What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the better forward pack?

Who has the better forward pack?

• Total voters

InThatNumber

Juniors
Exactly. It's all about actual achievement, not potential. Raiders pack is definitely established as the top pack in the game... That's not to say that a Burgess or Luke could not strengthen it further, but as a unit, they work best in the comp... definitely have it over the Dragons over the recent years, but that's just how it goes... some teams match up well against others.. Saints match up well with Dogs, Parra, Sharks, Roosters, Bunnies... (got the double/triple(roosters) against all of them last year) but struggle for whatever reason, with other teams, namely Canberra and Melbourne... other than winning another premiership in 2011.. I would love to win the games against Melbourne and Canberra this year...
Bunnies may prove to be a title challenger, but all this talk is purely that... Talk.

Where is Raiders-Premiers these days?

aqua_duck

Coach
Let's rank them
Burgess
Taylor
TLL
Lowe
Harrison
Fensom

When we have the 2 best of those two sets and 3 of the top 4, I think we clearly have the better backrow. Canberra doesn't have a terrible backrow but we happen to have the best in the comp.

When George Burgess is ready to partner up Asotasi we'll have one of the top 5 prop combos along with the 2nd best hooker in the game.

The best forward pack in the NRL.
if You honestly think Ben Lowe is better than Bronson Harrison you my friend are even more delusional than I thought

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ranked according to who?
TLL > Taylor
B Harrison > Lowe
Souths have far from the best back row in the comp.
Titans & sharks backrow are easily better.

And then you go onto to say an unproven prop will partner up with an over the hill one to form a top 5 prop combo.

This trolling business of yours is getting out of hand.

if You honestly think Ben Lowe is better than Bronson Harrison you my friend are even more delusional than I thought
Lowe was 18th man for QLD last year. I could see him making his origin debut this year. Bronson Harrison has played 7 tests for NZ since 2005.

A QLD 18th man >>> someone who can't be a kiwi regular.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
TLL has played for Australia and you ranked Taylor above him. What the hell are you talking about.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bronson is ten times the player Lowe will ever be.

If Bronson played for a glamour Sydney club Aka parra or saints he would be thought of as probably the best back rower going around

Last year saints and raiders were the best. Saints were the most consistent IMO, however with smith and coatigan leaving it takes away a lot of their intimidation this year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

so a bloke who has just the one quasi rep jersey as he can't make it onto the field for a state representative side over somone who has played a decent number of international games for his country..

okaaay.... so you're using your girlfriends approach to selecting boyfriends and applying it to football team selection..

BunniesMan

Immortal
This trolling business of yours is getting out of hand.
Just noticed this part. Well f**k you too. I'm not a troll. You don't have to agree with my opinions, you don't have to even like them. But calling it trolling is outright lying. Only I know if it's trolling and it's not trolling. It's my honest opinions and I'm allowed to have them as much as you are.
TLL has played for Australia and you ranked Taylor above him. What the hell are you talking about.
TLL is incredibly overrated. He is nothing special. I have an intense dislike for him. He's not half the player Taylor is.

typicalfan

Coach
TLL is so overrated that Petero stood himself down for a final last year. I would prefer to judge Petero and his opinion of other props over Bunnieslover.

Taylor is the guy who runs at centres and wingers off the back of the real forwards, TLL like the other elite props do the hard yards and are thus much much more valuable to their side.

to_ddeath

Coach
Lowe was 18th man for QLD last year. I could see him making his origin debut this year. Bronson Harrison has played 7 tests for NZ since 2005.

Yep, whatever.... and Sandow should be QLD halfback. Give us a break.

T.

Liddell

Juniors
Burgess makes Lowe and Faylor look good, although Burgess isn't yet the 'all time great immortal superstar God's second son' that he is made out to be by certain, mostly bandwagon, souths fans. His mistake rate is shocking. I'd rate this six in order:
1. Burgess and TLL
2. Harrison
3. Fensom and Faylor
then a considerable distance to Lowe.
Tongue is a fine leader who has served us well but he no longer makes my best Canberra 17.

The only position in the pack that Souths have an advantage is hooker. Which won't mean a thing because the halves Luke has to work with are inconsistent at best. But then again, all souths have to do to score points apparently is give the ball to Inglis who will score 800 tries this season alone.

I wouldn't rate Lowe that far behind, he was one of the most improved players in the comp last year, and earned that QLD call up.

On backrows, the Dogs would have to be up there when firing.

Eastwood
Pritchard
Stagg

mxlegend99

Referee
LMFAO @ calling TLL overrated and then going on to sing the praises of David Taylor.

David Taylor is one of the biggest blokes in the NRL and is always running the ball at centres and wingers and not willing to do any of the hard work. Despite the fact he chooses to pick on the little blokes, he still gets smashed on occassion by blokes that are half his size. :lol:

The second a bloke throws on a Souths jersey their fans seem to think he's some sort of god and that any player in a similar role that is far more talented is overrated.

Then the second there's even a rumour that they might be signing that overrated player to replace their god, they start singing the exact opposite tune.

If TLL was rumored to replace Taylor, Souths fans would be be stoked... and for good reason since he's a far better player in every area of the game.

natheel

Coach
im not voting on either i think sharks have a great forward pack tbh

In 2011 i can't see any packs being touted as 'sh*t' because in one way or another theyre all great in their own right.

Shakrs have a very solid pack of youth and experience but even the players with experience ie Smith, Gallen and Tupou are all still relativly young and have some good years ahead of them.

alot of people will question Parras pack becoz of the 'dads army' like look to it. but as a parra fan im excited to see how our pack shapes up for 2011.

we have players waiting in the wings to break into the NRL for us and we have players who r out to prove themselves like Webb and Maitua when hes back. which i think will really bring the best out of them.

I dont wnt to underestimate any forward pack in 2011 they have all either bought well or have juniors coming through that will do their clubs good service.