What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

MRN

Bench
Speak No Evil, western remake. 8/10.

Speak No Evil on SBS. Danish original. 5.5/10

Rare case where the western remake is superior. Largely due to how good McEvoy was but also the fleshed out the story a lot and added some humour.

Some parts are near word for word re enectment but there are plenty of differences up until act3, then they are very different films.

If I'd seen the original first I wouldn't have watched the remake.
Yep. Thought the remake was great. Haven't watched the original but am interested to do so.
While a co-worker has seen the original and even though I have praised the remake, feels there is no need to see it.

PJ

First Grade
Yep. Thought the remake was great. Haven't watched the original but am interested to do so.
While a co-worker has seen the original and even though I have praised the remake, feels there is no need to see it.
Honestly I wouldn't bother with the original.

Your work mate is sadly missing out

kit66

Bench
Seven Samurai 1954
Saw this on the big screen in Brisbane a few days ago, really a special treat, showing the great talents of Director Akira Kurosawa and the two leads Toshiro Mifune and Takashi Shimura. Slightly over 3 hours long but no-one in the audience seemed to care at all, everyone sat quietly in awe of this masterpiece. The theatre kindly gave us a 15 minute interval around halfway - my 64 year old bladder appreciated that. So many memorable scenes in this movie not least of which is the battle scenes at the end, just amazing to watch, they leave any remakes for dead. I enjoyed the 1960 version "The Magnificent Seven", a worthy copy but nothing beats the original.
10/10

Wizardman

First Grade
Seven Samurai 1954
Saw this on the big screen in Brisbane a few days ago, really a special treat, showing the great talents of Director Akira Kurosawa and the two leads Toshiro Mifune and Takashi Shimura. Slightly over 3 hours long but no-one in the audience seemed to care at all, everyone sat quietly in awe of this masterpiece. The theatre kindly gave us a 15 minute interval around halfway - my 64 year old bladder appreciated that. So many memorable scenes in this movie not least of which is the battle scenes at the end, just amazing to watch, they leave any remakes for dead. I enjoyed the 1960 version "The Magnificent Seven", a worthy copy but nothing beats the original.
10/10
I was soooooo tempted to see this on the big screen but unfortunately, I had a place to be during its running time. I'll check around for this coming weekend.

PJ

First Grade
The Substance. 7, was probably going to be an 8 but the last 5 mins dropped it right down.

Probably only for horror fans, it has plenty of body horror.

Some seriously good perv value though.

Latest posts