What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who shot Isaac Luke?

innsaneink

Referee
WELL THATS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT!!!! HIS f**kING DIVE. So stop with your

Because it was blatantly obvious he dived. Even if its 50/50, don't give the penalty. Stops players knowing that staying down (or in this case falling as if you were shot) won't get you a penalty.

LOL...calm down Jenny

Youre ignoring the facts, ignoring the rules....

You need to answer the question I asked earlier.

Once more:
How does a ref on vid ref determine on the spot if a player is injured or not?

Answer this logically and sensibly and you go some way to solving your gripe, simple fact is there is NO easy way around this, its been going on for years yet here you are whinging and screaming like a stuck pig...whats wrong?
Backed/tipped the cowboys?

no name

Coach
I have no problem with the dive, most players do anything to get a win.
I have no problem that it SHOULD have been a penalty. Clear contact with the head.
I do have a problem with it being put on report from the VR. That rule needs to be changed.
If the rule was the VR can give any penalty then I wouldn't have a problem with anything.

Stinkler

Juniors
It was a high tackle and deserved a penalty. This can not be disputed.

After the on field referees "missed it", the Video Referee can view replays prior to the restart of play. If he believes that the incident is worth of being placed on report, a penalty may be awarded.

Was the incident last night worthy of being placed on report?
If yes, Hampstead made the correct decision.
If no, Hampstead should be stood down from his role as a Video Referee.

The issue is the use of the Video Referee. While they can use it in situations like this, players will continue to "take a dive".

In my opinion, the on field Referees didn't "miss" the hit. They saw it and didn't want to end the game on a penalty. However once Luke stayed down, they had no choice when the call came back to them from above.

End of the day, the penalty was correct. The process of how the penalty came about may have some problems.

Cowboys fans should feel free to whinge about the display from the Refs for the rest of the game though. TERRIBLE!

cleary89

Coach
lol no, its much better for saints that the cowboys lost, but its clearly a blight on the game.

Big Pete

Referee
But they have addressed it ink.

If it's not worthy of being put on report it's called play on.

And honestly the day that tackles a reportable offence is the day this game turns into touch footy. Fair dinkum.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
lol nobody can say that substantively, you're just letting your bias cloud your judgement. In any case it was a penalty every day of the week, so stop crying

For the record, I wanted the Bunnies to win. It helps the Warriors out no end. And I've said several times in this thread and others it was a stone-cold penalty that the referee should've picked up.

That said, Luke is a Greg Louganis minus the AIDS (maybe).

icewind

Juniors
strat, you do realise Inglis took no part in that origin after that tackle???

come come beave, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Inglis OBVIOUSLY wanted the oscar so bad that he was willing to sit out the rest of the match. You can be so ignorant sometimes. Geez. I applaud strat's accurate and unbiased assessment and hope you do too.

;-)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yes, he did get clipped across the head, but I think the referees need to show a bit of a "feel" for the game and let the players decide the outcome. I've seen plenty of worse tackles not even get a penalty. I'll throw this out there. If Luke knew he was no chance of getting a penalty, would he have stayed down?

I might get howled down for this suggestion, but maybe they should look at making all penalties in golden point, differential penalties? That way we get rid of Isaac Luke's theatrics, but if a player gets hit in the head, they still get a penalty.

icewind

Juniors
but seriously, I would have been happy with a rabbitohs win as much as a cowboys, but that was just plain pathetic, both on Luke's part, and the fact the someone upstairs could give that, honestly! V/ref should be sacked.

ironhorse

Juniors
I have said that before ^^^ Differential (non scoring) penalties have a bigger place in the game fullstop imo. I think the rules still only allow for these in scrums though.

Red Bear

Referee
but seriously, I would have been happy with a rabbitohs win as much as a cowboys, but that was just plain pathetic, both on Luke's part, and the fact the someone upstairs could give that, honestly! V/ref should be sacked.
Yes, video ref should be sacked for awarding a penalty to a player hit over the face...

Lego_Man

First Grade
So Luke "dived" then "hopped to his feet"?

He was down for a good 20 seconds. How do boxers get up within a 10 count? Or do they "dive" when they get hit?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Barrett did the same think to Inglis in Origin, and Captain Nemo went down like a sack of spuds, and everyone demanded Barrett be suspended for 200 years.

Luke was in gaga land before the tackle was completed.

You lost. Get over it.

LOL except that Barrett's was a closed fist swing that put Inglis out of the rest of the game, while Luke played dead for 30 seconds then got up like nothing had happened. Very Hayne-esque.

Troll harder misery bee.

hitman82

Bench
Technically a penalty.
Not something I'd expect a video ref or touch judge to intervene for.
See much worse let go numerous times every game.
Luke definitely milked it.

At the end of the day *shrug*

Sean18

Juniors
Clearly a dive by a merkin of a player and then the way he got up and celebrated with Sandow was absolutely f**king pathetic.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So Luke "dived" then "hopped to his feet"?

He was down for a good 20 seconds. How do boxers get up within a 10 count? Or do they "dive" when they get hit?

:lol: That's a terrible comparison. Luke stayed down until the ref blew his whistle. Once they got the penalty he was up and celebrating.

Boxers don't get up and walk around as if nothing happened after being knocked out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Luke was doing what he gets paid to do, win games for his team. The problem lies with allowing video refs to cover the on field refs lack of ability to see a penalty or make a tough decision. Take the video ref out of penalty decisions and you will stop the diving.

Latest posts