What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney? #2

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eels Dude

Coach
Wasn't it Delboy who said "long term posters" no longer come here because the forum has turned to s**t apparently.

Parraren

Bench
Just look at the Dogs.

Same roster virtually as last year and have improved out of sight under Hasler who's barely had a full pre season to get their sh!t together.

Do the dogs have a better roster than us? Keating, Turner, Jono Wright, Goodwin....

There's your answer.

spiderdan

Bench
Still reckon we wait until sept.

If we make the 8 or there are clear signs we are on the way up, then start talks about extending. If we are still shit then give 6-8 weeks in 2013 to turn things around.

I am still hopeful that sk can do for us what John Lang did at penrith in 03 or thingy (can't recall his name right now, longmire?) did for the weagles in afl in 2011.

Last edited:

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
IMO Kearney should be given till the end of the year. Come October the board must perform a review over the past season and take it from there.

If at the end of the season we see no improvement to what we see now, then I expect for him to be shown the door.

However if we improve and we finish no less then 12th I would be happy to see Kearney go around another year.

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't think much has been said about Kearney dropping Lasalo. Wasn't this what everybody wanted? Lasalo was fit, because he warmed up as 18th man on Sunday.

Suity

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Yes 12th would be a stellar season. Yah go parra.

I'm not saying finishing 12th would be a great season, but it's an improvement from last year and with what I have seen so far I would be surprised if we finished any higher then 15th.

Fact is pissing Kearney off now is not going to fix anything, the only coach we will attract is those desperate to get a gig in first grade. No established coach would want to come here no matter how much money we throw at them.

The club needs stability, we can't afford to be chopping and changing coach's, players, staff and so on every 5 months.

I still think you need to go.

My opinion hasn't changed HJ.
Middle of next year/season is Judgement Day. Winter solstice.

Suity

Let me ask you a question. If come that the next Winter Solstice we are still struggling (gods be merciful) what will we have gained apart from a warm fuzzy feeling we gave a rookie every chance and the possibility that Wenty might be going well due to the academy structure?

We will have given the coach a full measure of a chance, and that might mean we have kept some "stability" at the club.

If the only reason for keeping him is stability, due to the fact we will be losing 28% of our roster who have 48% of NRL experience. But if we are still under performing, what will be the cost of that stability?

ParraAds

Juniors
I don't think much has been said about Kearney dropping Lasalo. Wasn't this what everybody wanted? Lasalo was fit, because he warmed up as 18th man on Sunday.

Suity

Yes it was good of Kearney to finally do what everyone else had known to be obvious for several weeks leading up to it.

I would love to vote, but there is no option to keep him on for the rest of the year and go appoint another coach for next year. Give the other coach the full powers of retention and after Mad Monday give Kearney a big cheque and a hearty handshake and wish him all the best.

Gronk

Staff member
I would love to vote, but there is no option to keep him on for the rest of the year and go appoint another coach for next year. Give the other coach the full powers of retention and after Mad Monday give Kearney a big cheque and a hearty handshake and wish him all the best.
Only if he had adhered to his KPI's.

born an eel

Bench
I don't know if there are many experienced coaches running around without a gig for next year. We will need an experienced coach who can have enough respect from the board to be able to tell them to piss off when required.

It may take 18 months to find a suitable candidate that will take us on.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
What if Kearney turns it around and by the end of the year we finish outside the 8, do we still punt him and find a replacement?

Latest posts