What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats Your Teams Whinge For Not Winning The Grand Final?

Cry me a river!

Everyone has a story about how their team was supposedly screwed out of that Grand Final victory they deserved.

So lets hear your story.

It can be from any season, not just this year.

For me, it was Rhys Wesser going to the Sin Bin last year against the Bulldogs.

If anything, the Bulldogs player should have been sent to the bin for trying to get the penalty.

I mean, Rhys.....deadset, butter wouldnt melt in his mouth. Also, we were the better team at one point in 2004.

We were screwed out of the 2004 Title! :x

;-)

Scott

Bench
I could go on forever in this thread. Afterall, I was a mad North Sydnel supporter when they were in the comp....

Zeb

Juniors
Mark O'Meley didn't rub enough deep heat into his head before games, damn you Shrek.

Southernsaint said:
No whinge, beaten by a better side on the night...

Finally somebody with a bit of sense, i hope the para fans stick to their own forum and dont answer this question, we will be here for days.

2005.....the refs screwed us against Manly and the Raiders.

That would have got us into the top 8 and and its CLEAR we were the form team heading into the finals.

So we beat the Tigers at the end of the season.....and now the Tigers are in the Grand Final.....

So its pretty obvious that the Panthers should be in this years Grand Final rather then the Tigers.

Also, how terrible is the finals system. Its should be atleast a 10 team finals series!

MrSharky

Juniors
1978 - Screwed out of the GF due to f***ing Hartley... which meant that game was a draw and required a replay... and then what happens? Half the team can't play due to injury sustained from thos cheap manly merkins...

1989 - Minor premiers screwed in the Preliminaries... what a f***ing conpiracy!

1997 (SL) - OMG What a conspiracy?!?! How can a GF be played at another team's home ground?!? WTF?!

1998 - Our shyte run from the beginning were due to injuries contracted from some of the worst scenarios! We were so brilliant in the second half of the year that we would've hammered anyone that came our way (won 10 in a row only to just miss the finals)...

1999 - One of the worst chokes ever... we had the premiership in the bag after winning the minor premiership with such overwhelming dominance... F**king conspiracy... mundine took drugs @ HT!!!!

2000 - Leading 20-0 against the eventual premiers at HT in the week 1 qualifying final... and we choked!! Russell Richardson you tw@t!!! He was obviously payed a handsome figure from Broncos HQ...

2001 - Everyone knows it should've been a Sharks/Parra GF... but no! Paul Simpkins decides to let his agenda against us (which still carries through to today!) get in the way of GF glory.. After beating the Dogs by 50 the week before we knew it was our year... only to be penalised out of the game a week later, and had a try to Matty Rogers disallowed and I still don't know why!!!

2002 - Now this f***ing hurt so bad! Leading the whole f***ing game v the warriors only to have a try from a FORWARD PASS (I know all warriors fans won't admit it... but THAT pass from cleary > toopi was FORWARD) disallow us the opportunity to take on the Roosters a week later! Also blame Mellor and Peachey for bombing some of the worst tries you could bomb! F**K!

2005 - Tony Archer. Forward Pass. Barrett Try. Need I say more? We would've rolled the Storm the following week, and been prepping ourselves for a GF judging by Parra's performance yesterday... but NO!

It's a conspiracy...

icon6.gif

Jono078

Referee
Injuries
No Money
No full time staff like trainers, conditioner etc
And more Injuries!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MrSharky said:
1978 - Screwed out of the GF due to f***ing Hartley... which meant that game was a draw and required a replay... and then what happens? Half the team can't play due to injury sustained from thos cheap manly merkins...

1997 (SL) - OMG What a conspiracy?!?! How can a GF be played at another team's home ground?!? WTF?!

1998 - Our shyte run from the beginning were due to injuries contracted from some of the worst scenarios! We were so brilliant in the second half of the year that we would've hammered anyone that came our way (won 10 in a row only to just miss the finals)...

1999 - One of the worst chokes ever... we had the premiership in the bag after winning the minor premiership with such overwhelming dominance... F**king conspiracy... mundine took drugs @ HT!!!!

2000 - Leading 20-0 against the eventual premiers at HT in the week 1 qualifying final... and we choked!! Russell Richardson you tw@t!!! He was obviously payed a handsome figure from Broncos HQ...

2001 - Everyone knows it should've been a Sharks/Parra GF... but no! Paul Simpkins decides to let his agenda against us (which still carries through to today!) get in the way of GF glory.. After beating the Dogs by 50 the week before we knew it was our year... only to be penalised out of the game a week later, and had a try to Matty Rogers disallowed and I still don't know why!!!

2002 - Now this f***ing hurt so bad! Leading the whole f***ing game v the warriors only to have a try from a FORWARD PASS (I know all warriors fans won't admit it... but THAT pass from cleary > toopi was FORWARD) disallow us the opportunity to take on the Roosters a week later! Also blame Mellor and Peachey for bombing some of the worst tries you could bomb! F**K!

2005 - Tony Archer. Forward Pass. Barrett Try. Need I say more? We would've rolled the Storm the following week, and been prepping ourselves for a GF judging by Parra's performance yesterday... but NO!

It's a conspiracy...

icon6.gif

:lol:

All I heard was...:

1978 - F**k all

1989 - F**k all

1997 (SL) - F**k all

1998 - Sweet f**k all

1999 - More f**k all

2000 - More sweet f**k all

2001 - 34 years and... f**k all

2002 - Even more f**k all

2005 - 39 years of failure - f**k all

:D

Have a good one mate :thumb

MrSharky

Juniors
Very funny dodge... but there's no denying it: there's definitely a conspiracy to rob us of grand final glory...

And it's working!... :evil:

icon6.gif

strong_latte

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
Cry me a river!

Everyone has a story about how their team was supposedly screwed out of that Grand Final victory they deserved.

So lets hear your story.

It can be from any season, not just this year.

For me, it was Rhys Wesser going to the Sin Bin last year against the Bulldogs.

If anything, the Bulldogs player should have been sent to the bin for trying to get the penalty.

I mean, Rhys.....deadset, butter wouldnt melt in his mouth. Also, we were the better team at one point in 2004.

We were screwed out of the 2004 Title! :x

;-)

Poor baby.

Ours is simple from last year... El Masri's try was a double movement!

Albinomonkey

Juniors
MrSharky said:

It's a conspiracy...

icon6.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol::lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
MrSharky said:
Very funny dodge... but there's no denying it: there's definitely a conspiracy to rob us of grand final glory...

And it's working!... :evil:

icon6.gif

It's not our fault you are rubbish!:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

By the way MrSharky, both of your "teams" got knocked out in the lower grades.

And this year it was Premier League Jets not Sharks...

panthersballboy

Juniors
Too many people tipped us to go well this year. Penrith struggle with high expectations and are much more comfortable being underdogs. The press know's this so to stop us from getting anywhere near the GF the tipped us to win the damn thing at the start of the year.

MrSharky

Juniors
dodge said:

By the way MrSharky, both of your "teams" got knocked out in the lower grades.

And this year it was Premier League Jets not Sharks...

Well there you go...

Like I said: conspiracy...

icon6.gif