What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you currently regard as the 3 greatest NRL league players ever and why?

Jason Maher

Immortal
As the NRL only started in 1998:

1. Andrew Johns
2. Darren Lockyer
3. Shane Webcke

(I could have just said I agree with Raider 69)

j0nesy

Bench
Of the players I've seen:

Johns - All round great halfback. What's more he could tackle.
Lewis - Tough, relentless and skillful 5/8th.
Inglis - He has so much raw ability, he could be anything. Although I think he's playing above his playing weight at the moment. I personally like him as a center.
Clyde - I had to throw a forward in there, a great athlete. Excellent ball player and a very tough bloke.

AILD

Bench
from what ive seen since following footy , which is about 12-13 years.

1. Andrew johns- best halfback i have seen

2. Darren Lockyer- best fullback altho i didnt see alot of him there.

3. Lazarus- one of the best props i saw play.

other players that deserve mentions: webcke, brett mullins and langer.

that I've seen

1. Johns-amazing all round player, had so many strings to his bow, the complete player.
2. Lockyer-took him just 3 years to go from the best fullback in the world, to the best 5/8. great all round player who has constantly adapted to the changing of the game, and the aging of his body to stay at the top for so long.
3. Webcke-war horse, laid the platform for his backs so well, never had a bad game, and made the job so much easier for the other 16 in his side. Never gave any less than 100% regardless of the match situation.

LOL i love when people are putting dally messenger. how much of dally messenger did u see?

all time that ive seen:

Allan Langer
Ricky Stuart
Darren Lockyer

NRL Days (post 98):

Darren Lockyer
Andrew Johns
Shane Webcke

fourplay

Juniors
Andrew Johns - Self explanatory
SBW - Love him or hate him, there is no denying he was the most dominant player to play in the NRL in his short reign.
Fittler - Great all round player

From what I have seen;

Fittler - Because I am a Roosters stan
Langer - Because this Queensland prick always made me applaud
Lyons - The moustache

Dazraider

Juniors
Mal Meninga: Not just for his Brute size but his ability to attract players to set up linebreaks and tries for others, he could kick goals and he put in everygame he played, speed strength and could read play.

Andrew Johns:All rounder could do everything and anything nearly everygame he pulled out the tricks and saved NSW when he came back into origin

Laurie Daley:Could play centers and 5/8th kick goals in his early days, read read play and brake the line so many times won the game for the raiders and the Blues, his defence was awesome as well. no doubt was the best 5/8th ever produced in origin and as i was nly young when watching Lewis I would say Daley was the best ive seen in that position by a mile

stoodamire

Juniors
Menzies - Complete player, great ambassador for the game
Lockyer - When at fullback, which just glide across the field, Mark Waugh of Rugby League
Cliffy Lyons - Natural Talent, made everyone look good esp the Beaver

Coaster

Bench
3 greatest players ive seen.

Wally Lewis - stood tall amongst the bloodbath of origin in the 80's.

Alan Langer - changed the game

Darren Lockyer - not many will agree with me, but he was the best fullback ever IMO, not only the plays he set up, was the best defender at the back, could break up a play before it had time to happen.

mightybears

Bench
Irvine:
Most test tries for Australia
Most tries for NSW
Most tries all up and most tries for one club in NSWRL/ARL/NRL history.

Players i have seen: Sterling, Lewis and Lockyer.

Latest posts