What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who do you guys want to coach in 2012?

who do you want coaching in 2012?

• Total voters

KKW

Juniors
Muzby, you are a troll. You think you are quite clever at hiding it but the fact of the matter is, you spend more time in here revving up Souths fans than you do discussing your own team, or football in general. While I acknowledge that trolling can be fun on occasion and everyone, enjoys baiting fans from teams that they hate, you are here far too often for my liking.

Myself and the other mods who patrol this site, do so in our spare time to keep the site running ship shape and encourage good healthy discussion. Lately I find that I am spending a lot of this spare time sending your posts to the dump thread.

If you don't curtail your trolling (and this goes for you as well KKW) I will have your access to this part of the forum cut off.

You have been warned.

As you say, nothing wrong with a bit of fun. Not like I'm here everyday or even every month for that matter. Get off your high horse buddy. If souths missing out on bennett isn't cause for a bit of sh*t stir from other fans then I don't know what is. The whole "trolling" accusation thing is wearing a bit thin. It's allright for you lot to gloat when you but a marquee player but not allright for other fans to come and have a laugh when you miss out. You lot are taking the meaning of political correctness to a whole new level.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
As you say, nothing wrong with a bit of fun. Not like I'm here everyday or even every month for that matter. Get off your high horse buddy. If souths missing out on bennett isn't cause for a bit of sh*t stir from other fans then I don't know what is. The whole "trolling" accusation thing is wearing a bit thin. It's allright for you lot to gloat when you but a marquee player but not allright for other fans to come and have a laugh when you miss out. You lot are taking the meaning of political correctness to a whole new level.

You have had a total of 85 posts on LU, with a massive percentage of them bagging Souths.

If you where a AFL poster doing the same thing to League in general, you would have been punted off this site by now.

KKW

Juniors
Big difference sh*t stirring in good humour another club against bagging the code. That's what makes footy tribal. Go get yoyrself a sense of humour. I bet the total count of my posts stirring souths is far less than your total stirring other clubs anyhow.

cleary89

Coach
dkor what a twig. If you cant handle sending 4 posts a week to the dump thread, why become a mod?

Wato

Juniors
If I was Souths I would be looking at Des Hasler. As a former half he could help Sandow out a lota nd his sides always play a very simple game plan imo. Manly have not resigned him yet either so you may be in with a chance.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Muzby...speaks the truth....media realise at 1pm... maybe Russell Crow could be your coach next year, owner, coach, trainer, strapper, physio, doctor..... He could act all these roles.
All he would need to do is organize a daily screening of one of his films to inspire the boys and they would go through the season undefeated :sarcasm:

Mad Dog will tell you what a great tactic that is.

2010Dragons

Bench
Nathan Tinkler's Newcastle Knights sign supercoach Wayne Bennett to four-year contract from 2012

• By Christopher Boyd
  • FOX SPORTS
  • April 12, 2011 11:42AM

724296-wayne-bennett.jpg

The decision ... Wayne Bennett heading to Newcastle Knights. Source: Jone Searle / News Limited

Wayne Bennett has elected to sign a four-year contract with Newcastle Knights, the supercoach basing his decision on Nathan Tinkler's vision for the club and the lifestyle offered by the Hunter Valley.

NRL on Fox: This Week

787671-nrl-on-fox.jpg

Our live guests this week are South Sydney enforcer Sam Burgess and Brisbane Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough.
In the Props Pentathlon, reigning champion Evarn Tuimavave from Newcastle Knights will be looking to defend his crown.
We’ll also discuss the possible return to the NRL of Craig Gower and ask if the Melbourne Storm trio of Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith the best fullback, halfback and hooker combo the game has seen.

It's all on NRL on Fox this Wednesday from 7.30pm (EST) on Fox Sports 2HD and Fox Sports 2.

Bennett overlooked a lucrative offer from South Sydney in deciding to take over Rick Stone's role at the end of the season, a move which will provide an enormous boost to the Hunter region.
"I sat down with Nathan (Tinkler) and was struck by his passion and knowledge of rugby league,” said the seven-time premiership-winning coach who is believed to have signed for approximately $5 million over four seasons.

"Private ownership appeals to me. I like it. This guy wants to take Newcastle to another level. He wants our game to capture the imagination of the Hunter like never before ... for the Knights to be the benchmark of rugby league in this country. That is the type of challenge that appeals to me.

