What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney? #2

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelementary

Post Whore
so you also can't tell who the better player is between Blair and Hayne?

What exactly has Daniel Anderson done in the NRL to warrant being compared to The Great One? Made a few Grand Finals?

Anderson won titles in the ESL and made a couple of Grand Finals here. I wouldn't call him a super coach based on his NRL record.

mickdo

Coach
Whether he had help or not, Kearney did coach NZ's first world cup winning side, and then the 4 nations

Bigfella

Coach
The point I am making is that Daniel Anderson is not our coach.

Steve Kearney is.

I support our club so I support our coach, not deathride him into the ground at the expense of the club because I have a hard on for: the previous coach; the previous CEO; the previous Chairman.

In a separate thread the other day I pointed out that most of the people bagging Kearney relentlessly were doing so because they had an axe to grind about Luke Burt being dropped; Anderson being sacked; Fitzy being ousted etc.

Many of them vigorously denied it. Most of them have now posted in this thread wailing about Anderson and / or Burt.

These people use disingenuous arguments like:

"I didn't care last year when we were getting close but now its the WAY we are being beaten". This is intellectually dishonest because (a) when we were being beaten closely last year they WERE calling for his head; and (b) in the last 3 weeks since Hayne returned we have won one and lost two close ones yet their calls to sack him have magnified;

"Kearney has the team he wants because he resigned x players" - this is massively overstated. That's like saying when you are playing poker and end up with a pair of nines and the rest shit, that you got what you asked for because you kept the nines after the first hand. Kearney had to work with a squad that was overbalanced in its payments to Hindmarsh and Hayne; had abandoned its strength in three quarters abysmally such that its outside backs were disastrously weak; had invested for many years in keating at hooker and no other top shelf hookers were on the market (one having been released by this club); and was disastrously weak in the halves such that he had to make a splash in the player market, possibly pay overs for the best available 7 and also invest in a brand nmew half. He had to build a squad out of what had been left before - a disastrous recruitment and retention policy; ignoring outside backs; no halbes and a weak hooker; plus a mentally soft culture. He has inherited a vast amount.

"His record is worse than Hagan and Anderson so he must be a far worse coach". The joint stinks and has done for a long time. Some of the problems we have now have been endemic for a long time and some of what is being reaped now was sown long before himSee above. He is acually implementing a regime to address the weakness of the outside backs; the soft mental culture; the lack of halves; the loss of our best juniors; the lack of blooding our more talented juniors.

Anyway, the short point is that I don;t give a f**k about the people who went before. I want to support the team and the club not put shit on people who are trying their best, here and now, to fix it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
he deserves it, not his fault the team is playing like shit, i mean he's not on the field making all the mistakes! god only so much a coach can do!

And besides, he has an academy!

Re-sign him now!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
hahahaha truem claibourne is f**king sick, that was an aweesome move, i rate claibourne the 3rd best player in the draft too.

Agent Mulder

Bench
hahahaha truem claibourne is f**king sick, that was an aweesome move, i rate claibourne the 3rd best player in the draft too.

Hope so dude, I wasn't looking forward to Manning ripping us up again this year.
Couldnt believe it when i saw it, Maybe finally Jerry is listening to us fans.

Pazza

First Grade
SK has no idea what he is doing! What ever be is doing is just copying what Bellamy and Bennett do but he seems to have no ideas of his own.

Latest posts