What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

vvvrulz

Coach
John Wick

The man you send to kill the booyeman!

Reeves was probaby not the best cast for the role though. I think someone like a Denzel Washington would have killed it.

Keanu nailed it esp given that he did most of his own stunts.
Someone like Jason Statham would have fit as well.

Denzel is more dialogue and character driven, physically he wouldn't pull this off.

vvvrulz

Coach
Inglorious Basters - This one disappointed me. Apart from the awesome first scene (which is one of the greatest Tarantino scenes of all time), I thought it was average.

Pitt nearly ruined it by going stupidly over the top, but really enjoyed it otherwise.
What didn't you like?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Keanu nailed it esp given that he did most of his own stunts.
Someone like Jason Statham would have fit as well.

Denzel is more dialogue and character driven, physically he wouldn't pull this off.

You should see "The Equalizer". Drnxel could have pulled off John Wick imo.

Having said that - Keanu was awesome.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sin City - A dame to kill for

Not a bad little film but not a patch on the first, always good to see Eva Greens boobies. And good to see Marv return from the dead.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
'71

very good film, about the IRA and a british soldier left stranded over-night in the streets of northern ireland.

One to watch if you get the chance.

Watched it a few weeks ago. Great movie.

It was in your face all the way...none of this Hollywood sugarcoating of violence.

9/10

Aragorn

First Grade
Black fish.

Interest doc on the killer whales at sea world.

I'm sure there's two sides to every story, pity we only saw one. I saw a few clips on YouTube where these whales are baiting seaguls by regurgitating fish and then trying to catch them.. There's one where they caught and tore apart a pelican during a show, literally ripped the bird to shreds. Makes me think of they can do that to living creatures , which is a natural instinct for them, no reason why they wouldn't try it on a trainer. f**ked up world we live in going to watch these highly intelligent creatures locked and performing tricks for our entertainment.

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yeah, saw that Poltergeist remake a couple of weeks ago. Makes me glad I didn't go see it at the cinema. Not the worst movie, but certainly disappointing and pales in comparison to the original (note, haven't seen the original for over 10 years so whether it still holds up I'm not sure, I'll let my nostalgic side believe it does).

As for movies that most certainly still hold up, I saw Kickboxer again the other night when it was on TV. Still bloody awesome (in that super-cheesy kinda way), that classic drunken dance-fight scene is still a crackup, as are some of the stupid lines ("one day that dog will believe in me").
Will be interesting to see how the remake that's in production turns out, just won't be the same without the layer of 80s washing over everything I think.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Also, watched "The Intouchables" last night, I'd only heard previously that it was a "heart-warmer" (which normally translates to me as "meh"), but it really was a fun film.

Classic buddy-film kinda premise where two people from opposite sides of the social spectrum (older rich paralysed guy, younger poor wrong-side-of-the-tracks guy) find themselves entwined in a situation and learn about themselves and life from each other. But it's quite funny and, yes, heart warming.

Plus there's a smoking hot red head French chick who will be "haunting" my dreams this week I'm sure... ;-)

So yeah, if you can handle subtitle films then recommend it.

Aragorn

First Grade
HellBoy.

"No, its not an ape"

pretty good brainless entertainment.

Felon - starring Chris Rocks doppelganger and Val Kilmer. About a guy charged with manslaughter and doing time behind bars with a crazy prison ward. It was ok, ending went a little too fast for my liking and would have preferred more bad ass fighting by Kilmer.

vvvrulz

Coach
Felon - starring Chris Rocks doppelganger and Val Kilmer. About a guy charged with manslaughter and doing time behind bars with a crazy prison ward. It was ok, ending went a little too fast for my liking and would have preferred more bad ass fighting by Kilmer.

This has been on my list for ages, was it before Kilmer bloated out like crazy?
Now there's an actor who never realized his potential

vvvrulz

Coach
Rounding off the Tarantino list:

Pulp Fiction - 8/10. The brilliant dialogue & characters make this show. I do wish the plot had something more going for it, of which there's pretty much none. But I guess that's the whole point.

Reservoir Dogs - 9/10. Basically Pink/White/Blonde/Orange yelling at each other for 99 minutes, and it's just awesome.

True Romance - 10/10. The best of all the Tarantino works for me, Tony Scott's direction complimented the script perfectly and it's close to the best cast ever assembled.

I didn't count Natural Born Killers in all of this, which I found awful and apparently is a complete departure from the original script anyway.

some11

Referee
Watching "Last Action Hero".

I love this movie.

There's been a bunch of articles written about why it bombed, it's a shame cause it's one of the most self-aware action movies ever made.

It only needed a few tweaks for it to be a classic, it's definitely one of Arnie's best though.

Latest posts