What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who shot Isaac Luke?

Tommy Smith

Referee
I did have to laugh at JT for saying non of the Cowboys players would do that.

Matt Bowen is the Marlon Brando of divers in the NRL. There are some shockers such as Hayne, Prince and Luke. But Bowen is both captain and coach of the NRL Diver's XIII.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
People that think what Luke did was like diving in Soccer, they have no idea. I'm a soccer fan, I've seen blokes hit the floor with a metre between them and the nearest defender. In Soccer, attacking players often fall with literally nothing and noone touching them in the slightest.

Unlike what regularly happens in soccer, Luke was hit with an actual illegal tackle. His actions let the refs fix what otherwise would have been an embarassing mistake. Some of you call it unsportsmanlike, well him being unsportsmanlike led to the correct decision being made, and I have no problem with that.

This thread would be acceptable if Luke actually dived, he didn't, he exaggerated the effect of a real high tackle to make sure the refs didn't f**k up. Nothing wrong with that.

Call it what you will, but league has always been known as a tough mans sport ! Hard to believe a team with the culture that spawned a player of Sattlers ilk (Broken jaw and still got up and played 70 + min of a match ) now happily cheers on Luke play acting for a penalty, You have slid a long way from those values

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So everyone that goes down like a sack of spuds is taking a dive?

Thanks for the insight into how your brain works. Been trying to figure it out for years.

According to you, this was a dive too.
poore.price420-420x0.jpg

:lol:

What a f**king pathetic attempt.

Ladies and Gents, I give you Misty the tard:

backpedaling34.jpg

Of course you're playing dumb (your forte really) after getting caught out in a lie, but I'll play along.

Why would you refer to Inglis as "Captain Nemo" - a fictional submarine captain from Jules Verne's "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea" if you weren't insinuating he took a dive?

:lol:

Last edited:

Daddycool

Juniors
He should try out for the Italian soccer team
lkxa3.gif
Very good.

When it's all said and done, he did get hit high and considering the state of the game.... he did what a lot of players would have done and stayed down to milk the penalty. Sure.. he exaggerated it and made himself look foolish but he got the result for his team. The Cowboys are entitled to have the sh#ts about it but if they hadn't given up those two late tries they wouldn't have been in that position either.

Billythekid

First Grade
There are heaps of players taking dives every week. Luke is only being singled out because it was golden point.

I hate diving and i think we need to start punishing players faking injuries (rolling around like your having a fit or pretending you're concussed etc is disgraceful). However you can't just expect the rules to change because it's golden point.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
There is no controversy. Hit got hit in the head. In rugby league you aren't allowed to hit blokes in the head. In rugby league, the game that was played on Friday night, if you hit someone in the head you will be penalised. It is unfortunate that it happened in golden point, but the right call was made. End of story.

Didgi

There is no controversy. Hit got hit in the head. In rugby league you aren't allowed to hit blokes in the head. In rugby league, the game that was played on Friday night, if you hit someone in the head you will be penalised. It is unfortunate that it happened in golden point, but the right call was made. End of story.

Ok guys, that's it.

He said End of story, the story must end.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

FFS just about everyone here agrees that it was a penalty. That's not what's being discussed.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Even though they won we will still Lol@50uff$.

Lol at you and your team parra shame. Your teams at the tail of the field but your laughing at the form team of the comp. Maybe your laughing cause you have money on the bunnies and your laughing all the way to the bank bro

shiznit

Coach
A direct quote from Neil Henry after the last years game against Souths...
"I try and tell him [Thurston] to stay down until it goes upstairs...."

interesting that Neil doesn't seem to mind Thurston staying down to draw a penalty from Isaac Luke but he's dirty on Isaac Luke doing exactly the same... :roll:

im a fan of Neil Henry... but someone needs to tell him to pull his head in...

Kiwi

First Grade
Just looked at the tackle, what a cat luke is. I really hope souths miss the 8 now, then this low act was for nothing.

Just looked at the tackle, what a cat luke is. I really hope souths miss the 8 now, then this low act was for nothing.

It's a shame we don't have a compulsory sit-out for players after concussion, like in other sports.

Would be hilarious to see Luke forced to miss 4 weeks of game time for taking a dive and pretending to be concussed. That would soon stop these morons from playing-dead :lol:

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
it was reported that luke couldn't eat the day after the match, and thought he had a broken jaw. he admitted if our season wasn't on the line he may have gotten up and played the ball, then called the trainer over. At least luke is good enough to admit it. Thurston looked like a goose in the post match press conference, saying he wasn't that sort of player... he's an olympic standard diver. every time someone makes contact with his he stays down until no penalty is awarded and then he's straight back to his feet.

Didgi

Whilst I won't disagree JT has dived on occasion, most halves do it after a kick.

Latest posts