What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who shot Isaac Luke?

BunniesMan

Immortal
And if JT had done the same thing up the other end to win the Cows the game, I wonder how the Souffs fans would have reacted?
If one of my players smacked him on the mouth I'd be blowing up at my player for doing something so stupid at such a crucial time.

Again, if Luke doesn't get hit high with an illegal tackle, all the theatrics in the world wouldn't have got us the penalty.

Broncomum

Juniors
Well I think you will find the situation WAS milked for all it was worth and that much has been admitted!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...hrilling-nrl-win/story-fn2mcuj6-1226118643089

Despite being injured, Luke admitted he stayed down longer than usual at the encouragement of teammates, who could sense they were about to be handed a dramatic win.

"I didn't want to lay down there but a few of the boys were saying stay down but I'm not a big fan of laying down anyway," said an honest Luke at Souths' recovery session on Saturday.

"It was a bit staged that one. My mum and I watched that after and I looked at my mum and I put my head down, and she was just laughing her head off.

Now whether we should swallow the 'even mum said I dived' cr@p or not depends on how closely we watch our diet I guess. But I sure as hell wouldn't be proud of a team who bands together to do their milking, how pathetic!

I will be sure to cheer EXTRA loudly when their efforts are proved to be in vain come finals time.

The rules governing when video Refs can intervene in a game should be fixed up:

In the definitive moment of the match, Luke lay motionless on the ground after being accidentally struck by the Cowboys' replacement hooker.

The pause in play allowed video referee Sean Hampstead to view the incident, and he sent the message down that Segeyaro should go on report, meaning a penalty kick was gifted to Souths from right in front, 30 metres out - keeping their season alive.

Why can some things be blatantly missed yet 'if there's a pause in play' other things get ruled upon?

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Referee
Well I think you will find the situation WAS milked for all it was worth and that much has been admitted!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...hrilling-nrl-win/story-fn2mcuj6-1226118643089

Despite being injured, Luke admitted he stayed down longer than usual at the encouragement of teammates, who could sense they were about to be handed a dramatic win.

"I didn't want to lay down there but a few of the boys were saying stay down but I'm not a big fan of laying down anyway," said an honest Luke at Souths' recovery session on Saturday.

"It was a bit staged that one. My mum and I watched that after and I looked at my mum and I put my head down, and she was just laughing her head off.

Now whether we should swallow the 'even mum said I dived' cr@p or not depends on how closely we watch our diet I guess. But I sure as hell wouldn't be proud of a team who bands together to do their milking, how pathetic!

I will be sure to cheer EXTRA loudly when their efforts are proved to be in vain come finals time.

50uff$ wont be around come finals time.

BunniesMan

Immortal

The rules governing when video Refs can intervene in a game should be fixed up:

In the definitive moment of the match, Luke lay motionless on the ground after being accidentally struck by the Cowboys' replacement hooker.

The pause in play allowed video referee Sean Hampstead to view the incident, and he sent the message down that Segeyaro should go on report, meaning a penalty kick was gifted to Souths from right in front, 30 metres out - keeping their season alive.

Why can some things be blatantly missed yet 'if there's a pause in play' other things get ruled upon?
Yeah it's pathetic that we made sure the right decision was made. Not pathetic at all and not a dive. We deserved a high tackle penalty and we got one. That's all there is to it.

goosie

Juniors
bunnies would have won the game anyway. plus contact to the head mate that was a penalty anyway.

Broncomum

Juniors
50uff$ wont be around come finals time.

Oh that's what I mean; when the final standing come out before finals time, maybe then 50uff$ will realise that you win on talent, not on big noting, bad acting and quoting ancient history statistics.
;-)

RHCP

Bench
The people saying the hit dazed him are missing some pretty obvious evidence.

How often do you get knocked out or dazed but still have the insight to cling tightly to the football just in case a penalty isnt called.
This.

He acted like he was concussed, ever seen a player in that state hit the deck and hang onto the ball?

Eels Dude

Coach
If one of my players smacked him on the mouth I'd be blowing up at my player for doing something so stupid at such a crucial time.

Again, if Luke doesn't get hit high with an illegal tackle, all the theatrics in the world wouldn't have got us the penalty.

I can't recall a single post you've made bagging out one of your players after a loss? Care to share?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Comparisons wit soccer are justifiable in that like the souths players soccer players celebrate penalties.

Broncomum

Juniors
bunnies would have won the game anyway. plus contact to the head mate that was a penalty anyway.

You are missing the point.

1. IF ,as you say "contact to the head is a penalty" everytime it happens on the field, then we will have a game of penalties or a game where tackles will all be below the waist, JUST IN CASE anyone brushes another players face! In the context of gameplay, EVERY contact to the head is NOT automatically a penalty. Step back and consider that before you go further.

2. There was NO penalty awarded by the referee; only intervention from the video ref 'because there was a convenient pause in play' in saying that HE thought there should be a report of the incident meant that the on field ref HAD TO penalise what he had already deemed to be NOT WORTHY of a penalty in order to then be able to put it on report.
Now cast your mind back to numerous forward passes & 'no-tries' etc that have occurred this year and NOT been penalised by the on-field Ref. None were changed by the video Ref in those instances; was it merely because there was no 'convenient pause in play'???

The interference from the video Ref (and it WAS interference as he was NOT called on by the on field Ref to make any judgement calls) DID influence the outcome of this game.

Neither team actually matter to me, but the elasticity of rules does bother me and many others. I don't want my team affected by some jumped up Video Ref; it's time to seek some answers on this one.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I can't recall a single post you've made bagging out one of your players after a loss? Care to share?
There hasn't been much to bag out lately (with averaging 41 pts a game for a month and everything... :) ) Although Sandow's silly grubber kick to nothing could have cost us the game but earlier in the year I recall blowing up at Wesser, Talanoa and Sutton after some of their shit games.