wizardman

First Grade
I watched "The Notebook" last night. I am

(a) a hetrosexual man
(b) not trying to impress a female by watching it

yet CHOSE to watch this movie. I gotta say that I really enjoyed it too. Very simple but emotional movie. 4 out of 5 for me.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal

(a) a hetrosexual man

yet CHOSE to watch this movie. I gotta say that I really enjoyed it too. Very simple but emotional movie. 4 out of 5 for me.
i'm not angry....just disappointed

mongoose

Coach
Bullet Train - its basically a Guy Ritchie movie but even more obnoxious. I guess I enjoyed it.

The Northman - not what I expected... When I saw it was made by the same guy who made The VVitch i was like "ah". Had that folk horror element to it.

Matua

Bench

(a) a hetrosexual man

It had a young Rachel McAdams in it so that's all the justification you need. I've watched some terrible movies because the lead actress in it was hot.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So I have this thing, called a son-in-law, yeah, it happens with a pretty daughter, anyways I am telling him musicals suck dogs balls, eventually I concede and admit I know one I like, The Blues Brothers, I just watched again.

Ray Charles is the coolest dude ever created on this earth.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rewatched Animal Kingdom after the tv series finished. Had forgotten just how dark it was. Ben Mendelshons Pope is straight up one of the scariest characters in cinema history, a complete psychopath, unlike the TV one who ended up being the most likable on the show. Brilliant and disturbing.

Wizardman

First Grade
I just finished "The Paper Tigers". Probably the first movie I've ever seen that captured that "Cobra Kai" type vibe. I thought I'd hate it but I really enjoyed it. Give it a miss if you're not into martial arts type themes....absolutely give it a go if it is up your alley.

RedVDave

First Grade
Watched the firestarter remake was it better than the original? Possibly. Was it still really bad? Yes, yes it was.

Wizardman

First Grade
Coming 2 America.....f**king hell, this was bad. I LOVED the first movie. This movie was terrible and deserved every bad review it got. How in hell did Eddie rope in such a great cast for such a crap movie? The saddest thing about the movie was Eddie himself....he seems a different person to the bloke that hit superstardom in the 80s. He is now.......unfunny. Hard to believe but true. I lasted only an hour before I turned it off. Worst A list movie I've seen this year.

0 out of 5.

Latest posts