What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your most hated team and why?

Mark Rudd

Juniors
The NRL split the profits with news ltd and the ARL.
News pump their profits into the Storm to the value of 8mil per year.
The ARL would spend the profits on junior footy, bush footy and improvements putting money back into the game.

News pump the Storm with cash not the game
What has Melbourne done for the game other than suck up cash better spent elsewhere and bring the shame on the game with their arrogant fraud ?[/]

Better question would've been what has the NRL done for the game. Some of the biggest crowds each week in SYD/BNE are from AFL. THAT's emabarrasing for the NATIONAL Rugby League.

In the first couple years of the Storm in Victoria, Melbourne had ONE RL development officer for the game. AFL had SIXTY in Sydney. 10 years of Rl in Victoria with a National comp and STILL no live TV for RL.

The NRL run the game. Evidently...

_Johnsy

Referee
Storm - Their players & club administrators (until sacked) believe that they have done nothing wrong, that they deserve their premierships and their ability to not man up and take responsibility for what they have done to the game. Their fans inability to admit their club has done nothing but give the game bad PR. The club has always had a shocking stench about it & they always will.

I agree with JW word for word. Broncos - The most arrogant team and fans I have ever come across (I have never been to another ground where home team fans think its funny to throw cups full of urine over opposing fans. Also their fans can very rarely accept that they were not good enoough, it is always an external cause why they lost, eg. Ref, sydney conspiracy. Also, they did everything possible to hold their monopoly in SEQ to the detriment of the game. Oh and John Ribot.

Better question would've been what has the NRL done for the game.

The more important question is what has Melbourne ever done for the game. The only thing they are capable of doing is cheat and refuse to accept responsibility, it is everyone elses fault. The entire club has no backbone or integrity.

One Warrior

Bench
Used to be the Roosters, beat us in 02 Grand Final and Ricky Stuart coach. Now however its the Storm and this was before the breach, highlighted by when beat we the cheats in the 08 semi, current situation makes that victory even sweeter. Oh and we beat them again tonight, haha.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
the central coast

whiniest pack of fans ever, acting like the have some divine right to have a team and all around being completely irritating.

88.Knights

Juniors
apart from everyone's automatic hatred of brisbane broncoks which is just a given, it would have to be parramatta.
-worst excuse for fans in the comp, fickle as all heck, only know wen there winning (proven by pretty much the entire bay i was in getin up n leaving at halftime of the 01 gf, so great givin to all the fickle eels fans as they deserted their team. oh and of course the end of last year everyone jumpin on the eels bandwagon sayin they've been fans for life pffft)
-electronic parra chant at their stadium
-sydney media loveclub, constant talkin up of jarryd hayne wen hes had a pretty sh*t year n only startin to play alright in the last couple.

oh and feelin a lot of hate for the panthers atm, for the biggest bomb of a game ever, absolute pathetic, i can see it "parra's back" all over the papers n footy shows tomorrow, wat a load of garbage.

stormbati

Bench
Dragons - because of Johnsy, Nah your not that bad
I'll have to say Broncos only because 3/4 of my family support them.

I'm surprised a few people named the Titans. Thy haven't been around long enough to make an impression for me.

Parra - The media love them, and after watching that game, FMD. Warren Smith blew his
load while Hayne ran away to score. We'll all heat about it tomorrow I'm sure.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
The C#nterbury Bulldogs- I despise everything about that club and their fans! Then followed by Scumnulla, Storm, Souths and the Tigers.

mrpwnd

Bench
Mine changes. I hated the Roosters for ages mainly because of their association with Gould. At the moment it's Parra because of the media's drooling over them at all times despite results.
Kind of like Ben Teo?
I doubt people would give a rats ass if him and half the new broncos squad didn't lick the balls of the media every pre-post match

My pick goes for the storm - self explanatory
Although maybe broncos simply to piss this bloke off.

Scarves

Juniors
Always a difficult question this.

I've cooled down on Wests since the merger with the Tigers, the intense dislike just isn't there anymore. I miss the clashes with North Bears but the rivalry was more of a local respect than hatred.

On Cronulla, I just do not know what that club stands for, it's not hatred as such but I find it diffiuclt to respect the joint, especially after absconding to Super League's cash salvation they were keen to destroy any ARL club and take their junior area's. Now they are garbage again and in reality have been wasting everyone's time for too long now.

