What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the best place to watch the game on Saturday?

woodgers

Bench
I'm not going to guess your age Skeepe. I know you have been to the Chisholm Tavern so I think I will leave you well alone. :D I told Smithy could do it mate. It's that Chisholm mongrel in him.

skeepe

Immortal
Well when it comes to age lets just say everyone who has so far revealed their age in this thread is older apart from ball boy. Lets just say I wasn't around for the Raiders first season, but was for every season after that. :D

I was pleasantly surprised at how Smithy went on the weekend, I hope he realises his full potential because he has plenty. I am a bit surprised that everything mentions him as a Valley Dragons junior without mentioning that he also spent a fair bit of his youth with the Tuggeranong Vikings.

skeepe

Immortal
hey I played for the Vikings myself ball boy... only because it cost $20 to play union and $50 to play league back in those days.

reptar

Juniors
Deary deary me. You lot are insane.

The ACT has several districts, which include the suburban districts of North Canberra, Belconnen, Gungahlin, South Canberra, Tuggeranong, Weston Creek, and Woden Valley. It also has rural districts such as Pierces Creek, Jerrabomberra (not to be confused with Jerrabomberra, NSW), Kowen, etc. Any district north of the Molonglo River is consider to be "northside", and conversely, anything south is "southside".

Places like "Lanyon", "Erindale", etc are localities that aren't official names of suburbs or districts.

For the record, seeing as it's being discussed, I'm 27. I also live in Wanniassa, but in 3 weeks time I'll be moving to Surry Hills.

hrundi99

First Grade
I'm an Aranda man myself (my uncle lives there and I lived there when I was a baby), though Duffy is my second Canberra place-to-be (my aunty lives there).

I'm pretty familiar with Weston Creek as my other uncle used to manage the squash courts there. Sadly he died last year but the courts have been named after him. He was an awesome guy.

woodgers

Bench
21, Skeepe and you go to Chisholm Tavern. Gee you must be a size or know someone who is. That is a dog of a joint.

Valley Dragons, how good are they. My old club. Have they produced any others? BAY25 was with Woden Rams but a year older. They produced heaps of quality players including Priddis. Not Bay though

skeepe

Immortal
I was always under the impression that Lanyon was the official name for that area. Many maps I have seen bear that out as well, but I could be wrong.

As a side note, it seems that most of us here are Tuggeranong people. I myself am in Gilmore when I'm in Canberra, and Glebe when I'm in Sydney which is most of the year unfortunately.

skeepe

Immortal
Haven't been to the Tavern lately woodgers. I seem to be spending more and more time in Kingston these days, the Durham is great, and I' getting real sick of the Tavern crowd to be honest with you. Fine when they're sober, always looking for a fight when they're drunk. I could do without that.

Geez I feel young talkin to you guys. I always thought I was older than a fair amount of the people who use these boards. Learn something new every day. For the record, I am currently 20, will be 21 in September.

reptar

Juniors
skeepe, the valley is called Lanyon - I'm not sure whether the homestead is named after the valley or vice versa.

I'm not really a Tuggers person - only temporarily. I'm originally a Weston Creek boy.

ball boy

Bench
i was with the Woden Rams but moved to The knights this year.. Woodgers other players from the dragons include Robbo and Jimmy Evans

RaidersMalt

Juniors
Like... as if you might remember who Woodgers were...

I'm 23 also and remember who woodgers were. Weren't they a locally owned real estate agent? I think they have since been taken over by one of the bigger agents. I remember when they had to announce that they couldn't afford to keep sponsoring them anymore as the raiders had become so successful. Mal made a big speech and said how important they were to the Raiders. It was all very heartfelt and emotional.

thickos

First Grade
I'm 22 and have family in Mackellar and Red Hill :clap:

Just thought I'd add that to the fun of this thread 8-[

Raider Ultra

Bench
Hughesy, Hughesy! Ballboy come along, the RAYF is always on the lookout for new members. We could do with some extra Tuggers muscle!

greeneyed

First Grade
skeepe said:
This thread is hilarious. I know it was a page or so ago, but a refresher course for everyone:

North Canberra:
Lyneham
Dickson
O'Connor
Turner
Ainslie
Hackett
Downer
Watson
and surrounding suburbs

South Canberra:
Forrest
Kingston
Griffith
Red Hill
Narrabundah
Manuka
and surrounding suburbs

Woden:
Curtin
Hughes
Lyons
Phillip
Garran
O'Malley
Mawson
Farrer
and surrounding suburbs

Weston Creek:
Weston
Duffy
Holder
Waramanga
Stirling
Fisher
and surrounding suburbs

Tuggeranong:
Wanniassa
Greenway
Fadden
Gowrie
Macarthur
Gilmore
Chisholm
Richardson
Bonython
Kambah
and surrounding suburbs

Belconnen:
Fraser
Dunlop
Spence
Melba
Cook
Bruce
Hawker
Page
Kaleen
and surrounding suburbs

Gunghalin:
Palmerston
Nicholls
Ngunnawal
Amaroo
and surrounding suburbs

Lanyon:
Gordon
Banks
Conder

:D

Yeah, what he said! I knew I was right!

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
It is funny, but the reaction so far is like I feel like I am not allowed to contribute to the forum any more... hope that is not the case.

You're a valued contributer, Kent - always a welcome member of any forum.

jed

First Grade
My name is jed, and I'm an alcoholic. Oops, sorry, wrong gathering. :oops:
I'm 27, was born at Woden Hospital, and lived in Higgins before the family left to go to Melbourne. I have cousins who live in Gordon and Pearce, and and Aunt & Uncle who live in Hawker.

Latest posts