What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who do we keep

Mish

Juniors
haha I just read the above innuendo... cheeky buggers.

And I already pointed out I was a fan didn't I? Aren't we all?

Bench
I think 2 years is perfect to get an idea on how he fairs with injury and to see if he gets complacent or improves. And as someone pointed out, with the uncertainty of his future next year gone he may relax more and really show us what he can do.

He is our next priority signing!
I agree,give him 2 years and a bit of security and watch him really embarrass Morris and Sheens.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Irrespective of his history, we need to secure a quality halfback, considering there's f**k all of them running around at present.

We took a punt on Prince (who was just as injury prone when he came to the tigers) And he played near on all the games he possibly could for the Tigers.

I think we have the same situation with Head. He should be offered a 2 year contract minimum.
Prince had some injury history sure, but his injuries were all broken bones if I'm not mistaken. It was clear for all to see when Head took that intercept on Sunday he could hardly get out of second gear, there's something inherently wrong with his knees and he's probably 1 or 2 twists away from being permanently f**ked. I just think caution is a sensible approach until he demonstrates some longevity. 6 games ain't longevity.

N.C.

Juniors
Prince had some injury history sure, but his injuries were all broken bones if I'm not mistaken. It was clear for all to see when Head took that intercept on Sunday he could hardly get out of second gear, there's something inherently wrong with his knees and he's probably 1 or 2 twists away from being permanently f**ked. I just think caution is a sensible approach until he demonstrates some longevity. 6 games ain't longevity.
He's more likely to get a pass away to his flyers once in open space than that other bloke is though... Even on crutches.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
f**k you mugs are thick. No one is debating his superiority to Morris. It's whether we should commit multiple years and $$$ on someone with his past. A little bit of perspective. I'm suggesting we sign Head for next year now. Then if he plays the rest of the season and is playing well, extend him at the end of this year again. But why rush to sign him up now for multiple years when (a) there's a good chance he f**ks his knee even further, given his history and (b) no other team has thus far shown any interest in him.

N.C.

Juniors
f**k you mugs are thick. No one is debating his superiority to Morris. It's whether we should commit multiple years and $$$ on someone with his past. A little bit of perspective. I'm suggesting we sign Head for next year now. Then if he plays the rest of the season and is playing well, extend him at the end of this year again. But why rush to sign him up now for multiple years when (a) there's a good chance he f**ks his knee even further, given his history and (b) no other team has thus far shown any interest in him.

Or you could insert a clause into the contract that says if you can't run we wont pay you quite as much, but it would be nice if you could stick around and teach some other goon how to make a line-break... Or to identify an overlap at twenty paces...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yet you have no objections to extending Benji's contract given his history with injuries?

Mate, this comes down to two things.

1. How many top quality halfbacks are there available in the comp at the end of this season who we can sign?
2. Do we have a top quality halfback already at the club that warrants being replaced by an off contract halfback?

If he was a centre, winger, backrower or front rower then we'd just easily cut him loose. Problem is, there are f**k all quality halves available. We have one sitting in our laps. Why should we be reluctant to sign him for more than year. We show some faith in him, allow him to relax and get more comfortable in his role, and then by the time his 2 years are up, one of the young guys we have at the club will be groomed, and chomping at the bit to play first grade, and will only be 21-22 years old.

It's a perfect situation for the club to be in, we shouldn't sit on our hands and f**k around with a one year contract on this bloke.

Last edited:
I said this to Bubbles if it comes down to Te'o or Head
Hard running kiwi backrowers are a lot easier to find than scheming creative halfbacks imho ... esp with bronson, ellis, heighno at the club next season. Don't get me wrong Te'o is class but if it came down to a choice I'd pick Head

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We should not have signed Ellis if it meant we were a chance of losing Te'o. We have plenty of second rowers already.

This pom better be worth his $300K.

Assuming Te'o remains, we'd have a very formidable pack.

13. Te'o
12. Heighington
11. Ellis
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Payten

14. Halatau
15. Fulton
16. Harrison
17. Gibbs

Plus Galea for depth, as well as Trimarchi (who I rate).

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd have Fulton starting and Te'o on the bench next year.

we need more than one good defender on the park

super_coach

First Grade
Head is a must, everyone in football land can see the tigers are a different side with head calling the shots along with farah. Also when you consider he is just catching and passing with the odd kick at present, when he starts to gell with Benji things could get big.

Latest posts