What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Team should I support

Winston

Juniors
I am new here and know little about your game but have decided to adopt a team in every sport I find out about.

WHat team should I support and why?

Winston

Juniors
I do not live in Australia but want to adopt a team as I like sports from around the world, I was born in Atlanta but have spent many years in different parts of the world living and working. I am now in regional NSW for a little while before moving on to my next job in Boston.

If you're a bludger who refuses to work, have grand children before you are 30 and you have less than 11 teeth then Souffs are you team. If not then just draw a team out of a hat.

renouf

Juniors
I am new here and know little about your game but have decided to adopt a team in every sport I find out about.

Best advice I can give is watch the game for a few months, or a season and then decide who you want to follow. Of course that may not be feasible if your in the states.

No matter who you support it's one of the most frustrating and cruel sports in the world.

krudmonk

Juniors
watch several games from all teams and see which one sticks with you (it will probably be several). also, read this forum more and see the supporters with whom you'd not like to associate.

age.s

First Grade
What part of NSW are you in? I would recommend trying to get out to the nearest team and checking out a game or two live if that's feasible. You can't beat the live experience :)

If you can't make it then just follow the Panthers obviously.

adamkungl

Immortal
Watch a few games in the upcoming finals series. Pick the team that inspires you with some performances. Personally I find that an underdog team that puts in a huge effort usualy attracts my attention.

Alternatively, read about the histories of various clubs.

Dont listen to any of the previous dribblers.

You want to know what team to support , then dont look past the mighty Canberra Raiders.
They have the best young players coming through into the top grade. They have one of the biggest and best forward packs.
Exciting times ahead.
Do yourself a favour and watch them today taking on and beating the competition leaders.

You can have Newtown as your 2nd team

Cletus

First Grade
Cronulla. You'll save a stack of money on grand final tickets and after following them for a couple of years nothing else will dissapoint you anymore.

rabbitohs

Juniors
I suppose a weak comparison to some american sports teams could help.

South Sydney Rabbitohs - are like the Cubs and Bears - big history but don't win much these days.

St. George-Illawara Dragons - like the Celtics, dynasty eras and always there or thereabouts.

Melbourne Storm - Miami Heat - buy their way to victory.

Cronulla Sharks - Jacksonville Jaguars - won nothing, few fans and surrounded by bigger clubs

Brisbane Broncos - New York Yankees - very succesful but bland brand.

Wests Tigers - Houston Texans - neither here nor there as a club being newish but likely future successes.

Parramatta Eels - Red Sox - big club, sporadic success.

Gold Coast Titans - Oklahoma Thunder - new brash and annoying.

Penrith Panthers - Green Bay Packers - small town mentality but relatively succesful for it.

North Queensland Cowboys - Toronto Blue Jays - way out there,

bobmar28

Bench

Forget Russel Crowes team, support the Bulldogs.

Are you watching the games on America One?

macavity

Referee
If any team is like the Packers, it is the mighty Newcastle Knights.

Proudly community owned, small town with a record of success against the odds and pride in our region, and the most passionate supporters in the league.

We are also look to be on the up again, building around a future star (Rogers / Mullen) to come out of a rebuilding period after losing our long-term superstar (Favre / Johns).

Latest posts