What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the better forward pack?

Who has the better forward pack?

• Total voters

Lambretta

First Grade
I googled Souths Pack and I got this picture and the slogan "In August again" with it

I wonder what they could mean?

packed-suitcase.jpg

:? How does that point force Rabbitohs fans to stop clutching at those straws? The point they made in the offseason was the pack I named was the strongest in the comp. - that pack never got a chance to play together let alone a time to gel.

Their starting pack generally did pretty well despite their halves never complimenting them like say the Dragons halves did - it was when the likes of Crossman and co. came on the side would begin to bottom out.

That's why it's relevant because the chances of that pack getting together is slim due to the injury concerns of both players in recent times, particularly Ross who is probably one awkward fall or collision away from a permament and severe injury, so you can't say "oh injury stopped any chance of seeing the greatest (lol) pack of all time playing together" when two of those players were under heavy injury clouds to begin with.

Big Pete

Referee
That's why it's relevant because the chances of that pack getting together is slim due to the injury concerns of both players in recent times, particularly Ross who is probably one awkward fall or collision away from a permament and severe injury, so you can't say "oh injury stopped any chance of seeing the greatest (lol) pack of all time playing together" when two of those players were under heavy injury clouds to begin with.

I love how much Taylor's line gets exagerated over time, it's great.

That's a fair point, but the comment was made with Ross and Crocker in mind. True it was wishful thinking but when they're called up for it, well, it's not like the critics are truly accurate.

thorson1987

Coach
East Campbelltown Eagles Reserve grade side has a better pack then Souffs. I would know, i play for them. Souffs have nothing on us.

Galeforce

Bench
all talk ,let 2011 unfold the facts.

As for 2010 Roosters round 1 , yes when Souths almost had a fine pack on the field.
YES , "sh*t happens" . every lucky ball went Roosters way
ie. the Carney deadball ball flip , nice but lotto lucky. Merritt running towards open try line and ball flips from his arms..well lotto lucky for roosters. reverse both of those
and i believe Souths would have won, as the Carney flip and Merritt slip had huge confidence impacts to both teams , when game was winnable by both.history , my focus is 2011 now .

Liddell

Juniors
Has something changed since last year? Souths pack was pretty darn ordinary and certainly not the best.

Yet.. here were are in 2011 and that same pack is somehow being hyped up to be the best again.

I dont know, Sharks have finished last 2 years in a row, have added an injury prone 2nd rower and all of a sudden everyone rates them top 3.

As for 2010 Roosters round 1 , yes when Souths almost had a fine pack on the field.
ie. the Carney deadball ball flip , nice but lotto lucky. Merritt running towards open try line and ball flips from his arms..well lotto lucky for roosters. reverse both of those
and i believe Souths would have won, as the Carney flip and Merritt slip had huge confidence impacts to both teams , when game was winnable by both.history , my focus is 2011 now .

Yeah, if the Roosters hadn't scored all those tries, and Souffs scored a few more, they would have won. What a flukey win by the Roosters.

I googled Souths Pack and I got this picture and the slogan "In August again" with it

I wonder what they could mean?

packed-suitcase.jpg

Is that BunniesMan's suitcase?

Yep, it must be. Those are his thongs and slippers.

He wouldn't know though, because he neither cares about, nor buys his own clothes. :lol:

Carney showed desperation to get to the ball which no Souths player could be bothered to do.
Hardly "lucky."

Merritt dropped the ball. More of an incredibly bad mistake than luck.

Didgi

Merritt running towards open try line and ball flips from his arms..well lotto lucky for roosters

:lol: Oh dear. "Ball flips from his arms" or "He dropped it cold with no-one near him and a clear run to the tryline".

BunniesMan

Immortal
FMD i can't wait for the season to start so all the haters get put in their place by our amazing footy and dominating victory after dominating victory

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths pack slaughtered the Raiders in '10 after all the sh*t talking Shillington and co. did about their pack in the lead up to the game. Thats all there is to it, the burden is now on the Raiders to reclaim a win and prove they are better. When Souths pack is together they are great

However I think we seriously lack forward depth. Even more this year. We have way too many backs

grouch

First Grade

:lol::lol::lol:
For those poor simple fools out there seeking concrete evidence that Galeforce knew absolutely nothing about the game of rugby league... I submit to you defence exhibit A.

The defence rests.

Or we can't until the season starts and Souths start getting flogged again so you'll f**k off away from here and continue your mediocre and obviously unfulfilling sad excuse of an existance.

Souths showed that without Luke they had an average forward pack at best. I think the same would apply if Burgess missed an extended amount of games through injury. I'm more confident both the Canberra and Cronulla packs could still dominiate even if they were missing a key player

BunniesMan

Immortal
Or we can't until the season starts and Souths start getting flogged again so you'll f**k off away from here and continue your mediocre and obviously unfulfilling sad excuse of an existance.

Souths showed that without Luke they had an average forward pack at best. I think the same would apply if Burgess missed an extended amount of games through injury. I'm more confident both the Canberra and Cronulla packs could still dominiate even if they were missing a key player
Dominate? Are you listening to yourself? You mean Cronulla would be even closer to the spoon without Gallen than they already are? Dominate...they couldn't dominate their way out of a wet paper bag.

adamkungl

Immortal
Will BunniesMan start a new and gayer account when souffs don't make the 8 again?

Seriously my touch team has a better forward pack than souffs