"The Knights have already won two premierships and have been a great club despite struggling with their finances. And that’s where Nathan Tinkler comes in."
Bennett hoped that Stone would remain at the NRL club and work under him next season, however it is unknown whether the current coach will accept his replacement's offer.
What do you make of Bennett's decision to pick Newcastle over Souths? Is this the greater challenge? Have your say at the bottom of the page!
Tinkler Sports Group Executive chairman Ken Edwards described Bennett's decision as a massive win for the community and Newcastle Knights.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"We are building something really special for the entire community and are thrilled to know that Wayne Bennett will be part of it," Edwards said.

"Wayne's appointment confirms exactly what Nathan has been saying, that the Hunter region has developed dramatically and now the best do not have to go to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to prosper, they can now stay or join us in the Hunter.

"This is a major step for the region as we continue to build community pride and above all, further expand the clubs existing policy to provide a pathway for all juniors to have the opportunity to play for the Knights.
"What excites everyone at the club is Wayne's commitment to work closely with the Newcastle rugby league, to ensure that a professional structure is in place for young player development and a full programme for local coaches.
"This is a genuine revolution for everyone involved in rugby league from Newcastle up to the Queensland boarder."

Zigwaa

Bench
Definately not you jerkface!

Bellamy but will never happen, so I've gone with McGuire.

DC_fan

Coach
Would love Bellamy, but we will never get him. So I would take his former offsider in McGuire

2010Dragons

Bench
McGuire....has declined the Rabbitohs offer....not many good coaches left.
How about Muzby and BunniesMan as Co-Coaches....It would be hilarous to watch.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm not talking about this thread in particular, but rather your behaviour in general.

Don't bother sending a PM.

Have a read of this instead-

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=347983

Pay particular attention to the first points re: trolling and thread hijacking and also where it talks about moderator discretion.

Then go and have a look at the several dozen posts in our troll dump thread with your name on them.

okay... so i hope you read the PM, eagerly awaiting your response..

but in regards to the linke you posted, i have a couple of questions:

1. guidelines say this:
South's LU is a happy, friendly place generally free of politics and personal agenda's

(no apostrophe btw)

so is the following not a personal agenda?

you are here far too often for my liking.

2. guidelines say this:

We also welcome discussion about South's and League in general from posters who support other teams

(once again, no apostrophe needed)

but you say:

you spend more time in here revving up Souths fans than you do discussing your own team

so am i to discuss my own team in here? my interpretation of your guidelines clearly says that i should discuss souths..

nb. the fact some people don't get my sense of humour is hardly "revving up"..

3. guidelines say this:

Anything posted in the Souths forum deemed to be off topic by the Mods will be moved to the Ho Hum thread.

and you say:

go and have a look at the several dozen posts in our troll dump thread with your name on them.

so lets have a look at the first page shall we..

topic: players talking on the field.
my post: my interpretation of sandow & burgesses voices (on topic)

topic: playing for full 80 minutes.
my post: referring to the sharks coach telling his boys to play for the full 70 minutes against the dragons (on topic)

topic: who cost you a finals berth.
my post: sandow's performance in rd 26 last year which cost you the chance of playing finals. (on topic)

topic: someone referring to a fan as "die hard".
my post: a picture of bruce willis from die hard (slightly off topic, but designed to get a laugh, which it did from a few wouths fans)

topic: souths pledging support for lang.
my post: referrring to the fact that when a coach has "full support of the board" he is usually sacked in a few weeks (on topic)

in fact, there are quite a few posts in there that appear to have been moved simply becasue it was posted by me... (once again i look to the "personal agenda" clause)

4. regarding trolling: the two (football based, impartial & factual) threads that i have posted here in the past two days are 2 of the top 5 most commented threads in your forum, with the majority of posts being football based discussion..

please point out to me based on your guidelines above how this is trolling?

as has been mentioned by a few people above, maybe having a sense of humour would help you in this job..

anyway... back to the topic at hand..

hmm.. better get my clipboard and whistle ready for 2012...

Never wanted him in the first place. Reasons why!

