What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

kit66

Bench
ok full disclosure, my best mate made this film and I was involved in developing the script (and am in the credits!). But I only recently got to actually see it when it premiered in Australia (it’s been out in NZ for a while) and honestly really enjoyed it. If you like offbeat dark comedy stuff, give it a go, you can rent it for less than the price of a beer these days:

With the price barbers charge these days, the whole meat pie/butcher shop scenario is redundant. :)

Congrats on the movie, I'll have a look, happy to support art and filmmaking.

PJ

First Grade
Zone of Interest. 8. Not going to be everyone's cup of tea, as it is a bit slow, but I found it interesting.

Different take on the concentration camp movie, focussed on the Auschwitz camp commander and his family.

In A Violent Nature.
Enjoyed this as it’s very 80s like horror/slasher movie.
Plenty of holes in the plot but the gory special effects are brilliant .
If paying homage to the multitude of 80s movies is what they intended when making this ( as bad as some of them were) they nailed it & the end was left open to make another.

7.5/10

Wizardman

First Grade
MaXXXine.

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time.....yet funny enough, Im still yet to see the prequel in "Pearl".
I enjoyed this movie. It took things a couple of turns that I didn't expect....but I appreciated the uniqueness of the movie.

That said, it did not pack the stings that "X" did. Mia Goth is certainly a talent though.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Most of the reports I've seen about this movie from people as well as reviewers have been positive. After seeing the sequel from Coming to America, Im certainly not expecting too much.

Yeah, definitely not as bad as the coming to America sequel
Axel F is a very 80s type of movie but just set in 2024. So it’s very predictable but that’s ok
It’s an easy watch, nothing special. They actually surprised me with the action sequences, I thought they were good
They overplayed the Axel F theme throughout the film, but I don’t mind it.

Reactions: PJ
Axel F wasn’t bad but it was a bit flat. Needed a couple more laughs, and the old mates to meet in a titty bar and not still be in the force, with newer people to ‘dislike’ as antagonists. Still, wasn’t a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

Watched EXTRACTION 1&2. Hemsworth always likeable. Reminded me of 80s MISSING IN ACTION / DELTA FORCE flicks. Did what you’d expect with plot holes, bad targeting, violence and plenty of bangs and bullets.

THE DRY. Excellent in every way. A classic Australian slow burner with sumptuous cinematography. Eric Bana is fantastic. DRY 2 not as good but still an excellent slow burner. There needs to be more decent Aussie cinema like this again.

VAMPIRES IN THE BRONX. A really cool little teen vampire movie. With a few extra bucks and tightening up would probably become a true cult classic.

Matua

Bench
Yeah, definitely not as bad as the coming to America sequel
Axel F is a very 80s type of movie but just set in 2024. So it’s very predictable but that’s ok
It’s an easy watch, nothing special. They actually surprised me with the action sequences, I thought they were good
They overplayed the Axel F theme throughout the film, but I don’t mind it.
I watched the new one, then rewatched the old one - if you thought they overplayed the theme in the new one then you'll get a shock rewatching the old one, the soundtrack/score made parts of it almost unwatchable.

mongoose

Coach
Deadpool and Wolverine or whatever its called. Hilarious as expected - good to see Jackman back as Wolverine, he plays him so well.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Put on one of the old Hollywood classics from the Golden era
The Adventure of Robin Hood, Some cornball moments but what a classic cast. Errol Flynn and Olivia De Havilland had the perfect chemistry together as Robin Hood and Maid Marion, Basil Rathbone as the evil Guy of Gisbourne and the great Claude Raines playing the sly and also evil Prince John, also a great ensemble cast of Eugene Pallette, Alan Hale, Patrick Knowles, Una O Connor and also Ian Hunter as King Richard.
They don't make movies like this anymore.

Reactions: PJ

Latest posts