As a Manly fan the team I feel happiest/greatest after a victory is when we beat Parramatta, it's more relief than anything, especially in more recent times as I seem to be surrounded by more and more eels fans since the Hayne Train started making unscheduled stops throughout glorified media land. In reallity I've never liked Parramatta, they are our biggest rivals.

I've never liked Souths. Period.

thommo4pm

Coach
Parra are right up there at the moment. Their bandwagon fans drive me nuts.

Here's hoping the Dogs (who I can't stand much either) give them a hammering next week.

pk76

Juniors
1. Manly - they are scums. Ken Arthurson can go to hell.
2. Bulldogs - always been arrogant. Their fans in recent years have made it easier to hate them.
3. Storm - WrestleMania. Smith. Slater and his inferiority complex. Brett White 'courageously' ripping pectoral muscle off a player in a gang tackle.
4. Roosters - Rorting scums, although I like their coach.

Manly - pure hatred. A tradition pass on from my father and now passed on to my son, any sign of respect shown towards the scum over the spit bridge was met with a beating.

:lol::lol:

My kind of parenting!

oval

Juniors
Melbourne Storm - my hatred of this "club" borders on irrational, but I just can't help but despise absolutely everything about them. But their supreme dislikeability is also what draws me in - I look forward to the Storm playing at Brookvale more than any other game. They're coming in a few weeks and I cannot wait! Die Melbourne, DIE!!

The broncos suck the big one as well.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Translation: the 99 grand final.

I hated them from the first time I heard of them in 1997. John Ribot had something to do with that. Their first up win against the Steelers and the long winning run they went on at the beginning of 98 after being widely tipped to win the spoon cemented the hate. Obviously the 99 GF made me hate them even more, as has virtually everything the scum club has ever done, like introducing wrestling and blatantly cheating their way to success, and believing their sh*t doesn't stink.

Since when were Melbourne given a 'massive leg-up at the expence of other teams'?

The NRL have never done enough for the Storm.

Every News-owned team was given a leg-up and an unfair advantage over the ARL-loyal teams under the rigged "criterea". Melbourne as the least financially viable was thus given the biggest leg-up. Imagine what the Reds could have done with the helping-hand the Storm have received over their entire existence.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I hated them from the first time I heard of them in 1997. John Ribot had something to do with that. Their first up win against the Steelers and the long winning run they went on at the beginning of 98 after being widely tipped to win the spoon cemented the hate. Obviously the 99 GF made me hate them even more, as has virtually everything the scum club has ever done, like introducing wrestling and blatantly cheating their way to success, and believing their sh*t doesn't stink.

Every News-owned team was given a leg-up and an unfair advantage over the ARL-loyal teams under the rigged "criterea". Melbourne as the least financially viable was thus given the biggest leg-up. Imagine what the Reds could have done with the helping-hand the Storm have received over their entire existence.

You do realise the newly formed club Illawarrage Dragons waqs given salary cap concessions in '99. Clearly given a 'leg up' as a reward for merging, thus enabling you to retain an awesome squad that made it to the grand final.

Personally I am amused when a wooden spoon favourite rallies for a winning run.

Anyway - team I hate the most - hands down Manly and will always be Manly. WHERE THE F**K are the BEARS? And can Graham Lowe just piss off already.

little_aza

Juniors
Suprised at the lack of Melbourne hate actually. I know if I supported another team, I'd probably want Melbourne dead.

Also surprised at the Titans hate. I really didn't think they'd been around long enough to be hated so much.

For me, I really don't have much hate. It's usually something quite irrational, or usually has something to do with who is having a good run against Melbourne. In 2004-6 it was the Warriors and the Roosters (the irrational hate). In 2007-2008 it was Manly; in 2007-9 it was Parramatta. Now, no one really - we're finished already lol. But in saying that, I doubt I could ever cheer for the Dragons (maybe that's just a general Melbourne disliking: we're not meant to like them?), Parramatta or Manly.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
You do realise the newly formed club Illawarrage Dragons waqs given salary cap concessions in '99. Clearly given a 'leg up' as a reward for merging, thus enabling you to retain an awesome squad that made it to the grand final.

You think I'm unaware of the situation surrounding the virtual death of my team? The salary cap concession (which applied for two years, and din't help us much in 2000) was, as you said, a reward for the two clubs sacrificing their identity for the greater good of the game. Of course I would not expect a Broncos fan to understand "sacrifice" and "greater good", except in the sense that others should make sacrifices for their greater good.