What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is/isn't finals bound.

Rovelli

Bench
Parra still alive after the win over the Chooks, but will need 3 of 4 to have a chance at qualifying

If the Knights win tomorrow, the Titans are out of the race, and it gets it down to Raiders, Dragons, Knights, Tigers, Warriors, Panthers and Eels for the last 3 spots. Tigers vs Eels will have potential to rub Parra out, and Knights vs Raiders will basically see the winner safe for a spot.

renouf

Juniors
The dragons should win against broncos,eels,warriors and roosters , when they pick thier attack up cant see any of those sides put much of a score against the dragons defense

Really? You seem mighty confident for a side that has lost 2 in a row now and looking a bit weary with injuries. Broncos, eels, warriors, roosters aren't guaranteed wins.

BWNB

First Grade
Forget penrith they shouldnt be thinking about it after losing by 62 points it would be embarrassment for the league.

The dragons should win against broncos,eels,warriors and roosters , when they pick thier attack up cant see any of those sides put much of a score against the dragons defense

But i agree on current form the broncos will be a test. if the dragons have picked up their form, then the results should go the way as mention above , dragons victory heres hoping

Dont be surprise to see broncos just hang on , i think they will finish 7th

No Dragons wont beat the Broncos, Warriors and maybe Roosters.

Gaba

First Grade
Really? You seem mighty confident for a side that has lost 2 in a row now and looking a bit weary with injuries. Broncos, eels, warriors, roosters aren't guaranteed wins.

The dragons seems majority of their wins against full strength broncos when they are depleted and on the broncos home ground too.

Saying that i think this should be gasnier last chance to score those 4 trys a game he been promising and never delivered this is the game, if not gasnier can f**k off

Eels vs the dragons had a few rough calls when the eels beat them, so that cant last the dragons should beat eels comfortably

Warriors i think being a dragons home will get them home

Roosters Like with the broncos and manly and goldcoast the dragons have wood on them and should continue.

As the teams who had the wood over the dragons ,canberra ,tigers , sharks they lost those games

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
No Dragons wont beat the Broncos,

As my post above states it seems the teams who has a good record over another one is winning, and since the dragons have the wood on the broncos even though the broncos all but this year game been full strength , the dragons seems to beat them no matter whether on majority of times the depleted dragons or dragons at full strength

Last edited:

imasharkie

Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I still think Knights are real chance.

Raiders will make it.

Broncos, Titans and possibly Dragons after they lose tomorrow will be looking very shaky.

I don't know how the Panthers can go with an injured Pritchard aswell.

I can see you winning 4 games - Rabbitohs/Eels/Titans/Cowboys
losses - Raiders/Storm/Broncos

This would give you 26 points.

at this point my prediction is heading in the right direction, jono.

Jono078

Referee
Nice stuff imasharkie.

I think 2/4 is still very possible for us.

I think we'll take it the Raiders and not let them get in a rhythm and frustrate them

Cowboys should be a win but i'm very wary of that one.

I think Broncos will be very beatable as well. But Bennett's last home game at Suncorp they'll be motivated.

Knight87

Juniors
Nice stuff imasharkie.

I think we'll take it the Raiders and not let them get in a rhythm and frustrate them

I think Broncos will be very beatable as well. But Bennett's last home game at Suncorp they'll be motivated.

You forgot to mention the Storm game at EAS. Yes, I know its against the Storm and they'll definitely start favourites in that game, but being Bedsy's last game in Newcastle and the Old Boys match, that extra bit of motivation, grit and determination could be enough to just get across the line in that match. In the corresponding match last year, with a lot inferior side, we came agonisingly close to defeating the Storm. Too bad this game isn't on a Sunday afternoon, the place would be packed to the rafters. I will say that if the Knights can pull of an upset in Canberra next week, there definitely won't be any fear factor in them when they take on the Cowboys, Storm and Broncos.

Interesting. I was listening to the post-match wrap tonight on Triple M and someone rung in saying that if he was to have a bit of a punt on a 'dark horse' to win the premiership, who would it be. Gus Gould said Newcastle. He said their unpredictability and their great style of play (unlike the Roosters and Sharks, who just put up cross field kicks) will trouble a lot of teams, if they make the 8. He even said that the Knights have a better chance of winning the comp than the Roosters and Sharks combined.

Last edited:

imasharkie

Coach
Nice stuff imasharkie.

mate, if you can get over the Raiders, you're in.
good luck in your quest.
both Knights and Raiders will test the teams who finish in the 8 come semis time.

Jono078

Referee
TBH i'm very confident against the Storm at home aswell.

I'm confident in getting a win in all our games.

The Storm played their toughest game of the year, last time something similar happened it was the Knights Vs Cowboys in '06 which was built up as a possible Grand Final match and both teams used up so much energy they went pretty average the following few weeks.

So I think the Storm are a bit softened up now and now is the best chance to get a win over them.

If Raiders and Knights make the finals it can seriously be considered a finals where anyone from 1-8 can win the comp.

adamkungl

Immortal
When the question was first asked a few weeks ago who would escape the logjam, I picked Raiders and Knights. As someone said, both could challenge anyone in the finals. Could we see 8th place win a game for the first time?

Knight87

Juniors
Possibly. As you know, since the inauguration of the McIntyre 8 system in 1999, 8th has never beaten 1st in week 1 (although the Sharks should've beaten Brisbane in 2000, but that costly bobble over the line by the Sharks player cost them the game, when they were well in the lead against Brisbane)

Red Bear

Referee
3 of tigers knights raiders dragons warriors eels i guess
i think titans are shot
tigers knights raiders are my pick at the moment.

Warriors seem like they'll just miss out
Dragons are on the slide
Eels are still sh*t

Kiki

First Grade
i dont think the dragons are gonna do much for the rest of the year. im ready for 2009.

Kiki

First Grade
well theres 2 dragons teams. the sublime and the ridiculous. if the sublime team turns up they can beat anyone on their day (expect maybe the storm). but they dont show up near often enough.

this year has been too disruptive with Gaz leaving and what not. im over it, just ready for next year!

Latest posts