What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who shot Isaac Luke?

Mr Fourex

Bench
Lol......only made it 2 pages in

This is true , that is a penalty .It is a careless smack in the face . The timing and sportsmanship might come into question but that's a penalty week in week out . Too bad for the game and the cowboys on the timing and in front of sticks but thats life.

Yep.......

Anyone who has done a bit of boxing will know that the jaw is a weak spot. If you look at his eyes glaze over in the front on shot, I would say it's pretty obvious he copped a good one. I'd say he was shaken up by the hit.

Lol........no. :lol:

eozsmiles

Bench
Wrong....ANY contact with the head is a penaltyQUOTE]

No it's not. Never has been and never will be. There would be 200 penalties a game if that was the case. Every tackle involves someone being contacted in the head. Just not always by the arm.

RWB

Bench
I don't know what was more embarrassing the dive or his attemtped tackle on Tariq Sims.

blain

Juniors
Got a good whack in the chops, but no doubt over did it. He should have got up to play the ball holding his face instead of acting like he was knocked out.

F**ken Bunnies.. Hope they dont make the finals, they dont deserve it.

Made contact with the head. It's a high tackle. An illegal tackle. Worthy of a penalty. End of discussion.

And you f**kwits claiming he acted, you don't know shit. You can cop a massive belting to the head and walk away without a problem. You can die from a lovetap. The head is a very complicated part of the body and how heavy the blow is isn't always in direct proportion to the severity of the effect on the guy on the receiving end.

I'm a boxing fan, I've seen massive hits from blokes far stronger than you and I do absolutely nothing to the other guy, I've seen much softer hits KTFO of a fighter if it's timed well and hits him at the right angle.

None of you know if Luke acted here, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

You do realise that he has admitted to "making more of it than there was" (i.e acting), don't you?

For those of you that can read (i.e not Bunniesman), here's the source.
http://www.cqnews.com.au/story/2011/08/20/luke-in-trouble-from-mum-after-nrl-dive/

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
strat, you do realise Inglis took no part in that origin after that tackle???
Yes. That was my point.

come come beave, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Inglis OBVIOUSLY wanted the oscar so bad that he was willing to sit out the rest of the match. You can be so ignorant sometimes. Geez. I applaud strat's accurate and unbiased assessment and hope you do too.
Knobjockey here obviously didnt get it. No you stupid f*ck - Inglis didn't dive. Never said he did ffs.

I do think it's odd that there are 10000 whingers at Lukes reaction and hardly anyone complaining about the high shot. The OP's defence - that it should not have been put on report - is stupid, because he shouldnt have hit him high in the first place!!!!

So the OP and his supporters are basically whinging because the Cowpats didnt get away with an illegality. What if Luke instead stood in the tackle and whinged at the ref? Nothing would happen, right? It aint Lukes fault the Cowpat hit him high, or the Ref didnt do his job.

Craig Smith took a dive in the 99 grand final. Just ask Jamie Ainscough. Is that what you morons are saying?

Right result. Move on.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Shocking dive from Issac Luke, Robbie farah esc if you will
I reckon Thurstons comment was right on the money " its an Fing love tap" It was high but the way he went down absolutely sickened me, then he is up right as rain not 22 sec later ???? magic water my ass

BunniesMan

Immortal
You do realise that he has admitted to "making more of it than there was" (i.e acting), don't you?

For those of you that can read (i.e not Bunniesman), here's the source.
http://www.cqnews.com.au/story/2011/08/20/luke-in-trouble-from-mum-after-nrl-dive/
I've already linked to that article.

I meant act in the sense of what he's been accused of.

He didn't dive. I meant he didn't act in that sense. He didn't pretend someone hit him in the head. He was hit in the head.

Now did he exaggerate the effects of that hit? To a degree, keeping in mind he did bleed out of the mouth and wasn't able to eat solid foods last night. But the fact he exaggerated the effect SLIGHTLY so that the refs had time to check it and make the correct decision. I have no problem with that what so ever.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I've already linked to that article.

I meant act in the sense of what he's been accused of.

He didn't dive. I meant he didn't act in that sense. He didn't pretend someone hit him in the head. He was hit in the head.

Now did he exaggerate the effects of that hit? To a degree, keeping in mind he did bleed out of the mouth and wasn't able to eat solid foods last night. But the fact he exaggerated the effect SLIGHTLY so that the refs had time to check it and make the correct decision. I have no problem with that what so ever.

It was a dive. He acted as if he'd been knocked out when he hadn't been.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It was a dive. He acted as if he'd been knocked out when he hadn't been.
Diving is creating the illusion of imaginary contact. That didn't happen. Diving and an illegal tackle are mutually exclusive. You can't dive if you have been illegally tackled. He was illegally tackled.

Actual diving can cause the ref to make the wrong decision. What Luke did led to the right decision being made.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Diving is creating the illusion of imaginary contact. That didn't happen. Diving and an illegal tackle are mutually exclusive. You can't dive if you have been illegally tackled. He was illegally tackled.

Actual diving can cause the ref to make the wrong decision. What Luke did led to the right decision being made.

LOL. Rationalise it all you want by attempting to muddy the waters of definition through semantics.

Ben Kennedy copped a light slap across the face and went down like he'd been shot. That was a dive, but he didn't "create the illusion of imaginary contact".

HE ACTED LIKE HE'D BEEN KNOCKED OUT WHEN HE HADN'T BEEN.

jaycee_17th

Juniors
The people saying the hit dazed him are missing some pretty obvious evidence.

How often do you get knocked out or dazed but still have the insight to cling tightly to the football just in case a penalty isnt called.

This. Finally someone brought this up.

Delboy

First Grade
Bunniesman, Isaac Luke did a professional thing, he over reacted and got the team a win

Personally, I don't think it was a good look, but if I was a Souffs fan then all is fair, but if even you were being honest, it was the equivalent of a soccer dive to get a frre kick, not what most fans like to see

Didgi

:lol: Thankyou Bunniesman for helping me recover from my depression over last night, your definitions of 'diving' are brilliant stuff.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunniesman, Isaac Luke did a professional thing, he over reacted and got the team a win

Personally, I don't think it was a good look, but if I was a Souffs fan then all is fair, but if even you were being honest, it was the equivalent of a soccer dive to get a frre kick, not what most fans like to see
People that think what Luke did was like diving in Soccer, they have no idea. I'm a soccer fan, I've seen blokes hit the floor with a metre between them and the nearest defender. In Soccer, attacking players often fall with literally nothing and noone touching them in the slightest.

Unlike what regularly happens in soccer, Luke was hit with an actual illegal tackle. His actions let the refs fix what otherwise would have been an embarassing mistake. Some of you call it unsportsmanlike, well him being unsportsmanlike led to the correct decision being made, and I have no problem with that.

This thread would be acceptable if Luke actually dived, he didn't, he exaggerated the effect of a real high tackle to make sure the refs didn't f**k up. Nothing wrong with that.

Latest posts