[1] We've had that amount of coaches since re-instatement, and have never held a coach for anymore then two years as i can remember it. Big disruptions to the players every off-season.
[2] Bennett is a great short-term coach at this stage of his career however Souths needs to move forward and i personally don't believe potential quick success is the right move for them when he will be gone from the club in a maximum of four years only with his departure being a potential downfall for the club. The only way is up and We want a Dynasty of performance.
[3] Changing of coaches can never be good for young talent like James Roberts, Chris Sandow anyone who is going to be part of the future with Souths over the next 10 or so years, If we can help it they need the same mentor under their wing for a longer period of time so they can learn one thing and be able to stick with it and be able to gel as an individual and part of the team. I don't think James Roberts's future would of been at Souths if Bennett came due to his tag along Darius Boyd.
4) Michael Maguire- Very young coach with ALOT of success already, Coached under Bellamy for 4 or 5 seasons where he gained a wealth of experience. His first season with Wigan in 2010 guided them to a premiership. Exactly the type of coach Souths needs. We would of been better off to keep JT then to bring Lang into the frame.
5) Wayne's lack of a youth policy- Short term success equals loss of tradition and potential loss of our image, We've always been known as one of the better juniors base for quite a few years now and with Darius Boyd a imminent purchase should Bennett of came to the club it would of more likely given James Roberts as a direct positional comparison less of a chance of a future at Souths and he is red and green all over and rated one of the best youngsters to come through the grade through any decade, Certainly one of the best the NYC has seen since that was brought in for the 2008 season, Personally I don't think Darius Boyd is that good of a player.

Should we of signed Bennett. He would of been our 7th coach in 10 years. Even with his four year deal, we only just even managed to keep a coach on average for two seasons when his contract runs end of 2015 . Souths needs a stayer!!!

Last edited:

Dragons01

First Grade
Wayne's lack of a youth policy- Short term success equals loss of tradition and potential loss of our image

In Bennett's two and a bit years at the Dragons they have resigned, Hornby, Cooper, Hunt, Nigtingale, got Gasnier back and also resigned Merrin and Stanley and they are all local juniors for the Dragons.
One of the better junior bases - maybe years ago - Burgess, Taylor, Inglis and you let Champion (a local junior) go to get Inglis. All that without Bennett destroying your club. When you talk about having other coaches remember one thing - Bennett is not 'other' coaches he is the best coach any team could hope for.

Last edited:

Ozzy

First Grade

[1] We've had that amount of coaches since re-instatement, and have never held a coach for anymore then two years as i can remember it. Big disruptions to the players every off-season.
[2] Bennett is a great short-term coach at this stage of his career however Souths needs to move forward and i personally don't believe potential quick success is the right move for them when he will be gone from the club in a maximum of four years only with his departure being a potential downfall for the club. The only way is up and We want a Dynasty of performance.
[3] Changing of coaches can never be good for young talent like James Roberts, Chris Sandow anyone who is going to be part of the future with Souths over the next 10 or so years, If we can help it they need the same mentor under their wing for a longer period of time so they can learn one thing and be able to stick with it and be able to gel as an individual and part of the team. I don't think James Roberts's future would of been at Souths if Bennett came due to his tag along Darius Boyd.
4) Michael Maguire- Very young coach with ALOT of success already, Coached under Bellamy for 4 or 5 seasons where he gained a wealth of experience. His first season with Wigan in 2010 guided them to a premiership. Exactly the type of coach Souths needs. We would of been better off to keep JT then to bring Lang into the frame.
5) Wayne's lack of a youth policy- Short term success equals loss of tradition and potential loss of our image, We've always been known as one of the better juniors base for quite a few years now and with Darius Boyd a imminent purchase should Bennett of came to the club it would of more likely given James Roberts as a direct positional comparison less of a chance of a future at Souths and he is red and green all over and rated one of the best youngsters to come through the grade through any decade, Certainly one of the best the NYC has seen since that was brought in for the 2008 season, Personally I don't think Darius Boyd is that good of a player.

Should we of signed Bennett. He would of been our 7th coach in 10 years. Even with his four year deal, we only just even managed to keep a coach on average for two seasons when his contract runs end of 2015 . Souths needs a stayer!!!
:shock: To quote John McEnroe: "You can't be serious."

BunniesMan

Immortal
McGuire....has declined the Rabbitohs offer....not many good coaches left.
How about Muzby and BunniesMan as Co-Coaches....It would be hilarous to watch.
I'd lock Muzby in a basement somewhere, coach them myself, and lead us to a premiership.

On a serious note. Maguire doesn't want to leave before his contract is over.

As for the rest, I'd love Bellamy or Meninga but I don't know how realistic either are. So I picked the best of the realistic options IMO, Ricky Stuart, he knows what it takes to win and if he does a decent job with NSW we should have a look (if we don't get Bellamy/Meninga).

Ribs

Bench

Ha ha gold..... was hoping to see one of these! You're right, a club like souths are so much better off without Bennett and Boyd isn't that great a player. Wow.....

Wobbygong

First Grade

That's pure GOLD, man I want whatever you're on. Seriously off to McDonalds with you, to go and clutch at some more straws......

p.s I still think tugger's your best option at this stage, forget Muzby.

Latest posts