What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO DO WE FOLLOW IN THE FINALS ?

The Rosco

Bench
I guess I should take some consolation our shitting the bed pleased one set of fans at least. Enjoy merkins......
@Vic Mackey your 15 year premiership post might come back to haunt you next year. You know I'll be waiting :)
soc, seeing that you're a regular here . . . for me, did I want to see the Penrith team fail ? . . not directly.
Did I want to see Ivan Cleary fail ? . . . oh Fkk yeah !!!
I feel bad for you merkins, but there ain't enough nastiness in the world to express how schadenfradin' pleased I am that Ivan is hurting.
I'm sure you understand.

According to Phil Gould the Smugs won the second half, and if only grand finals went for 82 minutes rather than 80 then they probably, maybe, almost would have won.

Phil Gould is a massive tool, yes he deserves a lot of credit for turning Penrith around and Cleary clearly benefited from Gould’s prior input into the club with their results this season and his coach of the year award, but Phil’s bias commentary towards Penrith was totally unprofessional ,he virtually whinged like a petulant child because the game wasn’t going to his liking.
As for Ivan, selecting May over Naden was again a failure ,to do it once ok but twice :joy:

axl rose

Bench
rifff.jpg

super_coach

First Grade
Penrith was always my second team till Clearygate. They built their team up from a great junior system and not by throwing money at established players like a team from Bondi. They play a good style of football, so there is a lot to like.

Than Ivan the terrible joined them and it all changed. Yesterday was nearly the perfect result. My perfect result would have been little jaw missing a goal in front to lose. Anyway good to see the smirk wiped off Ivan’s face as he became a bridesmaid again.

soc123_au

Staff member
soc, seeing that you're a regular here . . . for me, did I want to see the Penrith team fail ? . . not directly.
Did I want to see Ivan Cleary fail ? . . . oh Fkk yeah !!!
I feel bad for you merkins, but there ain't enough nastiness in the world to express how schadenfradin' pleased I am that Ivan is hurting.
I'm sure you understand.
Yeah mate, I get it completely. I spent a lot of years taking more pleasure in seeing the Roosters fail at the final hurdle than I did from the odd Panthers win after Freddy & Sing went there. It didn't really end until they just missed the 8 in 2005 after he retired. I cheered for the Broncos in finals games, ha ha. 9 years of pure hate. I don't have the energy for that kind of grudge anymore. I can't say I like them now, but I do respect their unwavering quest to be on top.

If I'm being completely honest the whole Ivan fiasco with the Tigers left a bitter taste in my mouth. As it did for a lot of Penrith fans. We haven't been a club who traditionally would pull that kind of shit. Looking at it rationally though from a Panthers prospective it was probably a good move. If we hadn't there is a fair chance we lose Nathan. I know you guys give him a lot of shit, but whether you admit it or not he is a very good chance he is an elite talent. He had a mare last night, but he is still only 22. The wankfest over him by Matty Johns leading up to the GF was pretty cringe, but the sentiment is potentially right. As a club to be successful going forward required being ruthless. No one was going to thank us for being kind if Nathan ended up with his old man at the Tigers or somewhere else.

You guys experienced similar to what we were facing when you lost Teddy. The other 2 were a blessing, but still would have sucked at the time. It will turn around for you guys, a few ruthless moves of your own might assist with the climb.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah mate, I get it completely. I spent a lot of years taking more pleasure in seeing the Roosters fail at the final hurdle than I did from the odd Panthers win after Freddy & Sing went there. It didn't really end until they just missed the 8 in 2005 after he retired. I cheered for the Broncos in finals games, ha ha. 9 years of pure hate. I don't have the energy for that kind of grudge anymore. I can't say I like them now, but I do respect their unwavering quest to be on top.

If I'm being completely honest the whole Ivan fiasco with the Tigers left a bitter taste in my mouth. As it did for a lot of Penrith fans. We haven't been a club who traditionally would pull that kind of shit. Looking at it rationally though from a Panthers prospective it was probably a good move. If we hadn't there is a fair chance we lose Nathan. I know you guys give him a lot of shit, but whether you admit it or not he is a very good chance he is an elite talent. He had a mare last night, but he is still only 22. The wankfest over him by Matty Johns leading up to the GF was pretty cringe, but the sentiment is potentially right. As a club to be successful going forward required being ruthless. No one was going to thank us for being kind if Nathan ended up with his old man at the Tigers or somewhere else.

