What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the best place to watch the game on Saturday?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
greeneyed said:
No. South Canberra is just south of the lake, North Canberra is just north of the lake... Woden is south of South Canberra, Tuggers is south of Woden.... Belconnen and Gungahlin are north west and north of North Canberra.....

Man, anyone would think you live in Perth :lol: :lol: :lol: Tell me, isn't south of south Canberra out of Caberra, not woden.

If your right, though, whoever made the map (either Burley-Griffin or someone else) had a serious case of confusion at the time.

Either way, it's a huge shambles

greeneyed

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
greeneyed said:
No. South Canberra is just south of the lake, North Canberra is just north of the lake... Woden is south of South Canberra, Tuggers is south of Woden.... Belconnen and Gungahlin are north west and north of North Canberra.....

Man, anyone would think you live in Perth :lol: :lol: :lol: Tell me, isn't south of south Canberra out of Caberra, not woden.

If your right, though, whoever made the map (either Burley-Griffin or someone else) had a serious case of confusion at the time.

Either way, it's a huge shambles

Get out any map... I will be proved right. Woden, Belconnen and Tuggers and Weston and Gungahlin didn't even used to exist... that is why they called inner Canberra, North Canberra and South Canberra... Woden and Tuggers and Weston are south of the lake, but they are NOT "South Canberra". Belconnen and Gungahlin are north of the lake, but they are NOT "North Canberra". It is actually very simple. North and South Canberra are "inner" Canberra and Civic is their town centre. The other places are seperate and have their OWN town centres... Woden, Tuggers, Belconnen and Gungahlin... and Weston is a 'mini' one attached really to Woden.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Gee, not having a go at ya greeneyed. I'm sure you can see my point about how silly it seems, especially considering when Canberra was designed, unlike most places, it was designed to expand. In fact, I believe that Gungahlin is currently undergoing a fair bit of growth. For South and North to be in the centre, well, that just seems silly to me.

P.S. your last go at explaining it made it pretty clear. I am a little familiar with Canberra coz I have relos living there. Just don't ask me to find Dickson from Richardson without a map or expect me to say in which area each suburb is.

woodgers

Bench
Where do you live Greeneyed? I am Bonython, RaidersMalt is Wanniassa, BAY25 was Gleneagles (before moving to Sydney a couple of months ago) Raiders Ultra is in Hughes. I reckon South Canberra is south of civic, therefore Curtin and Hughes would be south. Braddon, O'connor would be north and so on. Northern Monkeys I say, they can't drive either. Greeneyed are you in the 'inner' area you rich bastard.

Go to O'Neills in Dickson. I don't think I will be there as I finish soccer at 5, however that is the best. Plus you can loosen up and grab a VB for $2. Imagine your posts after a few of 'kev's' specials, they will be just like ultra's

greeneyed

First Grade
woodgers said:
Where do you live Greeneyed? I am Bonython, RaidersMalt is Wanniassa, BAY25 was Gleneagles (before moving to Sydney a couple of months ago) Raiders Ultra is in Hughes. I reckon South Canberra is south of civic, therefore Curtin and Hughes would be south. Braddon, O'connor would be north and so on. Northern Monkeys I say, they can't drive either. Greeneyed are you in the 'inner' area you rich bastard.

Go to O'Neills in Dickson. I don't think I will be there as I finish soccer at 5, however that is the best. Plus you can loosen up and grab a VB for $2. Imagine your posts after a few of 'kev's' specials, they will be just like ultra's

:lol: :lol: Yes I live 5 minutes walk from the lake..... I am worried about going to O'Neills if they put union on the screen though. After last time, I think I am going to go to Raiders at Gungahlin, just to be safe.. they HAVE to have it on there.

greeneyed

First Grade
I used to live down on the other side of Gleneagles golf course though, till I moved "inner"...

greeneyed

First Grade
Woodgers... I am a lot older! Like I was at the Raiders first ever home game at Seiffert. I can remember the first win versus Newtown!

woodgers

Bench
40!

If you were 18 in 1982, add 22 years on (2004) and I come up with 40. Not being rude but I picked you for 27-30

greeneyed

First Grade
Woodgers... I would have picked you to be a lot older as well.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like... as if you might remember who Woodgers were... :lol: :lol: :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
Hey... how would I remember all this old stuff about the team if I hadn't actually seen it?

Latest posts