What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is/isn't finals bound.

petetheileet

First Grade
Saints are having big injuries at a very bad time....

Our huge pack has been winning us games...now we face a month without Poore, Ryles and Creagh.

Manly
Melbourne
Cronulla
Brisbane
Easts
Tigers
Newcastle
Dragons

no reason to chose you, just needed something to quote and add weight to this/make it look important.

and it is:

there won't be much to look forward too in coming years.

if sonny bill gets away with his shoot-e-do, dont you think other high quality players will go.

nrl is going down, and a pity, as top 8 is a bit of a joke too

thug jimmy

Juniors
no reason to chose you, just needed something to quote and add weight to this/make it look important.

and it is:

there won't be much to look forward too in coming years.

if sonny bill gets away with his shoot-e-do, dont you think other high quality players will go.

nrl is going down, and a pity, as top 8 is a bit of a joke too
yeah so you keep telling us.
but who exactly are you and what are you doing to stop it?

Red Bear

Referee
I think you can put a lock on

Manly
Melbourne
Easts
Cronulla
Brisbane

Last 3 will come from
dragons tigers panthers warriors knights raiders

I think dragons tigers knights

lockyno1

Post Whore
Raiders out of all the sides have the easiest run home. Luckily the loss last week didn't affect them much. I have them finishing 6th.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the top 5 are set in stone... the dragons will do just enough to make it... penrith will slide out of the 8, canberra will run 6th. 8th will be on f/a between the tigers and knights.... my best guess right now is the knights.... not that it matters as either side along with dragons will just be cannon fodder for melbourne and manly... canberra will go out in straight sets but will give fair accounts of themselves in both finals games

Ribs

Bench
Manly were a far better team last year, I cant understand why everyone fears them.

Jono078

Referee
Id rather play Manly than Storm.

We got Manly early in the year, then they got us during origin, only by a small amount considering who we had out, they werent that convincing.

perverse

Referee
:roll:FMD Perverse, no-one is writing the knights off.

It seems the ladder predictor is not far away.

http://www.nrl.com/ladderpredictor/
yeah, poor wording perhaps. we just don't seem to feature in anyones final predictions (until my post that is). writing off is pretty strong terminology, you're right.
I doubt the Knights will make it with their run home
i considered being "realistic" about it too (or cautiously pessimistic) however i think our chances are pretty decent. every game over the next couple of weeks (just as it has been the last 2 weeks) is a season defining game. well, we've won the last 2 convincingly (albeit against poor opposition) and if we can get a third on the trot against the tits this weekend i think we'll be odds on to go on with it and win at least 2 of our last 4.

keeping buderus on the field is an absolute must too. not to be overly melodramatic or anything... but it could all fall to sh*t if we can't keep him out there. i was very happy to see him getting a rest after the game was pretty muc done and dusted against parra.

perverse

Referee
Manly were a far better team last year, I cant understand why everyone fears them.
i disagree... i think manly are better this year, and melbourne a bit worse. manly's forward pack is currently the difference between them last year and this year, and they've well and truly recovered from losing monas.

Shorty

Staff member
yeah, poor wording perhaps. we just don't seem to feature in anyones final predictions (until my post that is). writing off is pretty strong terminology, you're right.
Well they're tied with several other teams on the ladder.
There's not much between those teams all have shown glimpses of brilliance at least 4...(Knights,Warriors,Canberra,Titans) have upset teams currently residing in the top 4.
So it's a bit difficult to predict at the moment.

perverse

Referee
Well they're tied with several other teams on the ladder.
There's not much between those teams all have shown glimpses of brilliance at least 4...(Knights,Warriors,Canberra,Titans) have upset teams currently residing in the top 4.
So it's a bit difficult to predict at the moment.
it's true, however that being the case one would imagine there would be a reasonably even spread of people tipping us for the 8, and not tipping us for the 8. as it stands 0% thought we'd make the prior to my post... and the intention of said post was to point that out and gauge non-knights supporters responses/opinions on how the knights are travelling, however i clearly have got my wording a little askew for the more anally retentive of us on here.

my apologies.

and yes, it's nearly impossible to pick it at the moment. the battle for the last 3 spots in the finals is going to be quite intense... with high stakes matches every week from now leading into the finals.