What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the better forward pack?

Who has the better forward pack?

• Total voters

skeepe

Immortal
Raiders by far Souths pack is all dumb, Lazy players. All is needed for Canberra to have a perfect pack is an offloading/Ballplaying backrower and a decent hooker.

On the otherhand South except for Lowe just want a big hit and bludge in the backs for 80% of the game

Not watched much of Bronson Harrison's work I take it?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
rephrase - offloading back rower who knows the right time to pass, and the right time to hold onto the ball

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
re-phrase, offloading backrower who knows the right time to offload, and can tackle..

Ray Parlour

Juniors
If Canberra got some better backrowers to replace Picker and Tongue who are both pure sh*t they would easily be the best pack in the comp.

White is waste of a signing imo as they already had two of the best props in the game. Should of recruited a gun backrower instead.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Canberra got some better backrowers to replace Picker and Tongue who are both pure sh*t they would easily be the best pack in the comp.

White is waste of a signing imo as they already had two of the best props in the game. Should of recruited a gun backrower instead.
TLL is versatile enough to play prop and backrow. White IMO is a good signing, he's a the nutcase they've probably being missing and has alot of big game experience.
I agree Tongue is past it but Picker isn't as bad a player as you make out, I mean he's only 23 and has alot of room for improvement. Fensom is the goods IMO, tackles anything that moves, the new Dallas Johnson. Outside that they can always move Joel Thompson to the backrow (I suspect thats where he would've played if Monaghan didn't molester the puppy).
Really the only thing missing is a class 9, however in saying that I think Travis Waddell could be a surprise

aqua_duck

Coach
Canberra have souths covered in the front row easily.

Souths have Canberra covered in the backrow easily.

Would also take Luke over any of Canberra's hookers.
a backrow of Bronson Harrison, TLL and Shaun Fensom isn't that much worse than Burgess, Taylor and Lowe.

BunniesMan

Immortal
a backrow of Bronson Harrison, TLL and Shaun Fensom isn't that much worse than Burgess, Taylor and Lowe.
Let's rank them
Burgess
Taylor
TLL
Lowe
Harrison
Fensom

When we have the 2 best of those two sets and 3 of the top 4, I think we clearly have the better backrow. Canberra doesn't have a terrible backrow but we happen to have the best in the comp.

When George Burgess is ready to partner up Asotasi we'll have one of the top 5 prop combos along with the 2nd best hooker in the game.

The best forward pack in the NRL.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Let's rank them
Burgess
Taylor
TLL
Lowe
Harrison
Fensom

When we have the 2 best of those two sets and 3 of the top 4, I think we clearly have the better backrow. Canberra doesn't have a terrible backrow but we happen to have the best in the comp.

When George Burgess is ready to partner up Asotasi we'll have one of the top 5 prop combos along with the 2nd best hooker in the game.

Raiders pack sh*ts all over yours.

LU sh*ts all over you from a great height because you're a muppet.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Burgess makes Lowe and Faylor look good, although Burgess isn't yet the 'all time great immortal superstar God's second son' that he is made out to be by certain, mostly bandwagon, souths fans. His mistake rate is shocking. I'd rate this six in order:
1. Burgess and TLL
2. Harrison
3. Fensom and Faylor
then a considerable distance to Lowe.
Tongue is a fine leader who has served us well but he no longer makes my best Canberra 17.

The only position in the pack that Souths have an advantage is hooker. Which won't mean a thing because the halves Luke has to work with are inconsistent at best. But then again, all souths have to do to score points apparently is give the ball to Inglis who will score 800 tries this season alone.

no name

Coach
Let's rank them
Burgess
Taylor
TLL
Lowe
Harrison
Fensom

Ranked according to who?
TLL > Taylor
B Harrison > Lowe
Souths have far from the best back row in the comp.
Titans & sharks backrow are easily better.

And then you go onto to say an unproven prop will partner up with an over the hill one to form a top 5 prop combo.

This trolling business of yours is getting out of hand.

InThatNumber

Juniors
I'm guessing that John Lang doesn't think it is the Bunnies...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...and-chris-sandow/story-e6frf3ou-1226004237604

Lang attempted to distribute the responsibility by pointing to his own performance and that of the club's all-star pack.
"Everybody talks about our forward pack, but which one of them won a Dally M as the best forward in their position?" Lang said.
"Who made State of Origin? Who played for Australia? We had one (Sam Burgess) in the England side and one (Issac Luke) in the Kiwi side, coming off the bench.

"A lot of people have to step up in this joint, including J Lang. It's not a Chris Sandow and John Sutton thing. Everybody has to step up - that's the bottom line.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He is right

Souths pack really did nothing last year and thats why Souths claiming they have a better pack than the best PROVEN pack in the comp is just typical Souths trolling. They might come out this year and blow other sides away in the forwards but that is all speculation. As I told BM last time the idiot tried to argue the toss on the Raiders pack the Raiders pack HAS ALREADY ESTABLISHED ITSELF. Souths has not. That is why people think he is an idiot. Yes there are some good players in the side but they have proven nothing. Whereas on the otherhand the reason the Raiders do so well is on the back of the pack which is also the reason they beat the Dragons. They beat them for metres which forces them to over play the hand a bit so they start making mistakes.

Latest posts