What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

mongoose

Coach
Top Gun: Maverick - textbook example of how to make a sequel to an old film. Really enjoyed it and they nailed all the emotional stuff.

Thor: Love and Thunder - This was such a let down compared to Ragnarok. Just didn't find it funny at all - weak story despite Bale doing a good villain. Taika jumped the shark on this one.

Just watching Natural Born Killers. What a steaming heap of shit.

Looks like mishmash of Y grade music videos and Z grade American documentaries.

Still watching to see if it gets worse.... if it can.

Wizardman

First Grade
"The Good Liar". I watched this movie on Tuesday night and it still has made such a strong impression on me.

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! The two lead actors (Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren) really grabbed me with their performances and did not let go. The tension of the story was palpable.

My second favourite movie I've seen this year behind "Top Gun 2". Fantastic film!

Zoidberg

First Grade
Uncharted. I thought it was an enjoyable enough movie but the characters feel so different to the game. Just make the same film without attaching it to the games and it would be looked on much better.

Generalzod

Immortal
Just watching Natural Born Killers. What a steaming heap of shit.

Looks like mishmash of Y grade music videos and Z grade American documentaries.

Still watching to see if it gets worse.... if it can.
You didn't like Natural Born Killers one of my favourite Oliver Stone films, It was a satirical film about crime in America and how the media reports it..........

PJ

First Grade
Thor, Love and Thunder. 3. Best thing was I didn't waste money on it.

End was just terrible and didn't suit Bales character but so very Disney.

Don't think there was 1 laugh from the 3 of us, even though it was desperately trying for them

Nope
a slightly different take on a UFO story.
a bit too long & boring in parts...could cut some 20-30 mins out & wouldn’t make any difference to story .
still watchable but not something you’d watch again
6.5/10

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thor love or something, I think my sides split and my guts are on the floor.

That kiwi director is a genius

Contact with Jodie Foster last night. I missed the first ten minutes I found it quite thought provoking.

Went well for the majority but it got a bit muddy towards the end.

A generous 7/10.

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Plane trip so caught up on some movies

Drive My Car. 8 Bit of a slog at near 3 hours, and really not much happens, but some great characters. Certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it

Jurassic World Dominion. 6. Pretty much more of the same.

RRR (on Netflix) 9 Again not everyone's cup of tea but I loved it. Indian movie with over the top action, and odd musical outbreak.

Wizardman

First Grade
Oceans 8: My f**k.....The ONLY reason why I watched this was I got it as part of a cheap bundle of dvds I bought second hand. It IS as shit as what it sounds....Im just NEVER convinced that these women are who they are acting out to be...pro jewel thieves. I turned it off after an hour. 0 out of 5.

You, Me and Dupree: It was probably better than I expected it to be. The movie has awesome casting. Owen Wilson is a genuinely funny man, Kate Hudson is good as well as smoking hot, Michael Douglas rarely appears in shit and is always a presence and Matt Dillon....an actor whose movies I don't actively seek, but gee I love him in everything he does. One of the more underrated actors in Hollywood. I enjoyed this. 3 out of 5.

horrie hastings

First Grade
"The Good Liar". I watched this movie on Tuesday night and it still has made such a strong impression on me.

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! The two lead actors (Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren) really grabbed me with their performances and did not let go. The tension of the story was palpable.

My second favourite movie I've seen this year behind "Top Gun 2". Fantastic film!

Will have to watch this as anything with the two principal actors in it together has to be good. Also Russell Tovey in the cast is an added bonus.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You didn't like Natural Born Killers one of my favourite Oliver Stone films, It was a satirical film about crime in America and how the media reports it..........
I hated it as well. I remember that media show that used to be on channel 9 that it was based on. Front page or something. But overall the movie has no redeeming features. Worst tarintino story.

Latest posts