What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bottle

Coach
I was going to compile a list of those who were rookie coaches that have gone on to eventually win Premierships, but then realised I would have to list every Premiership winning coach. So I didn't bother.

rainman44

Bench
I was going to compile a list of those who were rookie coaches that have gone on to eventually win Premierships, but then realised I would have to list every Premiership winning coach. So I didn't bother.

Rookie coaches at the same club they started?

St Georgio

Juniors
1.Bennett- First Choice still!
Plan B, Mary has shocked me so far... lets see what happens, but if he gets us into the semis and cannot get creeping back, I would throw a 1 year contract to see how he goes year 2, if Mary gets us into the top 4 next year, I would give him a 5 year contract after that.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
People are buying into McGregor's 4-2 record.

Beat Sharks.
Were awful against Titans, with only a fieldgoal separating.
Cowboys were missing their key playmaker, & 2 best forwards - scored 4 tries each.
Storm, yeah, I'll pay that one.

GT0007

Juniors
People are buying into McGregor's 4-2 record.

Beat Sharks.
Were awful against Titans, with only a fieldgoal separating.
Cowboys were missing their key playmaker, & 2 best forwards - scored 4 tries each.
Storm, yeah, I'll pay that one.

Sharks just beat broncos & roosters hmm I'll take that win, we also equalled Penrith for tries without Duges, Merrin, Morris & Frizell was injured early. While we're not playing as well as I'd like stop being such a pessimist!

St Georgio

Juniors
Sharks just beat broncos & roosters hmm I'll take that win, we also equalled Penrith for tries without Duges, Merrin, Morris & Frizell was injured early. While we're not playing as well as I'd like stop being such a pessimist!
:music1:

possm

Coach
Mary is doing a lot better than Price and his reward will be a good record on his resume when applying for an ESL coaching job.

At this time in the Club's development we need an experienced and highly skilled senior coach to re-establish the standards lost over the past few years (since Bennet left). Mary is not that person.

St Georgio

Juniors
Mary is doing a lot better than Price and his reward will be a good record on his resume when applying for an ESL coaching job.

At this time in the Club's development we need an experienced and highly skilled senior coach to re-establish the standards lost over the past few years (since Bennet left). Mary is not that person.
Who ?

possm

Coach

I'm sure the Board is aware of the available options and it would be very difficult to predict the thoughts of the Board however, my selection in order of preference would be:

Bennett
Sheens
Smith
Brown
Daley
Henry

Saintsified

Bench

Youb speak from experience, that's because you're experienced and speak from experience?

Lol

Last edited:

DUB888

Juniors

Agree , Mary may well be a good assistant coach under the right senior coach with a view to him becoming the first grade coach in a few years. We need a future not a year by year "see how it goes " approach.

possm

Coach
Agree , Mary may well be a good assistant coach under the right senior coach with a view to him becoming the first grade coach in a few years. We need a future not a year by year "see how it goes " approach.

Today on 4BC radio, Daley ruled out coaching any NRL Club and said he was not negotiating with and had not been approached by any NRL Club. He said he want's to continue as SOO coach as long as possible. So Daley is not a contender.

Sheens said no to the Sharks however, has said in the past that he wants to coach an NRL Club again. So Sheens is in the market and may be a contender.

Bennett is being as quiet as a mouse as usual but most people are saying that he will stay at Newcastle.

Any other updates?

silverex

Bench
Last night on 'Sports Today', Gibbsy said that it was 'on the cards' that Bennett was coming back to the Dragons.

He gave no other indication as to the source or accuracy of that information.

I took it with a grain of salt.

matPORTS

Juniors
The way I currently see things, unless Bennett, Bellamy, Hasler or Toovey are available and want to take the job (these four are the only outsiders I'd trust to get the job done), then okay, give Mary a one year deal.

One other thing I keep thinking about is that the fate of our next coach is in the hands of Mary (whether its Mary himself or someone else). If we don't make the finals this year, for an unacceptable third straight year by our standards, the next coach is under enormous pressure to ensure that a finals berth is delivered. We simply cannot afford to waste another year.

GT0007

Juniors
The way I currently see things, unless Bennett, Bellamy, Hasler or Toovey are available and want to take the job (these four are the only outsiders I'd trust to get the job done), then okay, give Mary a one year deal.

One other thing I keep thinking about is that the fate of our next coach is in the hands of Mary (whether its Mary himself or someone else). If we don't make the finals this year, for an unacceptable third straight year by our standards, the next coach is under enormous pressure to ensure that a finals berth is delivered. We simply cannot afford to waste another year.

I actually posted the exact same thing re: coaches though I didnt include Toovey as he walked into a ready made Team that Hasler left him and we don't quite have that. I do think he has done well though considering they lost 4 front rowers from last year. I just dont want to sign a coach for 3 yrs hoping he brings success then cross our fingers. If we sign Mary for 1yr toward the end of this season I'm happy with that if the current form continues and we improve. There's no rush if the other big names aren't available

Latest posts