What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is/isn't finals bound.

Slackboy72

Coach
Ahh it's a funny game football...
Anything can realistically happen in ten weeks but for mine the Sea Eagles, Sharks, Dragons and Rabbits are hitting some form.
I see the Storm improving with their stars back and the Eels will start to hit some form too.
All things aside this is an approximation of how I see the final ladder:
Sharks 40
Manly 36
Melbourne 36
Roosters 34
Dragons 32
Eels 30
Broncos 29
Titans 28
Tigers 26
Raiders 26
Knights 26
Panthers 25
Warriors 24
Rabbitohs 24
Bulldogs 18
Cowboys 14

I think this weeks game against Saints will decide if we will make the finals. It's a bit early to make that sort of statement but it will give an indication as to if we are able to beat higher ranked teams later in the season. If we can't beat the Dragons we won't make the 8.

Special K

Coach
Ahh it's a funny game football...
Anything can realistically happen in ten weeks but for mine the Sea Eagles, Sharks, Dragons and Rabbits are hitting some form.
I see the Storm improving with their stars back and the Eels will start to hit some form too.
All things aside this is an approximation of how I see the final ladder:
Sharks 40
Manly 36
Melbourne 36
Roosters 34
Dragons 32
Eels 30
Broncos 29
Titans 28
Tigers 26
Raiders 26
Knights 26
Panthers 25
Warriors 24
Rabbitohs 24
Bulldogs 18
Cowboys 14
No way we finish on 40!!

Inferno

Coach
lol, not a chance.

I think we are certain to make the finals, but hopefully should be pushing for the top 4.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Panthers 17 points, need 6 wins from 10 games – in danger
EELS, Knights, TITANS, Tigers, MANLY, RAIDERS, Bulldogs, Storm, WARRIORS, Manly

If we beat Eels we may turn the corner, if not then goodbye 2008. Still alot of those games are winnable with the players we have, but we have a nuffy coaching us who refuses to let Sammut play and persists with Lewis at half, which is just not his position although he's done well under the circumstances. Realistically we win maybe another 4 games and finish 3 points adrift. Hope they surprise me for once in a positive way.

tiger_nick

Bench
Certainties: Roosters, Storm, Sea Eagles, Sharks - will be the top 4

The next four will come from: Broncos, Eels, Dragons, Knights, Raiders, Panthers, Titans.

Eels and Broncos will more then likely be there, toss a coin for the other two spots.

No chance - Rabbits, Warriors, Dogs, Tigers, Cowboys

tiger_nick

Bench
Canberra need 6 wins to make it
17 Storm (A) - Lose
18 Dragons (A) - Lose
19 Roosters (H) - 50/50
20 Titans (H) - WIN (titans are sh*te away from home)
21 Broncos (A) - Lose
22 Panthers (H) - WIN (at home against a side we've had the number of recently)
23 Knights (H) - WIN (tough game and could reaslistically decide one teams fate, at home we should win imo)
24 Rabbitohs (A) - WIN (Rabbits will be out of the running by then, we have a good record at telstra, i think we can do them)
25 Cowboys (A) - WIN (the cowboys are rubbish this year)
26 Bulldogs (H) - WIN (At home, we should win this one too)

looking at that i think the raiders can easily qualify.

the last 5 games are all extremely winnable and they should beat the titans at home. plus they have good records against the dragons and
roosters.

_Johnsy

Referee
broncos have to be the biggest wildcard of the bunch. in previous season rounds 18 onwards havent been kind to the broncos, but wed have accrued enough points in the earlier sides to make the finals. this year isnt the case, theres no way we make the finals if we win 2 from our remaining games.

However, key guys like lockyer, wallace and hodges have had a nice little rest and will be refreshed come end of season. I honestly think if we manage to make the top 5 with a good run of form and a fit lockyer, wallace, hodges and hunt, the premiership will be ours to lose.

FMD, QLDérs say NSWélshamn are an arrogant bunch. Fit lockyer and a lockyer on the field are two completely different things.

mongoose

Coach
looking at that i think the raiders can easily qualify.

the last 5 games are all extremely winnable and they should beat the titans at home. plus they have good records against the dragons and
roosters.

we have a pretty good run home but that doesn't mean anything with this team. If we end up beating the roosters or dragons we will consequencely lose to the cowboys and dogs.

Dutchy

Immortal
Titans could be in some trouble if they drop this Fridays game against Manly.

This was said Tuesday. Since then they lost Prince.

They stood up and gave it to Manly tonight. But I dont think they can put a performance like that week in week out.

They dont have a favourable run home, and that is two home losses in a row.

_Johnsy

Referee
IMO if the warriors, knights or raiders lose next week. They are almost gone for the year. They need to win the next 2 games to have any realistic chance to make it.

2 biggest games next week Panthers V Knights, Dragons V Raiders.

Roosters 26
Sharks 26
Manly 26
Melbourne 24
Dragons 22
Broncos 21
Titans 20
Panthers 19
Eels 18
Tigers 18
Raiders 16
Knights 16
Warriors 16
Rabbitohs 12 Game in hand
Bulldogs 12 Game in hand
Cowboys 10

Mind you I have awarded the Panthers 2 points from todays game. This will almost ensure a parra win :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Parra no.
Penrith yes, If they can continue playing like today. Civenoceva has to be the buy of the year.

_Johnsy

Referee
I would not write parra off yet, not by a longshot. They can be awful one week, and world beaters the next.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Parra would be a real danger side if they were to sneak into the 8. I don't think too many coaches would want to play them.

I still think they'll be there in 7th or 8th.

tiger_nick

Bench
its hard to imagine parra not making the 8, i think they'll take the titans spot and the other 7 there will remain.

Twigg

Juniors
broncos have to be the biggest wildcard of the bunch. in previous season rounds 18 onwards havent been kind to the broncos, but wed have accrued enough points in the earlier sides to make the finals. this year isnt the case, theres no way we make the finals if we win 2 from our remaining games.

However, key guys like lockyer, wallace and hodges have had a nice little rest and will be refreshed come end of season. I honestly think if we manage to make the top 5 with a good run of form and a fit lockyer, wallace, hodges and hunt, the premiership will be ours to lose.

Yes we do have a favourable run home, but if we get the sh*t "slump" thing happening then we won't even make the eight.

I am also scared of the Cowboys game. Don't ask, I just find playing them in Rounds 19/20 a curse. 2 years ago they started our slump, last year Lockyer f**ked up. What next....

Latest posts