What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney? #2

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im gonna wait for the "what should we do with kearney? #5" instalment before I cast my vote

Kornstar

Coach
He get's his last year next year to dig himself out of the hole.

I guess one more year of potential failure is gonna happen whether i want it or not!

I aint going anywhere so let the board ride their decision and i just hope they have made the right choice.......i am far from convinced though!

boxhead

First Grade
Honest opinion from me.
Anderson should not have been sacked in the first place. The board wants to stick by a coach but using that mentality why didn't they stick with Anderson? Did they really believe an unproven rookie coach would do a better job?

I can understand the long-term plan thinking but it's quickly devolving into a matter of "when" rather than "if" in regards to Kearney's removal.
I have been one of Kearney's most ardent supporters, and I will stick by the philosophy that sacking a coach mid-tenure or mid-season would be a waste.
I still must wonder what happened to our competitive nature from last season....there's no doubt we have much more ability in our team now, but few of them seem to want to play for each other.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
I still must wonder what happened to our competitive nature from last season....there's no doubt we have much more ability in our team now, but few of them seem to want to play for each other.

We don't know whether they want to play for the coach either. The players deserve criticism for not putting in, but if they have no faith in their coach that's definitely to affect their drive, motivation and performances. We don't know if that's the case, but if it is then how do you keep SK on? Last year the Broncos sacked Ivan Henjak a week or two before the season due to player disgruntlement. They haven't really looked back since.

boxhead

First Grade
Agreed, that too.
I think a lot of the rumours flying around about player unrest - specifically the gap between the young'ns and older players, Hindy doesn't talk to Kearney, the anti-polynesian movement, etc - are bullplop but there's definitely something wrong in the dressing room at the moment that is affecting them.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
SK3.jpg

Hindyscrack

Bench
You guys should never have gotten ridden of Anderson imo. Hagan yes, Kearny yes, but Anderson imo was a rash decision.

Fact, it’s all been downhill since some turkeys pulled Ando's contract. A rash decision made on political lines, stupidity.

2011 we played the most boring football I have ever seen. How can a first grade coach be so rigid to play a structure that does not fit with the playing group at his disposal is insane. He’s one trick pony who has ridden some other coaches coat-tails to success in the past with great squads. Even those without a great education in the game could tell that the 2011 style of football would never work for the Eels.

Who evers decision it was to sign Sandow on a massive overs contract out of sheer desperation for a half should be sacked. An ad lib half who has never played consistent footy and doesn’t have the leadership skills to stand up when it counts.

Lifeline Eels fan who has pretty much given up on my team during a season for the first time in 30 years. Although living in the UK and incredibly busy with work etc, I haven't even bothered to turn on the NRL due to a serious lack of faith in the Eels. I’ve even stopped reading/posting here and the smh sport section is getting less hits by the day. Season 2012 is over and there is a lot of work to be done at the club before we will see good times return.

Sorry for all the doom and gloom, but there are players and members of the club who deserve better.

Tooooks

Bench
Top 8 is no longer realistic? People told me the same thing midway through 2009, but I shouldn't have to tell you what happened that year.

#AlwaysKeepTheFaith

Do you think top 8 is a realistic goal for this year? Of course it's possible, but it's not realistic.

We had good defensive centres in 2009, a better pack, a better bench, and a better coach.

Do you think top 8 is a realistic goal for this year? Of course it's possible, but it's not realistic.

We had good defensive centres in 2009, a better pack, a better bench, and a better coach.

how do you think kearney would have fared in round 1 of the 2009 semis returning to face the dragons at kogarah in a sudden death final a week after they rolled us by 30

Last edited: