What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best junior player you have seen ?

Tank30

Juniors
A young guy named Fred Borg, was a 95kg 6ft halfback....The most naturally talented footballer I have seen in the lower grades...Wasn't too keen on training though...Played Ball for parra in 93 or 94.....

Yesp, we led 22-8, Sterlo was on fire, then Brisbane came back and won 24-22 infront of a capacity crowd.

I was only ten but that match stands out as one of my favourites.

Leeds also that game i'm sure missed a goal from in front and dropped a few bombs.
Leeds missed Terry Matterson one on one 30mtrs out that led to a try.
that was the turning point in that game, Liddard off Leeds on.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yesp, we led 22-8, Sterlo was on fire, then Brisbane came back and won 24-22 infront of a capacity crowd.

Leeds also that game i'm sure missed a goal from in front and dropped a few bombs.

Ha! I still remember the day we led Brisbane 14-6 at half-time ... and lost 60-14!

parra pete

Referee

I vividly recall that match. We had our Motel then, and I was working in the office so I refused to listen to the game and waited until it came on TV..I remember my youngest daughter (she would have been 12 or 13) coming out when Leeds was lining up a kick on full time to draw the game and saying "Dad, don't go crook on him if he misses"...Talk about killing the moment..
She had been listening to the game on the radio earlier in the afternoon :fist:
Life is a bundle of laughs isn't it. "What ye sow, so shall ye reap"

parra pete

Referee
Yes, but as that game the same day as the Brisbane game in 1990?
I'm certain it was, could be wrong though...

Ron, you know how much it hurts me to tell you are wrong..but I can't spare you the pain on this occasion. Mate you are wrong..Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. ;-) :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron, you know how much it hurts me to tell you are wrong..but I can't spare you the pain on this occasion. Mate you are wrong..Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. ;-) :lol:

I'm not saying it was the game, what i'm saying is that were Parramatta playing Souths in the Presidents Cup match that day before the Brisbane game, just remember Penna having a blinder that's all.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I vividly recall that match. We had our Motel then, and I was working in the office so I refused to listen to the game and waited until it came on TV..I remember my youngest daughter (she would have been 12 or 13) coming out when Leeds was lining up a kick on full time to draw the game and saying "Dad, don't go crook on him if he misses"...Talk about killing the moment..
She had been listening to the game on the radio earlier in the afternoon :fist:
Life is a bundle of laughs isn't it. "What ye sow, so shall ye reap"

It was a great game, how we lost it i have no idea!

parra pete

Referee
I'm not saying it was the game, what i'm saying is that were Parramatta playing Souths in the Presidents Cup match that day before the Brisbane game, just remember Penna having a blinder that's all.

Don't know...I couldn't imagine it though (ie playing the Rabbitohs as a curtain raiser to the Bronc's)
Are you sure the Bronco's didn't have a reserve grade team at the time?

mackdadday

Juniors
Had high hopes for Dallas Weston when he was a bear. Damaging runner but couldnt hold onto the ball...

Freak2

Juniors
Feliti Mateo is the best Parra junior I can recall.

I remember going to the World Sevens one year and watching Mateo play in an exhibition match for his school Terrasencta College. OH MY GOD!!!

I contacted our clubs junior development officer at the time and asked him which club this kid was linked too.

My joy when told he was an Eel was on show for the entire SFS!!!

However IMO the best junior of all time was a fellow by the name of Owen Craegie!!

The Colonel

Immortal
that would be joe delana... a fijian boy! was an australian school boy FB and 5/8...unreal talent. Out of the blue parra gave him the flick...he went to souths and spiralled nowhere! think he played PL or 1 nrl?
then went to unio now nothing....
parra ruined him

That is him. Was an amazing talent. Fantastic young player in the lower grades. Not much of a defender but damn he could score from anywhere.

Latest posts