What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Benek

Juniors
Do we have enough cash for both a half and a hooker? Egan is fine but not a star and we need depth in case of injury. Both our halves have been very underwhelming to start the season. CHT and Nikorima are not a combo to lead a team into the finals. I’d buy a good #7 first and then a hooker second. I hope we have the purse to do it.

Big Marn

Juniors
if we do get a hooker or a new half, they need to bring a good kicking game first and foremost, as that is our achilles heel at the moment.

Reactions: JJ

nswarrior

Juniors
Nah, I’d be seriously talking to Pearce... or bring back the Chad lol

CHT needs time, but not really shown much that suggests to me he’s the guy for 7...

CHT putting a huge effort in and amazing defence but no game management or composure

2 or 3 poor kicks early in the tackle count for himself

bring back Mason

Reactions: JJ

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Ok - bring back SJ

If we had any of those top flight halves, SJ included, we would have closed that game out comfortably.

I think that’s the thing, this year we’ll be there or thereabouts, but we’re going to struggle to put a lot of games to bed, meaning were probably guna lose 3 or 4 close games that we could/should win.

Tough 5 weeks ahead of us with Storm, Canberra and Roosters coming up

nswarrior

Juniors
If we had any of those top flight halves, SJ included, we would have closed that game out comfortably.

I think that’s the thing, this year we’ll be there or thereabouts, but we’re going to struggle to put a lot of games to bed, meaning were probably guna lose 3 or 4 close games that we could/should win.

Tough 5 weeks ahead of us with Storm, Canberra and Roosters coming up

Hope that’s not the next 3 games - that’s 3 of the top 4

Scott

Bench
Nah, I’d be seriously talking to Pearce... or bring back the Chad lol

CHT needs time, but not really shown much that suggests to me he’s the guy for 7...

Pearce has re-signed with Newcastle.

How about Adam Reynolds? Unlikely to get him, but may as well chase him & force his price up elsewhere.

JJ

Immortal
Pearce has re-signed with Newcastle.

How about Adam Reynolds? Unlikely to get him, but may as well chase him & force his price up elsewhere.
Didn’t know that

yep, Reynolds is excellent imo but I don’t think he’ll leave.

Leber

Bench
Hooker is more of a priority than half tbh.

We have 4 halves on the books. Kodi, CHT, O'Sullivan and Turner. Not great, but at least theres depth.

We only one one hooker. 2 if you count Jazz which I don't.
But there aren't any real good hookers off contract.

JJ

Immortal
Hooker is more of a priority than half tbh.

We have 4 halves on the books. Kodi, CHT, O'Sullivan and Turner. Not great, but at least theres depth.

We only one one hooker. 2 if you count Jazz which I don't.
But there aren't any real good hookers off contract.
Should one of the halves be used as bench hooker?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Walsh seeking a release to join us immediately. Will give him a year to learn under RTS, maybe jag a wing/centre spot for a little while potentially.

Broncos want someone else in return.

Happy to have him earlier, but not sure we should give someone up that may be useful to us while we still have RTS