You guys experienced similar to what we were facing when you lost Teddy. The other 2 were a blessing, but still would have sucked at the time. It will turn around for you guys, a few ruthless moves of your own might assist with the climb.

i like you a poster @soc123_au

WA Tiger

Bench
Ah some hate is unavoidable. Ruthless I think needs to go through a few too many channels to survive or before it can be ratified at WT..
Interesting posts from our guys about the bench and the Ivan going for the soft option with May..Maybe he’s not hard enough as a coach?
I couldn’t watch the game again with the storm winning in the fashion they did but I remember seeing Cleary’s first 5th tackle option kick for the centre/ wing and thinking that’s not a confident kick.It was short and looked like he was intimidated by the occasion with so much responsibility..Also that intercept pass had no spiral on it (unheard of) With a spiral it could have hit the wing with time to spare..
That was Ivans 2nd GF loss.That would have knocked him around a bit

No Alice today?

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench

Listen sport, we're used to the likes of Floppy ole dog and rhyno coming in here and stinking up our forum.
We don't need rational and decent folks like you coming here, otherwise we can't whinge.
Cheers mate. Kudos to you for being a decent merkin.
I said it here before . . . I don't hate the Penrith team, per se. . . just Ivan, and I'm glad you see it and have the decency to admit it too.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Shit, thats a shame, he always offered a good discussion. Is he coming back, do you know?

no idea, I spoke to him on the other forum after it happened but he seems to have disappeared off that one too

Ah some hate is unavoidable. Ruthless I think needs to go through a few too many channels to survive or before it can be ratified at WT..
Interesting posts from our guys about the bench and the Cleary senior going for the soft option with May..Cleary not hard enough?
I couldn’t watch the game again with the storm winning in the fashion they did but I remember seeing Cleary’s first 5th tackle option kick for the centre/ wing and thinking that’s not a confident kick.It was short and looked like he was intimidated by the occasion with so much responsibility..Also that intercept pass had no spiral on it (unheard of) and with spiral could have hit the wing with time to spare..
That was Ivans 2nd GF loss.That would have knocked him around a bit

No Alice today?

Hate is good, it’s what gives League it’s tribalism. Imagine if we liked every opponent? How boring would that be?!

No Alice today?

Ahh old mate Alice, probably the worst of a bad bunch. Definite screw loose there, should check her out on twitter, it’s even worse

axl rose

Bench
I couldn’t watch the game again with the storm winning in the fashion they did but I remember seeing Cleary’s first 5th tackle option kick for the centre/ wing and thinking that’s not a confident kick.It was short and looked like he was intimidated by the occasion

Penriffs version of Tim Smith.

axl rose

Bench

Luai to Tigers. Riffs cap will be bursting.

To take next step Pennies will need a hard head to replace their skipper leaving to collect his super with us. Someone like Chris Mortimer back in the day to go with the youth.

soc123_au

Staff member
Luai to Tigers. Riffs cap will be bursting.

To take next step Pennies will need a hard head to replace their skipper leaving to collect his super with us. Someone like Chris Mortimer back in the day to go with the youth.
I dont think we have the cap to but anyone that fits the bill. I'd say Yeo will get the gig, hopefully he is up to it. Aussie Jim is leaving some big shoes to fill.

7569B6F8-21CB-4935-9EDE-5CAF10C7A922.jpeg

Ivan Cleary Wingnut Smug
Hands dripping with Tiger Blood
Open the door, get them on the bus
Then text them farewell easy enough

Said it was hard to sell out a club
It’s fans, it’s sponsors, a giant snub
How do feel when karma comes
To take away your day in the sun.

Blow a kiss to angry dad
Off his head and feeling bad
Shame on you ivan to teach your son
To cash in his name for family fun.

Shocked and awed after the game
The panther fans now feel the shame
They were on your bus, happy to loach
Now most of them want another coach.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I dont think we have the cap to but anyone that fits the bill. I'd say Yeo will get the gig, hopefully he is up to it. Aussie Jim is leaving some big shoes to fill.

Totally agree. Tamou will do well for the W/T in the next couple of years, both on and off the field.

Storm just too good last night, too clinical and too experienced. 2021 though has the potential to be good for Penrith

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
no idea, I spoke to him on the other forum after it happened but he seems to have disappeared off that one too

Hate is good, it’s what gives League it’s tribalism. Imagine if we liked every opponent? How boring would that be?!

Ahh old mate Alice, probably the worst of a bad bunch. Definite screw loose there, should check her out on twitter, it’s even worse

Nah I've been out today. 1st chance to come online. Storm last night were at their brilliant best. (Unlike yourselves I'm OK with giving credit when it's due, and happy to congratulate the winner. Penrith tried hard but sadly not good enough on the night.

Foundations are built though for some good years with the Penrith Panthers.

Nah I've been out today. 1st chance to come online. Storm last night were at their brilliant best. (Unlike yourselves I'm OK with giving credit when it's due, and happy to congratulate the winner. Penrith tried hard but sadly not good enough on the night.

Foundations are built though for some good years with the Penrith Panthers.

The panthers will never win a gf under the imposter.

The smug has cleared.

The Panthers are mortal again!