What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who shot Isaac Luke?

BranVan3000

Coach
:lol: That's a terrible comparison. Luke stayed down until the ref blew his whistle. Once they got the penalty he was up and celebrating.

Boxers don't get up and walk around as if nothing happened after being knocked out.
I'm not sure how he was celebrating? His team mates swamped him but he looked pretty dazed

Vic Mackey

Referee
Meh it's pretty simple IMO

Was it worth a penalty? Yes

Was it report worthy? Not even close

Did Luke stay down? Of course!

Would I want a tigers player to stay down in similar circumstances? Yes

The fact that it was not report worthy means it should NOT have been penalized by the video ref. Answer this souths fans. If Luke had of been given a penalty for a strip, then the video ref looks at it, see's he just lost it and give the cowboys a scrum feed, would you all blow up???

It would be exactly the same as what happened last night

franklin2323

Immortal
Oh man. Funny, a few seconds later when the penalty was confirmed he was quite happy to have people hugging him and giving him a pat.
Exactly. If he was ko'd he would of been hunched over or sitting getting attention from the trainers like with 'real' hits.

As for Anti-souths bias. I want Warriors to get a home final. So a Souths win is good for that

Apey

Staff member
Anyone who has done a bit of boxing will know that the jaw is a weak spot. If you look at his eyes glaze over in the front on shot, I would say it's pretty obvious he copped a good one. I'd say he was shaken up by the hit.

Haha it was clearly an act DkoR. I see it worked on you though.

If Luke doesn't dive. The penalty isn't awarded. You see 2-3 of those a week missed yet in extra time a player stays down the video ref gets involved.

Luke ko'd please. Show me footage of anyone jumping up cheering a couple of minutes later. It was a dog act

This pretty much sums it up. It was worth a penalty and Luke certainly knew that.

Gotta love it when they act dead and then all of a sudden they are okay again "We need water!" :lol:

Big Sam

First Grade
The question we should be asking is why does a player have to fake an injury to get what was clearly a penalty? What were both referees watching?

BranVan3000

Coach
Meh it's pretty simple IMO

Was it worth a penalty? Yes

Was it report worthy? Not even close

Did Luke stay down? Of course!

Would I want a tigers player to stay down in similar circumstances? Yes

The fact that it was not report worthy means it should NOT have been penalized by the video ref. Answer this souths fans. If Luke had of been given a penalty for a strip, then the video ref looks at it, see's he just lost it and give the cowboys a scrum feed, would you all blow up???

It would be exactly the same as what happened last night
I don't get this video ref argument? It's not like play had continued and they called the ball back, the ref went straight to the video to clarify what had happened. You're arguing Segeyaro should have gotten away with it cause the ref didn't spot it clearly? The idiot went in with a closed fist

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The question we should be asking is why does a player have to fake an injury to get what was clearly a penalty? What were both referees watching?

He was faking the penalty before he hit the ground. He really needs to take some acting classes. It was a clear penalty, but it should have been revoked for such a pathetic display.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm not sure how he was celebrating? His team mates swamped him but he looked pretty dazed

After Sandow and co got off him he was fine and dandy and celebrating the inevitable victory.

As I posted in the Game Spoiler thread, Segeyaro hit him high and it was a penalty any day of the week. The Cowboys also blew the game in the previous set by not taking advantage of starting on the 50m line. They could have set up 20m out and right in front, but they ended up over on the left and Bowen had to take a shot on an angle.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't get this video ref argument? It's not like play had continued and they called the ball back, the ref went straight to the video to clarify what had happened. You're arguing Segeyaro should have gotten away with it cause the ref didn't spot it clearly? The idiot went in with a closed fist

Mate the rule is that the video ref can only get involved if it's worthy being put on report. As far as high shots go this was the lowest of low scale ones. Definetaly penalty but in no way is it report worthy.

As I said lets imagine souths got a penalty for a strip, then the video ref sees it and says 'no he knocked it on' and the ref over rules his decision. It would be exact the same.

You do realise that as a tigers fan I was going for souths hardcore right? I'm just able to see what happened objectively.

isaiah

Bench
worse was against the same cowboys 2 weeks before, romelo should have been given 10 weeks for bringing the game into disrepute, we have to stamp out simulation before it gets entrenched in our game

Two weeks ago Jason Nightingale took a dive against the Tigers towards the end of the game. From the ensuing penalty the Dragons scored which put them ahead. Nightingale wouldn't have stayed down if it weren't at such a crucial moment of the game. But I don't begrudge him for taking the penalty. It was an illegal hit by Fulton and should've been picked up by the refs at first instance. The same goes for Luke. He had every right to stay down. Off the top of my head the only player to find himself in that situation who didn't play for the penalty was Warea Hargreaves in the semi last year.

Two weeks ago Jason Nightingale took a dive against the Tigers towards the end of the game. From the ensuing penalty the Dragons scored which put them ahead. Nightingale wouldn't have stayed down if it weren't at such a crucial moment of the game. But I don't begrudge him for taking the penalty. It was an illegal hit by Fulton and should've been picked up by the refs at first instance. The same goes for Luke. He had every right to stay down. Off the top of my head the only player to find himself in that situation who didn't play for the penalty was Warea Hargreaves in the semi last year.

It is smart play to stay down if it will win you the game. It is a pity that the video refs seem to favour some sides. How Lote didn't get the penalty for knees in the back last year is still a disgraceful video ref decision especially since the guy was charged. I know at the refs meeting on the monday afterwards about 95% of the refs and touch judges thought the Tigers should have been given the penalty.

It is smart play to stay down if it will win you the game. It is a pity that the video refs seem to favour some sides. How Lote didn't get the penalty for knees in the back last year is still a disgraceful video ref decision especially since the guy was charged. I know at the refs meeting on the monday afterwards about 95% of the refs and touch judges thought the Tigers should have been given the penalty.

We've had enough lucky calls this year to last a lifetime. Maybe it's all karma.

Paullyboy

Coach
I hate divers, I really do, it's the worst thing about modern rugby league. Cowboys players have every right to spit on that dog in disgust as he lies there, bet he'd magically be able to get to his feet if that happened!

Meth

Staff member
Reading the live updates on LU's front page this morning, I was expecting a much, much 'better' dive than this. I was disappointed.

Questionable sportsmanship, but unquestionably a penalty.

Move on

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Reading the live updates on LU's front page this morning, I was expecting a much, much 'better' dive than this. I was disappointed.

Questionable sportsmanship, but unquestionably a penalty.

Move on

Is anyone actually questioning the penalty decision?

isaiah

Bench

not smart at all, we dont want win at all costs like italian football

BunniesMan

Immortal
Made contact with the head. It's a high tackle. An illegal tackle. Worthy of a penalty. End of discussion.

And you f**kwits claiming he acted, you don't know shit. You can cop a massive belting to the head and walk away without a problem. You can die from a lovetap. The head is a very complicated part of the body and how heavy the blow is isn't always in direct proportion to the severity of the effect on the guy on the receiving end.

I'm a boxing fan, I've seen massive hits from blokes far stronger than you and I do absolutely nothing to the other guy, I've seen much softer hits KTFO of a fighter if it's timed well and hits him at the right angle.

None of you know if Luke acted here, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.