What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who should we be looking after june 30th

parra pete

Referee
Tana Pooki...No 25 for the All Blacks Under 19 team that played the Wallabies in the final of the IRB Under 19 World Cup on Friday night.
Absolutely brilliant..a great runner of the ball and the same size as Matt Bowen.......Could not believe the skills of the kid.....Amazing.

parra pete

Referee
I have just looked up this kid on Google search engine his name is Tane Puki..Sensational is the only word I can use to describe him. An unbelievable talent. If you get the opportunity to see a tape of the final watch it..He is No 25 for the All Blicks.

Cup of cheer from SPORT.Telegraph
This column has never been slow to criticise the International Rugby Board, so equally it should salute the superbly organised Emirates IRB Under-19 World Cup, which concludes in Dubai tomorrow with the final between New Zealand and Australia.

Building on their success in staging one of the world's top sevens tournaments every year, the Arabian Gulf Union have proved hard-working hosts. The only glitch came last Monday when evening temperatures soared to 40 degrees centigrade and the semi-final games were delayed for 15 minutes on medical grounds.

Star-spotters should make a mental note of the following: Tane Puki, Tim Bateman, Male Sa'u and captain Victor Vito of New Zealand, Australia's Joshua Holmes and A J Gilbert, French centre Thomas Cambezou and England's Danny Care, a scrum-half who can also double up at fly-half.

Look out, too, for young Scottish referee Andy McPherson, who received top marks from every team he has controlled and has been rewarded with tomorrow's main final, pipping Ireland's Peter Fitzgibbon.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
After watching the Storm game tonight, I think it would be good if we could get hold of Cameron Smith and Jeremy Smith.

Problem is they are probably not off contract.

3 B Smith
6 J Smith
7 T Smith
9 C Smith
11 J Smith

damo72

Juniors
Maroubra Eel said:
After watching the Storm game tonight, I think it would be good if we could get hold of Cameron Smith and Jeremy Smith.

3 B Smith
6 J Smith
7 T Smith
9 C Smith
11 J Smith

You would have to change the Storms Jeremy Smith to 12 as 11 is owned

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm not even sure which position the Storms Jeremy Smith plays. All I know is he is a big bloke.

I guess Hindmarsh can stay as long as he changes his name to Smith.

damo72

Juniors
There is this kid playing for the Cowboys in number 18 out in the centres, maybe we should look at him:D

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Maroubra Eel said:

3 B Smith
6 J Smith
7 T Smith
9 C Smith
11 J Smith

Can't tell if you were kidding but I'm a huge fan of Cameron Smith, I'd swap both Riddell and Marsh for him. He's signed up long term by the Storm though.

There's lots of people saying just worry about re-signing our own players first. As much as I'd like to see all of our young players stay, you need fresh faces around the place and I think that's one of the reasons we're struggling this year.

Utey

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Can't tell if you were kidding but I'm a huge fan of Cameron Smith, I'd swap both Riddell and Marsh for him. He's signed up long term by the Storm though.

There's lots of people saying just worry about re-signing our own players first. As much as I'd like to see all of our young players stay, you need fresh faces around the place and I think that's one of the reasons we're struggling this year.

Theres a lof oif reasons why we have started with a struggle. Iam sure we will come good.

eels1986

Juniors
Personally I would love to see Sione Faumuina in jumper number 13 - what a player he is. Jamie Lyon in 6 and Roy Asotasi in 10 would be perfect.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it appears that the 2 players that we've been linked to over the last few weeks are now rumoured to go to othe clubs, Gidley to the Tigers, Lyon to St George.

Funny thing about the Gidley thing in the sunday telegraph is that there was a story about how Gidley is the man to replace Prince and 2 pages later Rothfield and Wilson's rumoured tripe had him going to Parra.

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:
it appears that the 2 players that we've been linked to over the last few weeks are now rumoured to go to othe clubs, Gidley to the Tigers, Lyon to St George.

Funny thing about the Gidley thing in the sunday telegraph is that there was a story about how Gidley is the man to replace Prince and 2 pages later Rothfield and Wilson's rumoured tripe had him going to Parra.

Was it in Sssssssh........

Redback71

First Grade
a big mean bashing forward with no hair and no front teeth bad breadth and one who hates to shower for 3 days before a game, someone who will stike fear into there opponents someone who no one wants to tackle.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:
how are the dragons gonna afford lyons unless they loose gasnier and barratt

well they've lost Bailey and will lose atleast one or both Gaz or Barrett between the three of them that's over a million.

they can afford it.

Latest posts